Self-Promotion - The Official Thread

https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester My Twitch channel and here's a schedule I'm going to try and be consistent on.
twitchschedule.png

Pretty awesome schedule, list.

Howard, in all honesty, if you ever need design work done (for free), hit me up and I can help you out.

If you're happy with what you've got, more power to you, my friend.

obslayout.png

Well, that's my layout for retro games. If I play something that 16:9, I'll just play it full screen. I try my best to make everything on my own, but every now and then if I can't draw something, I'll ask someone for it (Master_Craig). I stream at 576p 60FPS, because most games (even SNES games) I play are 60FPS. My upload speed is too small for 72op.

I've been drawing a lot lately, especially over this long weekend. I haven't drawn in ages and it's becoming a problem. If I want to draw again, then I have to do it.

Rather than try and be "original", I decided I'll just draw stuff that I like... that way, I can produce hopefully good drawings, while practicing and getting better. If you have me on Facebook or/and Instagram, you'll have probably seen these already. For the sake of the forum, I'll post low-res versions (screen shots from my own Instagram).

SOhMPJm.jpg

The Ghost of Sparta, Kratos, based off the latest God of War. This was more an experiment with lighting and texture. Here's a bigger, high resolution version.

ukVPqhU.jpg

An unmasked Spider-Man. This incarnation of Peter Parker is inspired by Tom Holland, but UghRochester reckons it looks more like Andrew Garfield. Here's a better, high resolution version.

Gm0YAcA.jpg

Thor, inspired by Thor: Ragnarok. The low res version does it no justice, so here's a better version.

And last but not least, Kylo Ren versus Finn from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. A high resolution version is right here.

TQuSMCU.jpg

Last edited:
lando_calrissian_by_craigrbrown-dcb3gfs.jpg

I tried drawing Lando Calrissian last night from the upcoming Solo: A Star Wars Story. I'm not entirely sure how to feel about the movie, personally I don't think it's necessary, and the guy they got playing Han Solo has impossibly big shoes to fill. That being said, Donald Glover / Childish Gambino is an absolutely perfect choice to play a younger Lando Calrissian.

I'm not happy with this drawing. Unfortunately, I failed to capture Donald's likeness in cartoon form and Lando's winning smile, which is essentially his trademark feature, sucks.

Still, it's a completed drawing and it's practice, and practice means learning and progress.

Finished another drawing, this time of Spider-Man in his homemade outfit as seen in Spider-Man: Homecoming.

The finished picture:

GRuzwJH.jpg

Here's the original sketch, which I drew freehand with lead pencil on paper, then going over it with a pen (so the scanner would pick it up). I didn't use a reference image for the pose or proportions, but I did use a reference for Spidey's outfit:

xHhx3sz.jpg

The sketch is imported into Clip Studio Paint EX (previously known as Manga Studio), where I'll do both the line art and flat colours. Here's the line art:

QSYnNfJ.jpg

And then flat colours:

X6P8H7U.jpg

After that, I do some basic shadow rendering:

8cUK6bI.jpg

Once that's done, I'll do some detailed shadows:

vvxxUHA.jpg

To finish the piece off, I'll add in some lighting and some incredibly transparent textures:

V1IxZnn.jpg

I really need to stop spamming this thread but... here's a new drawing.

meet_pete___deadpool_2_by_craigrbrown-dcbec0i.jpg

"Meet Pete", inspired by the final trailer of Deadpool 2, which coincidentally, comes out this week.

I'm very happy with how this one turned out, and I absolutely love the reflection of Deadpool on Peter's goggles. I think I'm getting better at this new colouring technique, too.

Continuing to spam the self promotion thread with drawings, here's a fan art piece of Batman: Arkham Origins, inspired by the art style of DC Comics artist, Jim Lee.

3Z5YHGX.jpg

Had a lot of fun drawing this. It was awesome seeing it all come together.

Continuing to use and abuse the self promotion thread, here's some more fan art.

oZzh7wx.jpg

Cyberpunk 2077, the protagonist "V" (male version). I used a photo reference for this one by my favourite cosplayer, Maul Cosplay and I used said photo with his permission.

xjDAEJp.jpg

Deadpool 2.

Since this is the closest applicable thread, here's a Siege cosplay I did (I'm the Mute in the middle)

videotogif_2018.05.26_19.53.24.gif

Where I live, there's a local video game, anime and pop culture convention called "GeeCon". It came last year and was met with decent success, but they obviously achieved enough to warrant a GeeCon event this year.

I'll be there, sharing a table in the artist's alley with a good friend of mine, who also does art and photography. I'll be there attempting to sell prints, maybe some commission sketches but most importantly, I will be attempting to sell three specific books, each book is actually a volume of GR Strips, from 2014, 2015 and 2016. Each book is at least 48 pages in total, containing every GR Strips comic from that corresponding year.

The books are almost ready for printing, I'm currently in the final process of designing front covers. With the covers, I am taking inspiration from classic movie posters, while using video game characters that appeared in GR Strips in that book/year. Here is the first cover for 2014,

yoWwWvm.jpg

I'm planning to print 20 books of each (so 60 books in total) to try and sell at GeeCon. Honestly, I have a feeling I probably won't sell them all, if many at all, but it's a risk I need to take and it's something I need to try.

As most (or all) of you may know, GR Strips is unfortunately no longer available on GameRevolution, as the comics failed to successfully migrate across to the new systems. Anthony Severino, the Director of GameRevolution, has given me permission to produce, publish and sell these books.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod