What Are You Playing? - The Official Thread

Jonathan_Leack

Former Executive Editor
AOc0uAR.jpg

Welcome to the new official What Are You Playing thread!

In this thread we talk about what we're playing each week. You can learn more about what myself and other GameRevolution staff are playing every Thursday with our official What Are You Playing? weekly feature.

Link: www.gamerevolution.com/tag/wayp

See you in the video game universe.

I moved it to Archive and left a seven day redirect here in General (cool new forum feature!)

Three friends and I bought "7 Days to Die" today with plans to play it a bunch this weekend. I'm going in mostly blind. Should be fun!

I moved it to Archive and left a seven day redirect here in General (cool new forum feature!)

Three friends and I bought "7 Days to Die" today with plans to play it a bunch this weekend. I'm going in mostly blind. Should be fun!

I'd like to play 7 Days to Die with friends. I've tried single player and it's essentially a more "realistic" version of Minecraft. Multiplayer would be really fun, I reckon.

Even though I've finished Horizon Zero Dawn, I'm playing it some more to go back to corrupted zones and finish side quests. Now that I properly understand the game's combat mechanics, I'm kicking so much arse. Even the biggest of machines are pretty easy to kill.

I might get back into Prey this weekend, but I also have a huge urge to play Overwatch again. Sadly, when I reinstalled Overwatch on the PS4, there was a bloody 21 GB update waiting for me.

I recently got a HTC Vive, which cam ewith Star Trek Bridge Crew and I am loving the crap out of it. I have to force myself to go to bed all night otherwise I'd easily stay up all night playing. Haven't enjoyed a game this much in a long time.

Haha Howie saw your run - that's awesome dude! Nice work! Still a few red numbers to improve on too.

I could never have the damn patience you have with that.

I bought Prey, should hopefully arrive today so I'll be playing that over the weekend. In the mood for a good sci-fi game!

Haha Howie saw your run - that's awesome dude! Nice work! Still a few red numbers to improve on too.

I could never have the damn patience you have with that.
Oh yeah, I did a blind run of the any% game. Fort Nexus took me over 7 hours to complete my first time. There are still 5 courses I would need to finish to make it 100%. My first any% run was 4:59:xx I'm glad I lowered it a lot. It's very easy to die in that romhack. Lots of tight jumps with hidden blocks.

I'm stuck in LoL hell... someone help me..

Also playing a bit of Torment: Tides of Numenera, knowing my previous history... I probably won't finish it though.

Going through Prey at the moment - it's awesome, I love it. Kind of like a mix of Dead Space and Bioshock. And so many side-quests make it really fun for me.

Fucking hard mind you, even on Easy I'm struggling with some areas. Got to realise that sneaking is also a fundamental part of the game.
Just fucked me over when the purple phantoms were in the lobby for the first time...they tore me new holes they did.

I bought Torment: Tides of Numenera, but I'm having trouble getting into it. I'm really tempted to take it back to EB and get my money back. It's not "bad" by any means, I'm just not motivated to play it.

Tempted to go back to Prey.

My friend got me PUBG, so I've been playing that like crazy.

Man, I get it. I get why everyone is obsessing over it. It's fun and addicting as fuck.

I wish I could play PlayerUnknown: Battlegrounds, but my computer can't even run it on minimum settings.

Seriously need to buy a new machine.

I don't usually watch streams or Let's Plays, but even I've been watching the hell out of some PUBG. I'm very happy it's coming to xbox this year.

Tekken 7 and FFXIV. Also bought Darkest Dungeon from GoG sale. Helluva great game. My friend pestered me to play it since forever. And he was right, it's awesome. Great writing and voice acting on narrator. "Back to the pit!"

He dyes everything in blood covered prose.

I don't usually watch streams or Let's Plays, but even I've been watching the hell out of some PUBG. I'm very happy it's coming to xbox this year.

I've never really been into that sort of thing either, but I enjoy watching people play PUBG almost as much as just playing it myself. It was actually watching a few people on Youtube playing it that convinced me to pick up the game.

My friends and I have been playing Killing Floor 2 for PS4, which was free for June's Playstation Plus games.

It's fun to play with friends (last night, we had maybe two games or so with six people in total) but it can get repetitive pretty quickly. It's not something you can binge for hours on, but it's a good time killer, as matches go for a minimum of twenty minutes. I'm playing as a medic class, since there's barely ever any healers. For the most part, you don't necessarily need a medic, unless shit really hits the fan.

Still going through Prey - think I'm nearing the end,
a new human enemy has emerged which is pretty cool and wasn't expected.

Really like this game, exploration is fun. All the side quests have a little story that keeps it all from becoming stale. Personal favourite being a cook that turns a bit crazy and wreaks havoc on the innocents (bearing in mind aliens are doing the same thing!)
Seems to keep me on my toes as there are various enemies each with very different methods of killing each one. So when a couple of varying aliens come at you it is a bit of a challenge!
Plus "Nightmares" turn up now and again and hunt me down - they're fucking stressful times!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod