Quit your jobs and lets go travel!

Dobby2244

Veteran
My notice is in at work and I've got 1 month to prep now to backpack Europe, work on farms in Italy and Netherlands, maybe hospitality work, then hopefully head to Australia. Life is too short to be content in a stupid job you complain about all the time. Come travel with me!! 8)

I'm actually thinking about taking a week to go overseas somewhere around Labor Day (only take a week vacation but get an extra day out of it!). No way am I quitting my job though.

I WANT TO GO TO DISNEYLAND AGAIN.

<Cough>

Pretty cool you're doing that. I honestly think I could never just quit my job, pack my things and leave. I would love to visit America again (DISNEYLAND), as well as France, England and Japan.

Australia is nice. It's where I live! If you ever go to Australia, the coolest place to go is Queensland I reckon, especially the east coast (Goldcoast, Sunshine Coast, Brisbane etc). Melbourne in Victoria is pretty cool too, if you're into a more city scene. That's way south.

I live up north, where people are surprised we have the Internet.

I don't think I could have just quit my job before but now I'm confident all I need is minimal clothes and shoes, toiletries, phone to Skype with my family, camera, sleeping bag, and a bit of money. The hard part is actually quitting your job and notice to your landlord, from all the 'what if's'. But worrying gets you no where I guess.
Australia- I can't wait to go. I have family and friends all over so ill be trekking across it all. Perth, darwin, adalaide, Sydney, Melbourne is where most of my friends are. Even Tasmania. Then new zealand and asia... Where abouts are u master Craig?

Sydney and Melbourne are like a lite edition of LA.
Everyone's an asshole, there's traffic everywhere and navigating around them is a massive pain.

You'll be wanting to spend most of your time up in QLD, trust me on that. Brisbane, while still a city, is much better than Syd/Melb, and once you get out of brisbane and starting heading north things just keep getting better.

Master_Craig said:
I WANT TO GO TO DISNEYLAND AGAIN.
You should come with me, man. When i go back over i'm totally hitting up disneyland again and then checking out a couple six flags.

Then i'll probably regret it, again, when i'm back in Aus and our theme parks are pathetic in comparison :(

Haha have fun!

I like money, and I need money to buy a house right now. But someone come to Japan with me one day! And China to walk the Great Wall, and do some Kung Fu on the edge.

I admire you for your traveling, Dobby. You've already traveled so much and at a young age, you should definitely try to become a travel agent or something that uses your traveling talents to good use. I'm jealous! but not jealous enough to quit muh job. I gotta eat!

i think its awesome if thats your thing and makes you happy, thats what you should do. could never personally live like that myself though.

my idea of travelling is saving up money and living like a king while i'm on vacation.

Optimus-Crime said:
I admire you for your traveling, Dobby. You've already traveled so much and at a young age, you should definitely try to become a travel agent or something that uses your traveling talents to good use. I'm jealous! but not jealous enough to quit muh job. I gotta eat!
^This, besides the eating part.

Maybe when I'm debt free..

I spent one summer inter-railing trough Europe and it was great fun full of memorable experiences. But I can't see myself living that lifestyle forever. Trip now and then keeps things fresh and you'll look forward to it more and it feels more special.

I want to do a similar trip in North America someday, but now it's saving time.

UghRochester said:
Optimus-Crime said:

wtf, you don't have to eat????! ROBOT SENTIENT LIFE FORM! THE PROPHECY HAS BEEN FULFILLED! IT HAS BEGUN! MORTALLL KOMBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!

MattAY said:
Haha have fun!

I like money, and I need money to buy a house right now. But someone come to Japan with me one day! And China to walk the Great Wall, and do some Kung Fu on the edge.

I am up for that! Might be a while before I get there though, not within the next year.
But there are so many places in china I would love to see and Japan. Nepal would be great to go to as well if possible. and I guess if I go to nepal you have to pop into India, although for some reason its not on my top list of places to see. And then transiberian railway through Mongolia and Russia to Ukraine I think

madster thank you for the tips. Will definitely keep all of that in mind!! :D

Thanks Optimus crime, that is a career I would love to get into. Anything with travelling. I applied for a company for tour manager or an on site team member for Europe next summer and I have an interview next week. Fingers crossed!

Optimus-Crime said:
UghRochester said:
Optimus-Crime said:

wtf, you don't have to eat????! ROBOT SENTIENT LIFE FORM! THE PROPHECY HAS BEEN FULFILLED! IT HAS BEGUN! MORTALLL KOMBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!
I read it wrong, I thought you had to eat NOW. I used to eat loads, but now I'm not really eating much. What has happened to me?

Two questions: Have you picked up a British accent?

Can we have completely non committal casual, often drunken sex on these adventures?

UghRochester said:
but now I'm not really eating much. What has happened to me?

Cocaine addiction?

Im tired of moving all across the US and visitng Canada. I want to just finish college and stay in one place now.

Dobby2244 said:
MattAY said:
Haha have fun!

I am up for that! Might be a while before I get there though, not within the next year.
But there are so many places in china I would love to see and Japan. Nepal would be great to go to as well if possible. and I guess if I go to nepal you have to pop into India, although for some reason its not on my top list of places to see. And then transiberian railway through Mongolia and Russia to Ukraine I think
Go to China now. Seriously, even if you only spend a few days there total, it's insanely cheap (you can hire an English speaking guide for almost no money) and it's one of the few things in the world you need to see while it is still distinct. Every year it's more and more western.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod