Pittsburgh Steelers win Super Bowl XL

Who should be Super Bowl MVP?

• Hines Ward (5 Receptions, 123 yards, 1 TD)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antwaan Randle El (3 Receptions, 22 yards, 1 Completion, 43 yards, 1 Game Turning TD)

• Willie Parker (10 Carries, 93 yards, 1 TD, 75 yard carry, longest in Super Bowl History)

• Jerome Bettis (14 Carries, 43 yards, Will likely retire as 5th all time leading rusher after this ga

• Ike Taylor (6 Tackles, 1 Assist, Game Turning INT)

• Total voters

The_Joker

Rookie
Congradulations to the Steelers and their fans! Decent game, though I feel neither team brought their A game. Which is my only regret. But still, good game.

So, who should be Super Bowl MVP?

was this really a TD??

capt.sb29302060114.super_bowl_football_sb293.jpg

Sounds said:
was this really a TD??

capt.sb29302060114.super_bowl_football_sb293.jpg

Like the announcers said, for it to be a TD, a part of the ball has to be over the white line for it to count. I think it's conceivable that that's the case, given that particular photo. Not by any means definite, but it's not a bad call either.

The only reason it was a touchdown is because it was ruled one to begin with. If it were not ruled one and then review there would not have been enough evidence to over turn it. I personally dont think it was.

My thoughts on this game are not that great. I really do not like the Steelers to begin with so its hard to not be biased. I feel seattle outplayed the steelers and there were some pretty questionable calls that all went in the Steelers favor. The reffing was sub par considering there was holding everytime Ben pulled it down and ran that was never called. That pass interference on Jackson in the endzone in the first half was a terrible call. Then again that Stevens guy that played Tight End had about 7,000 dropped passes and some of Hasselbeck's passes were Neil O'Donnel-esk (quarter back of the steelers in 96' who threw two passes to larry brown, a Dallas DB, when no steeler receiver was in the vacinity at all. Go Cowboys!) Finally why is it so hard to find a good kicker anymore. The Seattle kicker blew 2 of them in this game. Bah oh well. There's always next year and go Cowboys!

capt.sb27902060103.super_bowl_football_sb279.jpg

they showed the replay soo many times... and it very much looked like the ball was down before reaching any part of the the end zone and before the QB personally moved the ball into the end zone.. but its done now.. soo.. good game steelers.

^ My understanding, though, is that the ball doesn't have to touch the white line, there just has to be some part of it above the white line.

But then again, I'm used to CFL rules, so what do I know?

^That is the correct ruling. They said it had crossed over the white line at one point, but I don't think it did. Like teed_off said, they might have just left it becuase they had already called it. But I thought it wasn't a touchdown, since it was very hard to tell.

The better team won.

I'm happy for Bill Cowher the most, I've always thought highly of the man and have a deep respect for his coaching abilities.

And if you want to be precise (and you do in the Super Bowl), the Roethlisberger run was a touchdown.

I wonder if Seattle can bounce back next season. All signs point to yes, and in my opinion they should be an even better team next year (resign Alexander of course), but who knows?

The rolling stones were pathetic. AC/DC would have been the perfect choice for the halftime show.

teed_off383 said:
The only reason it was a touchdown is because it was ruled one to begin with. If it were not ruled one and then review there would not have been enough evidence to over turn it. I personally dont think it was.

My thoughts on this game are not that great. I really do not like the Steelers to begin with so its hard to not be biased. I feel seattle outplayed the steelers and there were some pretty questionable calls that all went in the Steelers favor. The reffing was sub par considering there was holding everytime Ben pulled it down and ran that was never called. That pass interference on Jackson in the endzone in the first half was a terrible call. Then again that Stevens guy that played Tight End had about 7,000 dropped passes and some of Hasselbeck's passes were Neil O'Donnel-esk (quarter back of the steelers in 96' who threw two passes to larry brown, a Dallas DB, when no steeler receiver was in the vacinity at all. Go Cowboys!) Finally why is it so hard to find a good kicker anymore. The Seattle kicker blew 2 of them in this game. Bah oh well. There's always next year and go Cowboys!

Josh Brown is a goat. He needs to be spanked.

About the Gentle Ben TD- that was only a TD because they couldn't refute it wasnt, it was the wrong call on the field yes- but they couldn't overtun the call. BUT the Offensive Pass Interference call on DJack was totally blow.

Same as the Shawn Locklear hold in the 4th quarter. Same for the Block?? Below the waste on the Hasselbeck tackle.

But there isn't a thing you can do about it.

I wanted the steelers to win but I do have to admit there were some questionable calls. That offensive pass interference on that TD was just bull and the official waited till after he caught the ball to throw the flag. As for the touchdown up there, the official wasnt sure about it till he got up close and then called it a TD after Ben obviously just placed the ball in the endzone after he was down. If the ref was sure the ball broke the plane then he would've ruled as a TD before he even bothered to run up. That call on the tackle in the end of the game was BS also. Those were some bad calls.

And yea the superbowl show was damn pathetic.

Pffft, the superbowls are boring now. It's all gone downhill since The Jackson titty, nothing will top that. Unless Spears shows some T&A at the next game.

yeah.. and the rolling stones didnt have that much of a cool half time. they may have made good music... but thier performance on stage was kinda boring.

it is pretty unexcuseable for the Seattle D to give up a 3rd and 23 that lead to that disputable touchdown by big Ben. Also, the offical was trying to throw the flag on that pass interference as soon as there was contact. He just was having trouble getting the flag out of his pocket. It was the correct call too. The receiver used his hands to create seperation, as slight as it may have been, it was still illegal.

The refs did blow a few things, but i don't think they cost Seattle the game. I think Seattle's inabliity to make a big play, Stevens' dropped passes, Hasselbeck's arrant throws, Alexander's inability to break a big one, and Holmgren's horrible clock management and shoddy play calling cost Seattle the game.

I agree, all of Pitt's points were completely fair. Ben's TD was ruled a TD by the Referee's judgement on the field. It would have been a tough call for anybody. However, there was not enough evidence to overturn it. Other than the pass interference call, which was completely ruled correctly, no other sehawks points were kept back from these "bad calls". I mean, I'll even admit, the first half especially, the sehawks clearly outperformed Pitt, however, couldnt convert ball movement over the endzone line.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod