Super Mario Galaxy...failed. GTA IV.....failed.

Are we to take Game Rankings as being the official moderator of this conflict of greatness? I think not.

used44 said:
Are we to take Game Rankings as being the official moderator of this conflict of greatness? I think not.
It's better to take the summation of all credible reviews as a measure of greatness rather than one singular review. Although, at the end of the day, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. A lot of people like it, some people don't.

I don't think OoT will ever be dethroned. In my eyes, it's perfect. The graphics were great for it's time, music was good, gameplay was perfect and the story was great for its time. I can't think of one bad thing about it.

I still am confused on how Galaxy got so high, I just don't think it's as good as reviewers say it is.

I've never played GTA IV so I wouldn't know if it is truly as great as everyone says it is.

Boringman54 said:
I still am confused on how Galaxy got so high, I just don't think it's as good as reviewers say it is.
I agree with you there. I honestly hoped it would be a lot better than it turned out to be.

The reason Mario Galaxy got such good ratings is because it brought back the feel of the old Mario games,more so Mario 64.It was a lot better than Sunshine which didn't do much for the series.

OoT is not a perfect game,no game is.there are a lot of glitches but who cares.Zelda has the one of a kind feel to it and can send players into another world for hours.OoT is close to perfect.It did have graphics that ppl at the time thot were breathtaking,of course compared to games like Gears of War and GTA,the graphics seem not that good.And yh the story is basically the same as the other Zelda games,but so what.If a game series with the same story in every game didn't sell,they would come up with something new,but Zelda sells...big.no matter what the story is.Zelda has a lot of awards under its belt.Awards that other games would kill for.So yh,OoT may not look better(by today's standards) that GTA IV but it is a game that will go down in history as one of the best.so suck it GTA!!!

if you go up to a wall or something like that,link's arm will be sticking into the wall sometimes...thats happened a lot with me.and there is some other stuff but i can't think of anything right now :)

I am holding my tongue for obvious reasons....but suffice to say it's all opinions in the end. It doesn't matter whats the perfect game, because it is what you make it.

I myself think OOT is the closest we will get to true perfection for a video game, it had enough in it to be full of depth, but didn't go overboard with features. It had a plethora of features, weapons, NPC's that all had a function and personality, and it had the perfect balances of difficulty in terms of puzzles, challenge for the players and dungeons. For me, it was a total package.

Longo_2_guns said:
Boringman54 said:
I agree with you there. I honestly hoped it would be a lot better than it turned out to be.
Though the concept was the same as Mario 64, I somehow felt that it was incredibly innovative. It had such a fresh feel to it and it was just plain fun. That's why I enjoyed it at least.

Some of the glitches were what made Ocarina of Time so amazingly fun. When you weren't busy conquering the dungeons, you were exploiting tricks to see funny stuff happen. Remember all the stuff that would spark up from the Swordless Link trick (saving your game and turning it off after Ganon knocks away the Master Sword)? Or turning any item into a bottle (great for that claim check that never goes away... or Farore's Wind).

Ocarina of Time was practically the pinnacle game of its genre, and one of the defining games of the Nintendo 64 right up there with Goldeneye and Super Mario 64. It really is a great game, and in my eyes, one of the best ever made.

Yeah, it wasn't perfect. All games have their flaws (because FUCK YOU running man!). The flaws didn't outweigh the good parts though, and it was a great game.

If you don't like the game, that's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. Me, though, I love Ocarina of Time, it was my first Zelda game, and will always be my favorite.

I myself think OOT is the closest we will get to true perfection for a video game, it had enough in it to be full of depth, but didn't go overboard with features. It had a plethora of features, weapons, NPC's that all had a function and personality, and it had the perfect balances of difficulty in terms of puzzles, challenge for the players and dungeons. For me, it was a total package.

I agree with you on that.and on the opinions because its all about reviews and who gets the better reviews gets the higher score and all reviews are,are opinions.OoT set a benchmark in gaming.according to IGN it was the biggest game of the decade.It is a masterpiece.In some people's eyes,it is perfection.few games have the effect that zelda has had on gamers.and thats what sets it apart.Zelda was already a great series but OoT set Zelda's greatness in stone.

Boringman54 said:
Alot of glitches? In OoT? I haven't ever experienced a glitch in it and I still have the original N64 version.

Man, watch the run I posted if you feel like it sometime. It shows just how very glitchy the game is. The glitches are a good thing though, it keeps people playing the game and even discovering new things years after the release.

Gamesharking it can cause for lots of new discoveries and fun little quirks.

Such as spawning Dark Link in the Temple of Time instead of the warping pedestal, then switching models with it (effectively playing as Dark Link for your duration inside the temple).

Also, spawning the Arwings that were left in the background coding that were originally there for debugging the targeting system.

Also, Beta Quest. Enough said.

You can tell OOT was the biggest success when fans screamed about how Wind Waker was going in the wrong direction... before they played the game.

OoT was a great game, definitely not a perfect game, but it many people's eyes, the best that has been made yet.

When you compare games, you should really consider 'for their time'. Almost all new games should be better than existing games, especially from those a generation ago.

OoT maybe the best game in it's generation.

^Not exactly. OoT is still way better than some games nowadays. The only thing you shouldn't compare are the graphics for obvious reasons but you still compare the game as a whole.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle