Super Bowl

Who are you rooting for in the Super Bowl?

• Seattle Seahawks, and I predict they win

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seattle Seahawks, but I predict they lose

• Pittsburgh Steelers, and I predict they win

• Pittsburgh Steelers, but I predict they lose

• Total voters
segageek said:
The_Joker said:
They played in Super Bowl XXX (Lost on Neil O'Donnell's game winning INT) and...well I don't know how long it's been since they won, the Bradshaw era I think.

Yeah but that was so not O Donnell's fault.

Not if you ask the Steelers fans...or the Steelers organization. I think they got rid of O'Donnell after that year even though he holds the honor of being the least picked off QB in NFL history (INT to ATT ratio) in the regular season.

The picks are credited as being very poorly thrown, and I have seen them and they are ugly.

TheNesMan said:
gynn6417 said:
Steelers all the way...bettis wins super bowl mvp in his home town..that would be a nice touch before he retires.
Of course, everyone likes to see the storybook ending.

Funny thing is that isn't the story book ending, that is the Media ending. The sotry book ending would be the Underdogs and the Guy Nobody Picked winning it all.

StalfrosCC said:
TheNesMan said:
gynn6417 said:
Steelers all the way...bettis wins super bowl mvp in his home town..that would be a nice touch before he retires.

Funny thing is that isn't the story book ending, that is the Media ending. The sotry book ending would be the Underdogs and the Guy Nobody Picked winning it all.
Give me a link to the definition of a story book ending. Bettis winning the superbowl in his home town, in his last year is a story book ending in my opinion.

I think a story book ending is what makes it complete. What would make for the perfect game? And everyone has a different opinion on that. For Mikey having the Seahawks win would be storybook ending and for TheNesMan the Steelers winning would be perfect.

TheNesMan said:
StalfrosCC said:
TheNesMan said:
gynn6417 said:

Give me a link to the definition of a story book ending. Bettis winning the superbowl in his home town, in his last year is a story book ending in my opinion.

No. Again. That would be what the Media is perdicting.

Why do I bother with these 14 year olds?

StalfrosCC said:
TheNesMan said:
StalfrosCC said:
TheNesMan said:
gynn6417 said:

Why are you such a close minded arrogant moron? The nobody team and nobody player winning is usually referred to as the cinderela team. I'd have to agree with houseismyhero that the storybook ending is what makes it complete.

StalfrosCC said:
TheNesMan said:
StalfrosCC said:
TheNesMan said:
gynn6417 said:

I think you mean 'predicting' lad. And here's some food for thought - is the oppisite of what the media thinks, the 'story book ending' - if the media changed their minds right now because the Steelers running back got into a car accident (example!) and so now the media PREDICTS the Seahawks, would the storybook ending be the Steelers to win?

Ok this is why the Steelers will wim.

In the week 6 or 7 game of the regular season Seahawks played the Cowboys. The Dallas Cowboys were the only team this season that used a 3-4 defense on the seahawks. The cowboys owned the Seahawks for 59 minutes. Only in the last minute did Seattle manage to do something, off a LUCKY play. The steelers play in a 3-4 defense. And it goes without saying the Steelers play it a little better than the cowboys.

The Seahawks defense may be under-rated, but they are still no Denver or Chicago. The Steelers offense has been picking apart the best defenses in the NFl since Ben got into swing. No team has had much luck getting through that OL. And Seattle may lead the league in sacks, but after what Pittsburgh has done to records like those this post-season, i'm willing to bet they arent going to be to threatened by it.

And the only reason Seattle won is because they boxed Smith ALL game. Big Ben doesnt just throw to Hines Ward or Cecdrick Wilson all game. He's passed to FOUR receivers this season almost equally, and they have ALL proved they are worth passing too.

Plus One more thing about Seattle's pass vs. Steelers Defense: Troy Polamalu. You cant prepare for him unless you play him. They haven't. All the camera angles in the world can not prepare Matt Hasselbeck for what this man is going to do.

^ And that is the same view the Media has taken all year with the Seahawks and that is the same view they took when the Seahawks were going to play Carolina and that is why the Steelers winning would not be "Story Book". They Steelers had no adversity and nobody betting against them this year- they just didn't have anybody paying attention because of the Colts.

We beat the Colts also.

We will beat the Steelers.

NES Man, just because you are a moron and I know you are wrong doesn't mean I am arrogant and close minded. You are totally the product of a lazy liberal society that teaches you nothing about being humble and shutting the fuck up when you don't know what you are talking about. I blame your parents.

Greg- Sorry I spelled "prediction" wrong. I apologize that in my fast typing I transposed 2 letters. Sue me. NES Man just might.

P.S. On the TP issue. The Seahawks have Lofa Tatupu. Matt won't have any issue dealing with TP when he scrims agaist Lofa. Both graduates of the same SC program. Both are equal size. Lofa is a better player and in the next few years he will be the measuring stick of how to "quarterback:" a defense.

I am sorry, but the Seahawks are the most complete team in the NFL and just because you guys are late getting on the bandwagon doesn't mean your rehashed excuses and backwards analysis is going to make you look like any less of a joke when they win the Super Bowl.

w0000000000000000000!!!

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!

God I can't wait! 2 top notch defenses in the Super Bowl! Don't let up on the heat guys, we only have a little over week until the season ends so get all your blows in while you can!

curethursday signed up to GR for only that one post, yes, it's an exciting time of the year if you're a football fan!

A MONDAY ..SUNDAY NIGHT PAR-TAAY!

Curethursday, some good points, but there were two players not present in the Seahawks/Cowboys game. Darrell Jackson and Bobby Engram. The Cowboys were stuffing us for so long because we had Joe Jurivicious and DJ Hackett as our starting WRs, neither of whom are worth any more than a 1 on 1, especially with the good CBs the Cowboys have, and there were always 8-9 men in the box. If the Steelers try to put 8-9 in the box, they will get burned because our WR core will be at least 95% healthy by gametime I'm guessing.

I'm at school, so I'll reply to some more of this later and post rules for the Sig Bet.

No i'm an old member.

How can you honestly say he is better than TP? He is EVERYWHERE. He is the best safety in the NFL hands down. And when the Steelers play that 8-9 they are going to be puttig nothing but pressure on Hasselbeck. And with Porter getting Hasselberck and Polamalu in the back field, thats all they will need.

And sorry but the Steelers were betted AGAINSt up until this game. And it's only because Pittsburgh has shown the couintry just how good they really are and people finally started to pay attention that they are favorite to win now.

And there are two story book endings all the time. One story book ending is for Pittsburgh winning, the other for Seattle.

Pittsburg was 15-1 last season. I don't want to hear it. There isn't a person or media jock in the country who would say that they dont deserve to be where they are- HOWEVER, look at the articles on Fox Sports.com and ESPN. They say the Hawks don't belong in the game. I am here to tell you they do.

And yes, Lofa is better than TP. I know it. And you will soon know it.

Yea, I gotta agree with stal, the storybook ending is with the underdog. The steelers are a winning team, everyone expects them to win. But the seahawks have been dissapointing fans for a while now. So what bettis is playing in his home town? If the main character in a story wins all the time and is expected to win, that will be one really crappy story.

Seahawks is the storybook, steelers is media.

Sig bet. Winner gets to say what's in loser's sig for the next two weeks. No pictures, nothing that might put the account in danger, etc. Two lines max, as long as the sig obeys the rules it must be kept in for 2 weeks. No posting under other accounts and at least 28 posts must be made by the loser during the 2 weeks.

Is that everything? I hope, i'm gonna be gone for at least 2 weeks I think.

NOTE: The two weeks start when you first get the sig, not right after the super bowl. (Which should be a few days after the SB at longest, but I might not be on for a few days afterwards because of school.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle