That Kim Davis. Am I right guys?

UrbanMasque said:
What bothers me about this is that if Kim Davis was a Muslim woman denying services to people on that ground there would be an uproar.

..or maybe not.. I would love to see an islamic public servant do that same thing.. PLEASEEEEEEEEE

So this hasn't caused an uproar?

Not really.. Lets be honest, progress is going to steamroll over her and then eventually the south.. Hard.. but I think the anti-religious peeps and christian right would combine for a large coalition against an islamic person pulling this shit.

UrbanMasque said:
Not really.. Lets be honest, progress is going to steamroll over her and then eventually the south.. Hard.. but I think the anti-religious peeps and christian right would combine for a large coalition against an islamic person pulling this shit.

Yeah I agree with Urban. There's definitely been media coverage and an uproar from the Bible thumpers. Having said that it's a footnote in the annals of progressive history. If a Muslim city official did this? Islam would be dragged through the mud with such hate and vitriol on most any moderately conservative news program and they'd latch on and not let go like a crazed animal.

The important thing to remember about a story like this (one thing they usually gloss over) is that this lady and people like her have become the exception, not the rule. The headline isn't: County clerks across the nation defy supreme court order. The headline is: One nutter in one tiny county defies supreme court order. Much progress has been made during our lifetime.

Making this into a huge national story about her arrest and release just feeds into the whole paranoia that the devout feel they are persecuted and that the world is against them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle