SSX

alright daniel. i have some time to play SSX finally, prepare to be laideth a beatdown uponeth on YOUR mountain. xD

if i don't beat it i'll have fun trying.

I've done a couple of global events - getting into those. Did a quick race one and got Platinum because only 5 people entered! CASHBACK!

Also, I'm an achievement whore of course, so I'm working on doing the Deadly Descents without the equipment. Whiteout is making me so damn angry. And Cold makes me give up helplessly. All the others are pretty easy!

Quite addicted though. I'm collecting those medals too.

Also, my favourite character is Tane.

Finally get some time to play and ps3 drops network and now cant detect an access point. Sigh.

Oh well gave u a couple scores to work on daniel.

edit: double post courtesy of my phone.

but yea.. i think my ps3 network card is toast or something. the game froze and havent been able to connect since. even wired it says failed cannot obtain IP address.

edit: apparently PSN is down? *shakes head*

last time i had a chance to play PSN was down for scheduled maintenance too, that was like 4 days ago. WTF

Dude rain, I'm not even worried about your score. Someone on my friends list put up 21 million on that trick it run.

I haven't had time to play again (this week is GDC) but i took a second to watch his ghost and he's just absolutely ABUSING every single nook and crevasse on the mountain. I don't really know how he worked it because if your not moving forward your combo counter goes all the way to x0

Anyways, *deletes that guy*

16 mil huh? I'll play a bit more again soon, although I feel like it's slowly getting stripped out of my hands. There is so much shit going on right now. Between reviews and GDC and Mass Effect 3.... might not play again for a while.

danielrbischoff said:
Dude rain, I'm not even worried about your score. Someone on my friends list put up 21 million on that trick it run.

I haven't had time to play again (this week is GDC) but i took a second to watch his ghost and he's just absolutely ABUSING every single nook and crevasse on the mountain. I don't really know how he worked it because if your not moving forward your combo counter goes all the way to x0

Anyways, *deletes that guy*

16 mil huh? I'll play a bit more again soon, although I feel like it's slowly getting stripped out of my hands. There is so much s*** going on right now. Between reviews and GDC and Mass Effect 3.... might not play again for a while.

Ill beat 21 mill. I cant play till at least tomorrow. I told my girlfriend i am doing NOTHING this weekend and she accepted. Ssexy weekend incoming. Been way too busy lately and i do not approve.

Seems we're in similar shoes. Tho yours are a little tighter what with it being MANDATORY you play other games and all :p

Btw thanks i had no idea you could watch ghosts ill check that out tomorrow.

Ssx for me until diablo 3...

Just load up a race where you've been outscored and try to follow them down the mountain, don't even bother doing tricks and stuff, just watch the line they take, where they trick, where they grind etc.

Eh. I dunno. I remember playing this series a long ass time ago (ps2 maybe? ssx tricky?) but I think it just might not be the game for me. I played the demo which did a GREAT job of selling the game. It might just be me being lazy, but I can't play this game without mutton bashing. I was sober and played it for a while, but continued to find myself randomly pulling of great tricks (while button mashing). Now I'm super drunk and find myself doing the same thing and beating all my scores. I even try and be deliberate and it turns into a button mash. Personally, worth a rental but not a buy.

Loving it still.

In races, I cant believe I've not figured this out sooner. But as soon as you get super tricky, press and hold X or B (S or C) as you boost so it doesnt run out. Turning is harder but let go for a second to make a sharp turn if you need to and then you can just go back to tail/nose sliding home!

I'm doing that at the moment in globals and I'm getting pretty decent times!

MattAY said:
Loving it still.

In races, I cant believe I've not figured this out sooner. But as soon as you get super tricky, press and hold X or B (S or C) as you boost so it doesnt run out. Turning is harder but let go for a second to make a sharp turn if you need to and then you can just go back to tail/nose sliding home!

I'm doing that at the moment in globals and I'm getting pretty decent times!

I knew that already you noob. Come back when you have real advice. God.....

Really though im not as much of a racer as i am a trickster. Which i guess is why i knew that cause i know holding circle or square in my case keeps your combo up.

dawson_crying.jpg

Dammit, I thought I was being awesome and clever then.

I do like Trick levels, but I get really fucking angry when I bail, because your combo is over and gets worse if you rewind! - starting all over again for the 40th time brings much fury.

Played the demo, game is awesome. Best snowboarding since Amped 2, imo. Hopefully the price drops soon enough to make my purchase easier.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod