Snack Tiime!

lol, Urbs. For years now, I've tried telling my mom she doesn't need to make or buy desserts, but she does it anyway, and feels rejected when nobody eats it. So of course I end up eating it most of the time, and I've seen myself putting on a few pounds since I turned 20. I've been fairly skinny for so long, it's hard to look at myself with an average body weight, which is why I got serious about exercising 3 days a week.

If I'm gonna be thick in the middle, it's going to look good, at least.

De-Ting said:
lol, Urbs. For years now, I've tried telling my mom she doesn't need to make or buy desserts, but she does it anyway, and feels rejected when nobody eats it. So of course I end up eating it most of the time, and I've seen myself putting on a few pounds since I turned 20. I've been fairly skinny for so long, it's hard to look at myself with an average body weight, which is why I got serious about exercising 3 days a week.

If I'm gonna be thick in the middle, it's going to look good, at least.

One of the best things my mom did food wise was NEVER have dessert. Just wasn't part of my childhood. It was dinner then done. No dessert. Eat enough dinner to be full.

Everything is just programmed into your head at a young age everyone always asks me why I never even consider dessert. Just isn't something that even crosses my mind.

The only bad thing my mom did was allow me to drink WAY too much coca cola.

I always felt deprived because I was never allowed to drink kool-aid, wasn't allowed kraft dinner etc. She'd never buy the cheap sugary/processed crap for me.

De-Ting said:
intoTheRain said:
The only bad thing my mom did was allow me to drink WAY too much coca cola.

I always felt deprived because I was never allowed to drink kool-aid.
lolwut???

exactly. didn't make sense.

likely the reasoning was it was a hell of a lot easier to keep me away from kool-aid/kraft dinner etc.

but how would you keep me away from coke. vending machines at school, sold in cafeteria etc. kind of a lost cause

I really need a name for you, intoThe, because I can't call you Rain...

but TheRain, got any cool pig out stories? You seem like a gym nut, and that's cool, or you're just a healthy eater... it's all good. But what about after smoking? What's your munchies like? Please don't tell me it's 4 yogurts, because that would be a buzz kill. Where's your neckbeard chow? Does it exist?

TheRain
T-Rain
Train
:shock: aww shit

i never eat stuff like chips, cookies, chocolate bars etc. my rule kinda is no eating anything that has zero food value. nothing at all against people who do, its fucking delicious. psychologically i just feel like shit if i eat it though, i think taxi driver got that into my head.

on weekends after i get baked though food weakness is just gonna happen. i like orderin a pizza and putting EVERYTHING on it. my pizzas are normally..

Feta, Pepperoni, Ham, Green peppers,Banana Peppers,Jalapenos,Onions, Mushrooms, etc.

Also love walkin down to Subway.. 12" roasted chicken toasted, 9 grain, everything on it except olives, light mayo sub sauce, nom nom nom.

As for dessert we have a place in my city called kiwi craze. Frozen yogurt place, love going there they have all fresh toppings and shit i load it up with fruit, my favorite snack.

Ohhhh... i found a recipe for sweet potato brownies. The GF made them for me last weekend. She likes to bake, i literally will taste her cakes/cookies to give her my opinion and spit it out. I'm that fucked up.

BUT yea this sweet potato brownie recipe, so good, and they're 100% a health food.

1 Large Sweet potato, honey, coconut flour, coconut oil, cocoa powder and 90% dark chocolate chunks. Theyre not gonna be the best brownie youve ever had but theyre definitely not the worst. I literally ate them for breakfast on Sunday because they're like a superfood. She's gonna make me an 8x8 of them every weekend.

oh and btw, i love to eat, its my favorite thing in the world. if i could be eating chocolate bars with ketchup chips sandwiched between them smothered in gravy right now id be all up in that shit. ultimately though i just tell myself the temporary satisfaction isn't worth feeling like crap for the rest of the day. feeling good and full of energy all day beats 20-30 minutes of satisfaction.

i know it's all in my head, i don't judge other people at all for what they eat, i'm not one of those snobs. eatin clean is just what makes me happy.

totally forgot crackers and cheese. i love crackers and cheese and love eatin crackers and cheese when i'm baked.. love very old cheddar and whole grain wheat thins. nom nom nom. could eat that shit all day.

Dried fruits and nuts. Pistachios especially. Cracking them open is so addicting.

I used to really like candy and always ate huge amounts at time, but suddenly there came a point I started to feel sick after just a couple. Good thing I guess.

Affen said:
Dried fruits and nuts. Pistachios especially. Cracking them open is so addicting.

I used to really like candy and always ate huge amounts at time, but suddenly there came a point I started to feel sick after just a couple. Good thing I guess.

thats me, i just feel terrible after. like you said though, it's a good thing

intoTheRain said:
Affen said:

thats me, i just feel terrible after. like you said though, it's a good thing
Definitely don't like eating candy. Very rarely I'll get Reese's or something, I rather eat actual food.

I'm that way with soda now. If I have half a can of mt dew, I get heartburn and sort of a bad feeling.

UghRochester said:
Definitely don't like eating candy. Very rarely I'll get Reese's or something, I rather eat actual food.
I use to eat tons and tons of junk food and candy for years and years. I also drank a 2liter a day of coke(Still do, only I drink the glass bottled cokes from mexico with pure Cain sugar). I know it was all suppose to make me fat but all it ever did was make me skinny.

Now all i want to eat is beef steak, or hotwings, or pork roast, or pizza. Real food.
And surprisingly im now at a normal weight. Which makes me happy.

Plus I love hotwings. I Sous-Vide them(Under vacuum water cooking) for 2 days and then I quick deep fry them for 2mins in 400F peanut oil. Makes the skin super crispy while the meat is perfectly tender, cooked, and juicy. The bones just fall right out of them.

intoTheRain said:
i never eat stuff like chips, cookies, chocolate bars etc.
I hear you. For me, part of the fun of is putting it on and working it off. I won't deny myself something, I'll just work it off tomorrow, next week, w/e

I guess so long as you're snacking on the weekends, it's cool. I GUESS

Sourdeez said:
I know it was all suppose to make me fat but all it ever did was make me skinny.

GOd bless fast metabolisms.

I was the same way, ate terribly and played video games from grade 7-10, i was a stick.

THen i got into the gym and had to force feed myself like 5-6000 calories a day of quality food to grow. Thank God my parents weren't broke.

Now I'd give anything to have that metabolism back. My only blessing is i can lose weight just as easy as i can gain it. If I ate like I did in grade 7-10 I'd be a blimp.

I do occasionally go to Arby's on the weekend Chris. A couple regular roast beefs with a side of cheese. No fries or anything. Absolutely scrumptious.

Sous vide for 2 days? That's awesome. What temp, and what's your sous vide setup?

I do my hotwings at 140f (60c because my thermostatic controller is in Celsius.)

I use a food saver to vacuum seal the wings.
I just bought a thermostatic controller on ebay for like $15 and wired it to a spare wall outlet I had. Put it all in a modbox and gave it power with a salvaged extension cord. Then I just put the thermal probe in a crockpot and plug it in.

Still varies up and down .6c but its a much cheaper setup and works great
2013_03_11_21_50_28_116.jpg

Out of the sous-vide. Technically done temperature but skin is mushy.
2013_03_11_19_22_32_513.jpg

I prefer my wings traditional with no breading. Here they are right out out of the fryer of 400F for 1 1/2 min.
2013_03_11_19_30_47_636.jpg

And here they are sauced in Buffalo Wild wings, Wild, Thai Curry, and Caribbean Jerk sauces
2013_03_11_19_34_05_69.jpg

Bones fall right out of the wings they are so tender. Perfect moist meat with perfect crispy skin.
Other than the prep to start them days earlier they can be really fast food. The Thai curry is ridiculously delicious. You could sell me a bucket of it for any amount you wanted to charge.

Ha, I think it's pretty badass that you use a sous vide method to make chicken wings.
I have an expensive mixer just for making banana pudding, so I'm down with that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod