|OT| Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

^ I personally like the look of Ysolda from Whiterun, whom you get a Mammoth tusk for. She's hawt. And she says, "Well my day just got better seeing you here"...and that's fucking sexy man.

Anybody think the College of Whiterun (Skyrim equivalent of mage guild) quest line came and went too quickly? After the final quest it just felt....rushed. Or maybe I rushed through it. I'm not sure. Epic lootz tho!

MattAY said:
^ I personally like the look of Ysolda from Whiterun, whom you get a Mammoth tusk for. She's hawt. And she says, "Well my day just got better seeing you here"...and that's f****** sexy man.
Whoa, i didn't know you could marry her.

Hmm. I'm liking the idea now. 3x hot wiminz sharing a house and, at least for the sake of my imagination, a bed?
Yeah i can totally get behind that idea.

Might have to try and marry her later. Does anyone know if you marry someone who already lives in the same town, if they'll open up a shop anyway?
Because i could totally do with more money.

So yeah...the games a solid B+ at this point.

Too many bugs hindering the experience, interface is not that slick for my tastes, the simplification of the system again is a bit dodgey for me, although I get why they did it, and the lore of the game is so fundamentally different and flawed its hard to ignore that, or the somewhat weak storyline.

Overall, I am impressed, but not wowed.

i agree, B or B+ from me. the bugs are just too frustrating and DO take severely from the experience.

luckily after a restart of the ps3 the slideshow experience calmed down.

but when you're in a house talking to people while a girl repeatedly yells at me "you need to leave!" over and over in the background. then i go talk to her and she's all nice and compliments me. then i stop and go talk to other people and she continues to scream "you need to leave!"

or when you're walking with someone like delphine and she randomly stops for like 30 seconds at a time and u just wait for her to continue. or the slideshowness.

the most frustrating thing was today i went into a mine, cleared it out, came outside and a dragon was outside and i had no potions or anything. i tried everything, i tried to escape, tried to wait in the mine for him to leave, tried to really strategically fight him, it was just impossible. i couldn't fast travel as enemies were close by. i was stuck.. i luckily eventually remembered i could put the difficulty down to easy from hard, and basically two shot him. hated to do it, but had no choice.

still an amazing game though but the bugs DO take away severely from the experience for me.

Green_Lantern said:
Really? It's basically a Gamebryo game - bugs are part of the experience.

They shouldn't be, that's more of a cop-out than anything else, and gives designers the excuse to make something that is, well, buggy.

i can understand and live with bugs. the game is huge. but i was experiencing bugs yesterday that were making the game pretty much completely unplayable. which completely removes me from the experience and the atmosphere, which is why I love a game like this in the first place.

its disappointing, uncharted 3 was my other most anticipated game this year and it was jammed full with bugs and terrible controls as well. i think its laughable some, well a lot of game review sites gave it a perfect 10, even the A from GR was a little out there imo. the controls are simply awful. luckily the multiplayer is awesome.

still LOVE both games though, don't get me wrong. just think they could have easily been very much improved.

I haven't ran into any bad bugs yet really. The only one that bothers me at all is when I alt-tab I have to tab twice to get back in and sometimes the graphics are slightly distorted. But other than that nothing game breaking or anything.

i just played for a solid 2 hours, had a lot of fun and next to no bugs. so now i feel bad for bashing the game...

hopefully this keeps up.

i find it kind of silly than i can just eat dinner while holding L1 while a walrus swats my shield and level up a full level while i'm eating.

The only bug I experienced was fighting a bone dragon boss and another boss I'll leave unnamed to not spoil. After dying a few times to the bone dragon I reloaded and the limbs of the skeletons that accompanied him were all stretched out, like a spider. Like when you take dev tools and screw around with the character models. The other boss was a caster who I had a hard time killing (even on lowest difficulty) then he all of a sudden stopped attacking, even after multiple reloads. Made the victory much less triumphant.

I'm really addicted to this game. It's a good thing I don't own it or I might have a bit of a problem right now - my roommates, on the other hand, are literally staying up all night.

I have no experience with the series but did really like Fallout 3. What I'm loving most about this game is that despite how many aspects are "OK" but not "wow" worthy, it offers so much depth and customization that you just don't see in many games these days. Me and my roommates swap stories each day about things we've discovered. The more you put into it, the more random crap you learn - and much of it has a practical application.

But then you can do other things just for the heck of it, like collect as many potatoes as possible. Just to see how many you can get. Because potatoes are God's greatest gift to man.

Even though the game has some bugs and can get a bit repetitive, there's a lot of options, so much to explore, and a lot of areas tell their own stories just based on what you find there and how its arranged.

I definitely think it's Game of the Year material, and am suddenly a fan, but I think other games that aren't as ambitious (like Batman or Uncharted, and Zelda will probably be this way, too) are more refined.

intoTheRain said:
the most frustrating thing was today i went into a mine, cleared it out, came outside and a dragon was outside and i had no potions or anything. i tried everything, i tried to escape, tried to wait in the mine for him to leave, tried to really strategically fight him, it was just impossible. i couldn't fast travel as enemies were close by. i was stuck.. i luckily eventually remembered i could put the difficulty down to easy from hard, and basically two shot him. hated to do it, but had no choice.
Should've kept going out, smacking him until you're out of health and magicka, then go back into the mine and wait for an hour, then repeat until he dies.

Or just stop playing on hard and go medium all the time.

I havent got a bug yet, and I prefer the simpler way of levelling. If you change your mind from hacking and slashing to using spells halfway through, you can do that rather than starting a new game.

And the interface looks way better. I personally think Skyrim is 3-fold better than Oblivion.

madster111 said:
intoTheRain said:
Should've kept going out, smacking him until you're out of health and magicka, then go back into the mine and wait for an hour, then repeat until he dies.

Or just stop playing on hard and go medium all the time.

every game i play i automatically set it to the second hardest difficulty because i find it more rewarding. but i'm starting to think difficulty is pointless in skyrim, it's about the experience, not being frustrated.

i personally wish there was no difficulty setting in skyrim. you could put it on novice (i think thats the lowest setting?), and be a god in 1/4 the time played. should be an equal challenge all around.

i had no idea if u attacked something, then went into a mine/house whatever, when you came back out they'd be at the same health. thanks.

my first run through is pure shield/one hander/archer warrior bad assery. then i'll play again as either a magic guy or a thief, not sure yet.

madster111 said:
MattAY said:
^ I personally like the look of Ysolda from Whiterun, whom you get a Mammoth tusk for. She's hawt. And she says, "Well my day just got better seeing you here"...and that's f****** sexy man.
Whoa, i didn't know you could marry her.

Hmm. I'm liking the idea now. 3x hot wiminz sharing a house and, at least for the sake of my imagination, a bed?
Yeah i can totally get behind that idea.

Might have to try and marry her later. Does anyone know if you marry someone who already lives in the same town, if they'll open up a shop anyway?
Because i could totally do with more money.

I dont know if there's a limit on who you can marry. If it's anyone I'd actually want to marry my thane. She's tough, but I bet she'd like it rough...plus she's "at my service" heheh!

One of my favorite bugs so far...

fast travelling to a location and not being able to move. And of course when you do that, and you happen to fast travel somewhere a wolf or giant happened to spawn...yeah...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133