The 1st Amendment and YOU!

Free speech or no what this group did is in bad taste. Most people have a sense of right and wrong even if the Bill of Rights tells them differently, and with or without free speech these people should know that protesting at a funeral is wrong.

Quite honestly, these people can hide behind their right to free speech as much as they want, but they need to be careful, especially if this is the father of a dead marine, because he can hide behind the Right to Bear Arms and that's a bit more dangerous than speaking out in public

Interesting point urb, makes me wonder if a study is needed. As duke ferris pointed out in that video game violence feature, video games don't make us go out and shoot people..would a rape game keep rapists at home?

and, also, it's the japanese. just weird period.

yeah, so anyways, back on topic, i guess these idiots have a website called godhatesgays.com. after skimming through the website, i got the impression that these idiots don't even care about what they are protesting, but more like real life trolls trying to goad people into fighting with them on purpose so they can sue them. thats the feeling i got from it anyways.

Yeah...I linked it on the first page....

But I don't disagree with the fact that they have their rights and are exercising them...Albeit in horrible taste.

but they aren't exercising their rights. they are doing it on purpose. they are purposely tricking people. if it was a actual protest with out the intent to sue, it'd be differant, but they do it so they can sue. all it is is one big con by making the first amendment work in their favor.

They are trolls and attention whores of the highest caliber.

What we need to do is point them to another enemy: the Church of Scientology. Have those two groups of morons fight at each other. It would be glorious.

lil history lesson for you gun nuts out there. the right to bear arms? that right was only created at the time so we could go to war with england, the right to bear arms back then meant anyone could serve as a soldier. today we take that right as a meaning that anyone can own a gun. also guns back then were a means to provide for a family cause they used the guns to hunt for their dinner. the right to bear arms in todays society is outdated. it needs to be completely re-written.

also, pointing a gun at someone doesn't make you a badass, it only makes you a lil coward.

I'm not going to lie, If there were a bunch of people disrespecting my son at his funeral like that, Killing them would run through my head a couple times. Killing them really wouldn't solve anything, but I know I would be enraged to that point.

The Huffington Post said:
The high court agreed to consider whether the protesters' message is protected by the First Amendment or limited by the competing privacy and religious rights of the mourners.
I'll be damned if religion starts getting more exemptions and if one can obtain more rights for having a certain religion (as you must remember, if this is how the supreme court is considering it, this is sect of religion vs. sect of religion).

Here's an uncommon sentence: I'm on Westboro's side.
It's bound to be quoted out of context someday. :)

KRP posted some wisdom in his topic. It amazes me how these Tea Party shitholes are so focused on the "constitution" and doing things how the framers intended, yet they don't realize why the second amendment was created in the first place... it wasn't so they could march around with a gun... it was so they could keep England from coming back and taking over the Colonies.

StalfrosCC said:
KRP posted some wisdom in his topic. It amazes me how these Tea Party shitholes are so focused on the "constitution" and doing things how the framers intended, yet they don't realize why the second amendment was created in the first place... it wasn't so they could march around with a gun... it was so they could keep England from coming back and taking over the Colonies.

England or anyone else for that matter. The other reason was to protect ourselves from our own government. In Europe if the leaders wanted to crack down hard and turn it into N Korea, they could, with no resistance. In America we at least have a chance.

Also, Pat Sejak backs the tea party, you going fuck with pat?

Also Also, this is interesting, about cell phone tracking:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl ... 05006.html

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle