My son's operation, the journey.

Tylzen

Rookie
Two days ago my son had to have his tonsils and polyps removed, also have drains installed in his ears.

This is the journey, since we went to a Hospital in the other end of Denmark (~500 km away from where we live, 4 hrs of driving on the highway).

In the car, watching movies, he is wearing sedative stickers, so that it will not hurt when he gets an IV put in.
e1cM8.jpg

This is the view from the hospital entrance, all the wards are various sea animals. We were admitted at the Octopus ward.
sIxzn.jpg

He has changed clothes in to fashionable hospital clothing.
VJ7Dx.jpg

Being prepped for surgery, his mother sitting next to him, more nervous than he was.
8T7dp.jpg

Post-op not in the mood for much talking, just wanted to see Cars 2.
Ywq7E.jpg

Out cold before Cars 2 had ended.
PbIRP.jpg

Since only one parent were allowed to stay the hospital over night, I had rented a room at a nearby hostel, 11 km from Ho.
7iSHk.jpg

I did not have to rely on hospital food at least.
VJU6o.jpg

My room at the Hostel
Lv6Wb.jpg

Next day, my son is up and walking, waiting impatiently to get told he may leave.
AD3go.jpg

May i ask how much all this cost? or should i shut up before i start another political thread?

And i am very glad everything went ok! His scars will heal, he can now grow up to be a man.

Lien said:
May i ask how much all this cost? or should i shut up before i start another political thread?

And i am very glad everything went ok! His scars will heal, he can now grow up to be a man.

I spent a total of 500 Danish kroner = 83.1585 U.S. dollars for food (includes pitstop at highway gasstation for redbull, and a sandwich at the hospital café, cinnamon buns for breakfast at the hostel, 3x ½litres of soda which can be seen on the hostel room picture, and a pizza menu), and rent of hostel room.

We spent a total of 1000 Danish kroner = 166.31700 U.S. dollars on gas for the cars (we borrowed my mother's when we went for the pre-op examination which was a week prioer to the operation, then my son's mother's parents' car (I love genetiv)

All in all we roughly spent $250 US

Tylzen said:
Lien said:

I spent a total of 500 Danish kroner = 83.1585 U.S. dollars for food (includes pitstop at highway gasstation for redbull, and a sandwich at the hospital café, cinnamon buns for breakfast at the hostel, 3x ½litres of soda which can be seen on the hostel room picture, and a pizza menu), and rent of hostel room.

We spent a total of 1000 Danish kroner = 166.31700 U.S. dollars on gas for the cars (we borrowed my mother's when we went for the pre-op examination which was a week prioer to the operation, then my son's mother's parents' car (I love genetiv)

All in all we roughly spent $250 US

Very good, sir.

MattAY said:
Danish hostels are fancy, nice room!

Glad it went ok.

It was an incredible place actually,
For the price of 230 Danish kroner = 38.25291 U.S. dollars, I got a room with two beds (it was the smallest), free wifi, access to a swimming pool, spa, and exercise room.
It is close to the west coast.

Rochester, what I wrote in the captions on Facebook was basically updates about how things went. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod