GTA IV soldout (In Denmark)

Rekkie7 said:
Ah turns out our version, along with the kiwi version is censored. Most likely just removing the hookers. I hate our late of R18 rating, and NZ suffers because it's easier to only ship one type to this corner of the world.
That's why you ship in a copy of the game and use it region free.

Longo_2_guns said:
Rekkie7 said:
Ah turns out our version, along with the kiwi version is censored. Most likely just removing the hookers. I hate our late of R18 rating, and NZ suffers because it's easier to only ship one type to this corner of the world.

That would work if I wanted the PS3 version. I'ld have to get the 360 version from Europe. I want to know what would happened if an uncesnored copy and a censored copy tried to play online/lan together and something that isn't in the censored version happened. Could be a cause for a lot of bugs.

Rekkie7 said:
Longo_2_guns said:
Rekkie7 said:

That would work if I wanted the PS3 version. I'ld have to get the 360 version from Europe. I want to know what would happened if an uncesnored copy and a censored copy tried to play online/lan together and something that isn't in the censored version happened. Could be a cause for a lot of bugs.

Well I think they sorted that out before.
There are quite a number of games out there that are in different version. Normally Americans are satisfied with blood turned off and abusive langauge. Which is fairly easy to censor for one part, and not for the other.

they might also do that the censored Aus version can't play with the rest of us :p The latency would also be too great if I had to play with someone from Aus region.
That's 12 hours time difference :D

lol@timedifference

yeah it could just be our own little aussie and kiwi servers...all these people with aussie and kiwi accents shooting at each other in the streets of a fictional american city. Could be entertaining.

I think i'll keep the version I'm getting since its special edition, but my import an unedited version down the track.

Rekkie7 said:
lol@timedifference

yeah it could just be our own little aussie and kiwi servers...all these people with aussie and kiwi accents shooting at each other in the streets of a fictional american city. Could be entertaining.

I think i'll keep the version I'm getting since its special edition, but my import an unedited version down the track.

Entertaining nothing.

"Oh, bro, I saved you ow, you almost got caned."
"Chur bro!"

Now most stores has said they are sold out.
All copies bought after 14th April might not get it before a month later.

I got my pre-order in April 5th. I am trying to get the game when it comes out but not play it until I buy an HD tv for memorial day (I think it's the last Monday of May) we get a bunch of sales on that day so I am hoping the sales discount compensates for the 10% sales tax.

Haha, yeah. I went in to preorder at the local game place and they were all sketchy about it. Said they weren't accepting preorders anymore because they're not sure how many copies they will be receiving because Rockstar said there would be a shortage.

And that's all bullshit. I could bet each of you ten dollars that they have overstock of GTAIV. They still have loads of copies of Gears of War, Crackdown, and Halo 3 - all from the last times that they had midnight release parties for hyped titles.

I'm sure, if I wanted to, I could easily get a copy on the 28th or 29th. Either there or at Fred Meyer's.

And, yes, I live in a somewhat small town.

used44 said:
Haha, yeah. I went in to preorder at the local game place and they were all sketchy about it. Said they weren't accepting preorders anymore because they're not sure how many copies they will be receiving because Rockstar said there would be a shortage.

And that's all bullshit. I could bet each of you ten dollars that they have overstock of GTAIV. They still have loads of copies of Gears of War, Crackdown, and Halo 3 - all from the last times that they had midnight release parties for hyped titles.

I'm sure, if I wanted to, I could easily get a copy on the 28th or 29th. Either there or at Fred Meyer's.

And, yes, I live in a somewhat small town.
I decided to not pre-order it and I'm just showing up on midnight. I did the same for the burning crusade and they had plenty of copies so I severely doubt there'll be a shortage.

Is "bullshit" not censored now? Awesome.

And I've never seen the draw of midnight releases. i mean, I get why they do them, but I don't think I would have any fun going.

I bet you could walk into a WalMart or Target and get it day one.

You can always find games- its systems they short supply you on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133