Super Mario Galaxy...failed. GTA IV.....failed.

Ocarina of time.

And seriously, I think the reason we can't dethrone OOT is because we are more whiny then we were back then.

My 2 cents.

GhostTrip and Khaz....tsk...tsk...tsk.Ocarina of Time is by far one of the greatest games of all time.It set a benchmark in the world of RPG games.it was the first major RPG and Zelda game to be 3D.It was and still is a great game.You two are complete idiots for saying it sucks.

OOT was groundbreaking and still is an amazing game to play. I'd much rather play OOT than any other game out for the PS3....all six of them.

OoT was incredible. Personally, I think it is the best, but people refuse to dethrone it because it is thought of as the perfect game (which it isn't). Even though Galaxy or GTA4 are better, saying they are is to some saying that it is the best game ever, as well as better than perfect

OoT was excellent for a Zelda game (ie still fun despite being a retread of the same story about the same elf using the same tools to defeat the same evil overlord and save the same princess AGAIN) but it isn't and never has been the best game ever. It's just that nothing has gained a higher average score from critics wielding the almighty power of arbitrary numbers.

I'm not bashing it I loved that game. I lost hours in it and I still play it now. But in no way is GTA IV better, they are two different games. And Galaxy was good but way too short and way to easy.

OoT is borderline perfect. I was almost sad when I saw the SDA guys speedrun it in like 2 hours, skipping 3 temples, totally tearing it apart, cuz it felt like they were desecrating holy ground or something.

petrucci said:
OoT is borderline perfect. I was almost sad when I saw the SDA guys speedrun it in like 2 hours, skipping 3 temples, totally tearing it apart, cuz it felt like they were desecrating holy ground or something.

How did they skip 3 temples? is that even possible? Well, clearly I guess, but still.

sparky87 said:
OoT was good but the best Zelda game was and still is Link to the Past.

No... Not a Link to the Past... zzzzzz

If I had to define the classic Zelda game... No, the classic adventure game, Ocarina of Time would be there (Majora's Mask to a slightly lesser extent). No Wind Waker. No Twillight Princess (because I haven't even played it :D). No NES Zelda or Link to the Past (even though Past is pretty good)! Ocarina, because it's enrossing and harder-than-average at the same time.

Mario Galaxy? It's styled diferently than the Zelda games. Dunno. GTA IV is simply not groundbreaking like OoT was.

Rakon said:
petrucci said:

How did they skip 3 temples? is that even possible? Well, clearly I guess, but still.

http://speeddemosarchive.com/OcarinaOfT ... l#savewarp

Here is the run and commentary if anyone wants to see it. Be warned though, it's not for people with weak stomachs :O

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod