The 1st Amendment and YOU!

Exactly what madster said.
Although, I dont think we'd be invaded. I think we'd be blown off the map.

Bringing it back for a new topic in free speech:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl ... 05305.html

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl ... 05283.html

Due to threats from a few radical muslims, south park was finally censored...a show that repeatedly rips on just about ever other major religious figure in...religion. I haven't watched south park for years now, but in exercising the right to free speech they really push it, but should they have been censored to appease radicals in the name of safety?

When I watched this episode initially I thought it was just Parker and Stone poking fun at the ridiculously stupid censorship laws that we have put in place for Muhammad. In "201" they were bleeping out his name and even bleeped out the "I learned something today" section, and originally I thought it was tasteful satire. When I found out Comedy Central threw those in and they weren't supposed to be there all I could think was "what's so wrong about saying Muhammad?"

I really want to see the original episode but at the moment they won't even stream the version that aired online, so /sad. Oh yeah, thought I'd share this with all of you too
Prophet_muhammad.jpg

Uh-oh! What did I do there?

I agree completely with the first article...Especially this:

One reason there is such a high "risk" is because media people such as O'Reilly left Westergaard and now the "South Park" creators, as Parker put it, "out to dry." All media in America should have reproduced Westergaard's cartoon, just as all media in American should now applaud Parker and Stone for their defense of free speech against Sharia.

schimmel said:
I thought it was just Parker and Stone poking fun at the ridiculously stupid censorship.

In "201" they were bleeping out his name and even bleeped out the "I learned something today" section, and originally I thought it was tasteful satire.

When I found out Comedy Central threw those in and they weren't supposed to be there all I could think was "what's so wrong about saying Muhammad?"

I still think it was a little of both. Parker and Stone (with Comedy Central) roasting the entire situation, with RevolutionMuslim doing their part. I think they handled the situation perfectly by blasting the entire episode to *BEEEEEP*.

So over the weekend just to do my part I bought a mouse and named it the Prophet Muhammad. I then showed it to everyone who came into my house, as well as hold it on the balcony for all to see. I then fed it to a snake. I'm still waiting for Revolution Muslim to contact me

As a side note, I'm not anti-Muslim, some of my best friends are Muslim, I'm just anti waving religion around to combat free speech. I'm tired of it and I want to see it gone. Unfortunately if Muslims are the ones carrying the torch it will be them seeing the butt of jokes for a while. It'll be nice to take a break from ripping on Scientology

Yeah man, that's got bad news bears written all over it. Odds are if you sent it to them it'd result in a campaign to get the site shut down. Like I said, bad news bears

Are you guys serious? That episode on south park was bleeped a million times because comedy central demanded it? Wow, it must've been very serious because that show gets away with ANYTHING! Seriously, there are many things they've shown on south park that you simply can't unsee. It's friggin ridiculous... We're afraid to make fun of muhammed because of a backwards society that believes they'll be rewarded in heaven for killing us. (and if you're on a PC high horse i'm obviously talking about terrorists and not every muslim in the entire world)

WickedLiquid said:
We're afraid to make fun of muhammed because of a backwards society that believes they'll be rewarded in heaven for killing us. (and if you're on a PC high horse i'm obviously talking about terrorists and not every muslim in the entire world)
Yep.

Murder a bunch of innocent civilians?
FUCK YEAH INFINITE REWARDS!

I love how every religion besides Judaism was founded by extreme Pacifists, yet they're more than willing to kill and die for them.

Irony, eh?

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
Longo_2_guns said:
I love how every religion besides Judaism was founded by extreme Pacifists, yet they're more than willing to kill and die for them.

Irony, eh?

I can't say I've ever seen a Buddhist extremist (except that one guy that set himself on fire).

Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Bet
Surprisingly, there have been a few. Not a whole lot, but there have been some.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle