Quit your jobs and lets go travel!

Thanks Optimus, that made me smile. nd I agree that on these boards that you are either loved or hated. But it's easy to be cruel to people online

UghRochester said:
Yeah, which is why I said it's cool. Dobby is living life to the fullest, but I was picturing Jenny from Forrest Gump. I just can't imagine doing that and not having to worry where to live and how to earn money. I know she mentioned it's not scary even though it seems scary, but I really can't see how someone can just travel without worries.
Don't get me wrong, it is scary sometimes! Especially knowing I'm going to be going to a lot more Eastern European countries this time and trying to speak the language but you can't let fear get in your way. When you're in an uncomfortable environment it changes you for the better. Nothing is ever bad as you think it will be. I guess because in school I was so shy and felt like I didnt belong there, so now I want to prove to myself that I can do anything I put my mind to!

Anyways, on another travel note, I climbed the 3 highest peaks of the Uk last weekend. Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon! What a cool accomplishment! Maybe ill share a few photos.

MattAY said:
....I'm all for this experiment.

Your move, Dobster.

I won't be naked though hahaha

2przh4l.jpg

Ben Nevis

2llhy8o.jpg

3004hs3.jpg

Halfway up Ben Nevis

mbl63c.jpg

The Three Sisters

98as6q.jpg

Halfway up Scafell Pike

2a6mrzr.jpg

Snowdon

m93mdk.jpg

Halfway down snowdon

k06l2p.jpg

Well, personally I think it is nice that you are able to do what you want, when you want, Dobby.

Traveling is not my thing, so it does nothing for me personally.

I think it's great you were able to save up to be able to travel all over and do the things you want to. I started working when I was 16 too. Except, instead of saving, I spent my youth spending my money on clothes, CD's, and alcohol. If the me of today, sitting here, could talk to the me back then, I'd tell myself to stop pissing my money away on frivolous shit and save for the future.

You saved up 8 grand already. Save up a little more and you got enough money for a down payment on a nice little starter home. The prices of homes are slowly creeping back up along with interest rates. They may never get back to the levels they were at in 2007 but I think in a few years, maybe five or so, you won't be able to find a house anywhere near as cheap as you can get one now and at such a low interest rate.

So while your advice to us was to get out and see the world, my advice to you would be to invest in your future. Just a little something to think about.

Nice google Image work there Dobby.

I jest! Looks cool, I await more pictures of adventure!

WickedLiquid said:
Cool!
So when you get to the top of these what do they have up there for fun? Laser Tag?

No I wish. The first two there is nothing. But snowdon has a cafe, which was nice coz that day it was torrential rain and 60mph winds :shock:

C_nate said:
Well, personally I think it is nice that you are able to do what you want, when you want, Dobby.

Traveling is not my thing, so it does nothing for me personally.

I think it's great you were able to save up to be able to travel all over and do the things you want to. I started working when I was 16 too. Except, instead of saving, I spent my youth spending my money on clothes, CD's, and alcohol. If the me of today, sitting here, could talk to the me back then, I'd tell myself to stop pissing my money away on frivolous shit and save for the future.

You saved up 8 grand already. Save up a little more and you got enough money for a down payment on a nice little starter home. The prices of homes are slowly creeping back up along with interest rates. They may never get back to the levels they were at in 2007 but I think in a few years, maybe five or so, you won't be able to find a house anywhere near as cheap as you can get one now and at such a low interest rate.

So while your advice to us was to get out and see the world, my advice to you would be to invest in your future. Just a little something to think about.

That's true. You should think about your future and often I wonder what I will do, but I have faith everything will work out. There could be a huge storm and take down your house and possessions with it. I don't like a lot of material things and would rather have knowledge and experience. I don't expect everyone to want to travel but it is my passion in life and I respect that you are investing in your future. But I also feel I'm investing in my future by learning about the world :) I also don't want to have any regrets in life and I always think if today is my last day on earth am I happy with everything I did? yes

Nice photos, Dobby. Looks like you visited a beautiful place recently.

I recently did some travelling... except it was for work and not for long. My boss, my workmate and I travelled to a place called Milimgimbi, a small island off the coast of the Northern Territory, probably about four or five hundred kilometer's from where I live (Darwin). We were there doing some film and photography work.

Milimgimbi is a nice place, pretty small, population is less than a thousand and the population is pretty much scattered amongst "camps". I'll post some photos later on. Got some bloody weird arse stories from that place too... funny, but weird.

I was in New York City a few weeks ago to find an apartment for this fall. This next Christmas I'll be in Hawaii. That's as much travelling as I get, these days.

NickKmet said:
I was in New York City a few weeks ago to find an apartment for this fall. This next Christmas I'll be in Hawaii. That's as much travelling as I get, these days.

Some reason the "these days" part really irritates me.
Damn wealthy white folks.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
NickKmet said:

Some reason the "these days" part really irritates me.
Damn wealthy white folks.

wealthy? hahahahaha. good joke.

My family used to go on more trips around the country. We went camping at yellowstone for a few weeks when I was really young, and one time we did a trip to the east coast where we visited civil war battlefields. But really, we don't travel much anymore since my dad got really involved in local politics and my brother and I went off to college. But I've never been on a lavishly expensive vacation, and I've only been out of the country (besides Canada) once, and that was on a school trip.

Sure, my parents aren't poor and don't have blue collar jobs, but wealthy? Yeah, right.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod