Quit your jobs and lets go travel!

It's the advice I give to anyone who's looking to travel, no matter where they're from or where they've been. Right now, there is no better destination than China.

Dobby2244 said:
Australia- I can't wait to go. I have family and friends all over so ill be trekking across it all. Perth, darwin, adalaide, Sydney, Melbourne is where most of my friends are. Even Tasmania. Then new zealand and asia... Where abouts are u master Craig?

Wow, really? I'm actually up in Darwin, the Northern Territory. The fact you've got friends there is actually very surprising. I may actually know one or two of 'em, to be honest (I won't be asking though, that's kinda weird on my behalf :p). Darwin is a small town, population of what... just over two hundred thousand? That's small when compared to the other cities, which reach in the million(s).

I have family in Adelaide and Brisbane, also got friends in Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane and Melbourne. I want to visit Adelaide again, some of my closest friends are there and it's been YEARS since I last went... but Brisbane is my favourite city in Australia. :)

madster111 said:
You should come with me, man. When i go back over i'm totally hitting up disneyland again and then checking out a couple six flags.

Then i'll probably regret it, again, when i'm back in Aus and our theme parks are pathetic in comparison :(

I KNOW RIGHT? I remember when visiting America, my friends and I went to Disneyland and we went to Six Flags... both absolutely so much fun, although Disneyland was a lot better for us. Still, they both kick arse and man you are so right - they make our theme parks here in Australia seem absolutely pathetic.

I have no idea when I'll be visiting Disneyland again, I was hoping to go at the end of this year but I promised my best mate that I wouldn't go until she can go again (e.g. when she's financially ready).

Dobby2244 said:
My notice is in at work and I've got 1 month to prep now to backpack Europe, work on farms in Italy and Netherlands, maybe hospitality work, then hopefully head to Australia. Life is too short to be content in a stupid job you complain about all the time. Come travel with me!! 8)

Gets fired.
Decency to have one month notice before layoff.
Can easily get jobs on farms or working hospitality as a fall back.
Where shall I go, Italy, Netherlands, maybe Australia?
Tries to convince other to take up her cause.
How will this trip be funded?
image.png

UrbanMasque said:
Dobby2244 said:
My notice is in at work and I've got 1 month to prep now to backpack Europe, work on farms in Italy and Netherlands, maybe hospitality work, then hopefully head to Australia. Life is too short to be content in a stupid job you complain about all the time. Come travel with me!! 8)

Gets fired.
image.png

this, and for some reason I see a potential for rape related mishaps

Master_Craig said:
Dobby2244 said:
Australia- I can't wait to go. I have family and friends all over so ill be trekking across it all. Perth, darwin, adalaide, Sydney, Melbourne is where most of my friends are. Even Tasmania. Then new zealand and asia... Where abouts are u master Craig?

Wow, really? I'm actually up in Darwin, the Northern Territory. The fact you've got friends there is actually very surprising. I may actually know one or two of 'em, to be honest (I won't be asking though, that's kinda weird on my behalf :p). Darwin is a small town, population of what... just over two hundred thousand? That's small when compared to the other cities, which reach in the million(s).

I have family in Adelaide and Brisbane, also got friends in Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane and Melbourne. I want to visit Adelaide again, some of my closest friends are there and it's been YEARS since I last went... but Brisbane is my favourite city in Australia. :)

Oooo how cool. Well one of my closest friends she is now in Humpty Doo haha she's just bought a house and has a horse named Bob. I've been warned about the weather, how hot it gets. How the lorrys will leave dents in the road where its melting. She also sent me a picture of a monster spider the size of a dinner plate. Hiding behind the door in the bathroom! She had to take it down with a lighter and hairspray ugh...... Yeah I've got a lot of friends from Adelaide too surprisingly. I have some family from Adelaide too but they've just moved north of Brisbane :) so many nice places to see!!

Humpty Doo? Wow, holy crap. I'm surprised you know what/where Humpty Doo is.

I live in the suburbs of Darwin, so that's like a fourty minute drive from Humpty Doo. I have friends who live out there. Going out to see them or vice versa can be a bit of a mission sometimes... a lighter and hairspray is pretty excessive to kill a spider. To be fair, I'd probably use a hammer. "In 'straya, mate!"

Darwin's okay. You're right though, the weather is shocking. Actually right now it's really nice. The morning and evening is cold then during the day its pretty cool... the dry season (around April to August) is the best time to visit Darwin. The wet season sucks. It's either hot and humid as hell, or its raining all the time. Even when it rains it can still be bloody hot.

I haven't been to Adelaide since I was eight years old. Since some of my closest friends are there, I'm really yearning to go back for a visit. You have family north of Brisbane? Bloody hell, you have connections everywhere. :p

Sounds like if you ever do end up going to Australia, you'll have a lot of places to go and stay. The benefits of relatives... free accomodation! For the most part...

^^Nahhhhh if you saw that massive spider you wouldn't want to chance missing it with the hammer and it making a move. I would rather burn it from a distance hahaha

I only have family now in a town called Caloundra but I have lots of travel friends throughout Australia and NZ. And I let them stay with me while they were in London and they said the same goes for me when I get there so that's nice :) well if you haven't been to Adelaide or Melbourne by the time I get there, u can tag along on my backpacking journey :p

cyberjim2000 said:
I want to see the Chungking Mansion in HK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owf7mHiTS4Q

Wow..... I've never heard of that. It looks interesting but not a place I would want to go alone :S

Dobby2244 said:
^^Nahhhhh if you saw that massive spider you wouldn't want to chance missing it with the hammer and it making a move. I would rather burn it from a distance hahaha

I only have family now in a town called Caloundra but I have lots of travel friends throughout Australia and NZ. And I let them stay with me while they were in London and they said the same goes for me when I get there so that's nice :) well if you haven't been to Adelaide or Melbourne by the time I get there, u can tag along on my backpacking journey :p

Bullcrap, Caloundra? As in Caloundra in Queensland? Really? Are you serious?

I have heaps of relatives who live in Caloundra. Hell my family and I visit Caloundra once a year, every year around Christmas time to see said family! I'm kinda freaking out now. :p

Also if I am free with no crap going on, by the time you make it to Australia if you do, then yeah I am totally up for a trip to Melbourne or/and Adelaide.

<Craig has potentially joined the party!>

Master_Craig said:
Bullcrap, Caloundra? As in Caloundra in Queensland? Really? Are you serious?

I have heaps of relatives who live in Caloundra. Hell my family and I visit Caloundra once a year, every year around Christmas time to see said family! I'm kinda freaking out now. :p

Also if I am free with no crap going on, by the time you make it to Australia if you do, then yeah I am totally up for a trip to Melbourne or/and Adelaide.

<Craig has potentially joined the party!>

Wahoooo potential travel buddy! :p
Maybe our families know each other.... ooooooooo small world huh :) That is weird though

madster111 said:
We could hit up the Mana Bar in Brisbane. I've been thinking of checking it out for a while now.

That sounds like a plan!!!!

Has anyone been to a Call of Duty event, I think there is one in Melbourne. You walk around a dark building with a laser gun and shoot zombies.... My friend said she went before and I would love to go one day!!

madster111 said:
We could hit up the Mana Bar in Brisbane. I've been thinking of checking it out for a while now.

I've always wanted to go to the Mana Bar, but everytime I'm in Brisbane I always miss out on it. :( Next time!

Dobby2244 said:
Wahoooo potential travel buddy! :p
Maybe our families know each other.... ooooooooo small world huh :) That is weird though

It's a very weird coincidence, to be honest, and you're right, it is a possibility that our families could know each other. I'll send you a private message about it later if that's cool :p. I'm really curious about this! VERY small world!

Dobby2244 said:
Has anyone been to a Call of Duty event, I think there is one in Melbourne. You walk around a dark building with a laser gun and shoot zombies.... My friend said she went before and I would love to go one day!!

I've... never actually heard of that? But it sounds awesome!

I'll be heading to Melbourne in July, because PAX (Penny Arcade Expo) will be here! They chose Melbourne, Australia for their first PAX outside of America. I am super excited.

If I get a photo with Gabe and Tycho, I will be posting it up on GR. :D

UrbanMasque said:
Dobby2244 said:

Gets fired.
image.png

Man you're racist.

Also, that's Europeans, get it the fuck straight.

I think Urban is referring to the phenomenon of the young, white college age woman / man who comes from a well to do family that allows them to view life as a giant adventure just waiting to happen. All they need is a backpack full of their stuff and a plane ticket to wherever their heart fancies. Their head is in the clouds and their whole life is yet ahead of them. The have no kids to tie them down, no responsibilities beyond themselves, not a care in the world.

They have not yet and maybe never will be beaten down by life to become a jaded, cynical asshole such as myself, and not have to face the harsh realty that saying "Fuck it, I feel like traveling through Europe for the next few months." Is a luxury many will never be able to afford financially and or logistically for a myriad of reasons.

They played off the stereotype in Hostel if you remember. So on that note, all the best wishes in your travels, try not to wind up in a Hostel slaughter factory.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod