RIP >enter name here<

Longo_2_guns said:
Or this one.

shanerb7.jpg

I should have won an art prize for this. Apparently this is why I was demodded!

For those confused, I was illustrating shane's heartfelt statement that his 'toe was on the trigger'. I wanted to create a claustrophobic, edgy and uncertain feeling with this piece. I felt the statement demanded such a portrait.

madster111 said:
I'm still tossing up whether to go straight into the army, or go back to school and do years 11/12 to get into the ADFA and try for the pilot program.

Well army or no, if you don't graduate from high school good luck getting a job when you get out of the service. I don't know how it is in Australia, but in the US the army will pay for your university, but you still need to graduate from high school first

malakian said:
Longo_2_guns said:
Or this one.

shanerb7.jpg

For those confused, I was illustrating shane's heartfelt statement that his 'toe was on the trigger'. I wanted to create a claustrophobic, edgy and uncertain feeling with this piece. I felt the statement demanded such a portrait.

It is amazing how context changes... now it just looks like he is blowing on a Vuvuzela!

madster111 said:
Chris_Crime said:
It's an exercise in folly at even attempting to one-up Shane. He said 450lbs, and was ~12 years old at the time.
...wat?
It's actually physically impossible for a 12 year old to do that. Their frame is simply too fragile and not able to support enough mass within their own body.

I genuinely think i will be able to press 450lbs in a couple months, but in said couple months i will be a 17 year old who weighs in at 120kg and 6'3".

Madster, you only wish you had the Troll-fu of a man like Shane.

StalfrosCC said:
malakian said:
Longo_2_guns said:
Or this one.

shanerb7.jpg

It is amazing how context changes... now it just looks like he is blowing on a Vuvuzela!

My thoughts exactly. I didn't even notice the foot on the gun. Then I thought it was a representation of Kurt Cobain.

(Size reduced to help get rid of the great-wall sized wall of text that was here.)
schimmel said:
Well army or no, if you don't graduate from high school good luck getting a job when you get out of the service. I don't know how it is in Australia, but in the US the army will pay for your university, but you still need to graduate from high school first
In Australia it's very easy to pull in over $1000/wk. Just become a tradie.
Providing you can build or do some other sort of physical work well, you could have dropped out of high school in year 8 and still make enough money to have a respectable upper-middle class life.

Not that it matters much for me anyway, considering i've been co-running one of my parents shops for a while now and could very easily manage my own buisness as i am, and if i don't get into the ADFA would likely go on to actually run and probably end up owning a new shop to expand my families buisness in a new area.

I would still very much like to try for the pilot program though, and you do need a HSC to get into the ADFA, which is why i'm tossing up going back to school. I honestly think it will depend on whether or not one of my mates is going to go back with me, because he wants to get into the ADFA too.
The other thing i was thinking of doing was to try and get into ASIS which would also require a HSC, and likely police experience beforehand which also requires a HSC.

lokness said:
I think they would pick up on your psycho behaviour before letting you in is what im sayin.
No they wouldn't.
Very few people who know me in real life can pick up on the fact that i'm a bisexual who seriously contemplates murder for fun or profit, and of those few only 1 has been able to pick up on that without me outright telling them.
And that person has known me for 8 years.

I was diagnosed with depression a few years back, and because my school back then was made up of faggots who wouldn't let me back until such a time that i was 'cured', i learned to mask my inner feeling and thoughts well enough to fool someone who specializes in psychoanalysis for long enough to be allowed back into my school. At the time in my life where i was watching the crime channel almost daily and studying biology hard, no one thought anything was wrong.

The Army wouldn't spend enough time judging whether i'm fit for duty mentally or not to find out if something is seriously wrong with me, which they likely know anyway considering most people who go in are willing to kill for money or glory.

I highly doubt it, the psych evaluation isn't a grilling session but more of a 'get to know you type'. They'll ask you why you want to join and look on your past records whether it be school report or medical. since you've been diagnosed with depression, they'll ask you why you were depressed, etc and how you were cured. And if you answered 'yes' in wanting to go to war, they will most likely decline you.

Why aren't you in school? I thought you were like 16 or something. Good luck on ADFA aspirations. I wanted to do ADFA as well but its hard to get into. Not only do you have to score well in high school, you have to have previous leadership skills too. If you're school captain, captain of your football team, etc it will make your application look a hell of lot better and increase your chances 100000x fold. Remember ADFA is for officers, and officers are essentially leaders, so join a sports team or something.

i'll die first. alchohol poisoning and a stroke from rage here i come. plus i am in my thirties. see ya all in the afterlife. maybe then me and stal can make our secret crush a reality.

lokness said:
I highly doubt it, the psych evaluation isn't a grilling session but more of a 'get to know you type'. They'll ask you why you want to join and look on your past records whether it be school report or medical. since you've been diagnosed with depression, they'll ask you why you were depressed, etc and how you were cured. And if you answered 'yes' in wanting to go to war, they will most likely decline you.
Hence why i included that thing about no one knowing about me unless i tell them. My past records include depression which they gave me meds for and which i haven't had since (<.<) and attending 'voluntary' anger management sessions for a couple months. I honestly don't think it will be too much of a problem because i can come across as a self assertive bubblyish bro if i want to instead of my usual slightly shy thoughtful persona. And i do answer yes to going to war mainly for humanitarian reasons, and am adverse to it if it only helps a single certain group of people instead of the human race as a whole.

Like i said, the only person to pick up on both my bisexuality and homicidal tendencies has known me for half my life, and i've been having both of them for about 4 years now and acted on both in the past.

lokness said:
Why aren't you in school? I thought you were like 16 or something. Good luck on ADFA aspirations. I wanted to do ADFA as well but its hard to get into. Not only do you have to score well in high school, you have to have previous leadership skills too. If you're school captain, captain of your football team, etc it will make your application look a hell of lot better and increase your chances 100000x fold. Remember ADFA is for officers, and officers are essentially leaders, so join a sports team or something.
I completed Year 10 and was getting sick of the bullshit we were learning that wouldn't help me at all (Forced English and Religion studies, the Physics class was a joke and they wouldn't let me do both ancient and modern history like i wanted, no schools around where i live have an auto shop) and at the same time my parents had opened a new shop and we were relying on someone to manage it who was stealing from us to run it so they (my parents) could manage the old shop.
Long story short, my official employed position is manager of our old shop so that they can run the new one hassle free. I've been doing this for about 2 months now, learning on my own with some Physics text books and spending a large sum on money on other books, including an operational and mechanical manual of the F/A-18F and various other books and or guides that mean i can now say with almost certainty that i could easily get away with murder.

So because Madster is running an auto shop while trying to teach himself high school stuff I say he'll die first by walking around reading a textbook and falling into a car's engine. It could happen, right? Right???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod