|OT| Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Longo_2_guns said:
I'm actually curious about how they handle the whole dragonborn thing in the game. Because, honestly, it's not THAT uncommon of a thing. You meet five of them in Oblivion alone.
Skyrim's set roughly 200 years later, when erryone is dead.

Also, just cleared through a fort filled with a bunch of guys in elven armor.
Remember when i said to go dunmer?
Seriously, take my advice. Without that fire protection, i would have died so many times. The bastards all stole my deal - sword in 1 hand, flames in the other.

well i cleared a dungeon and learned a dragon call on a side quest getting a gold claw. then i went on the main quest and killed a dragon so i could actually use the dragon shout.

pwnin face. the atmosphere in the game is incredible. at night in the snow and the wind, it feels like you're really there, minus the real cold. definitely gonna like it. i think im gonna hold off playing anymore until next weekend when i will have most of it minus saturday night when i sillily (sillily is a word) invited friends over. i might cancel just to play skyrim xD

i dont really know bethesda games . i played through morrowind a LONG time ago. only after i cleared the dungeon and killed the dragon did i learn how to level up stuff and use skill points. probably would have made life easier.

oh yea, i bought a horse too. and i now have a housecarl!

madster111 said:
Longo_2_guns said:
I'm actually curious about how they handle the whole dragonborn thing in the game. Because, honestly, it's not THAT uncommon of a thing. You meet five of them in Oblivion alone.
Skyrim's set roughly 200 years later, when erryone is dead.
Well all five that you met in Oblivion died ingame. But still, they existed.

Longo_2_guns said:
Well all five that you met in Oblivion died ingame. But still, they existed.
Yeah, they never deny that there used to be dragonborn. Thing is, though, when martin gets dead in oblivion he was the last dragonborn.

The blades second main task apart from guarding the throne was dragon slaying, apparently.

Also, why can't i stop hearing 'Enchantment? Enchantment!' in my head every time i have to do something in Skyrim?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKr6DnF8XmU

....wat?

That just... my head hurts.

Ah well, can't expect the lore to make sense anymore, due to Todd Howard. So I'll just take it at face value and try to stop caring.

Yeah, just roll with the story and ignore the lore a bit.
You get to kill dragons, so it makes it worth it.

Speaking of, i just through killing 2x dragons on my way to learn a new word. 2x of the bastards.
So i finished killing them, looted them, and then made sure i'm fine, recharged my sword and made sure everything was full, and i continued on with my journey.

And then i got killed by a bear.

2x full-sized, fire breathing goddamn dragons?
Never went below 25% health.
But a BEAR? Now THAT'S a challenge!

Guess i'm not there yet. Will have to kill some more dragons before i take another bear.

Longo_2_guns said:
s***, that sucks. It's a good thing they caught it, though.

I'm paranoid about my bank account, now.

yeah, it was a little freaky. Shouldn't be a problem though since I won't have to pay anything and am getting a new card and number. I did change both of my steam passwords though.

madster111 said:
Will have to kill some more dragons before i take another bear.
Seriously, how have I read two whole pages of Madster back and you still haven't explained the adventures you were on while you went missing?

Recently doing some little bit side missions before continuing on with the main quest.

Saw some people twice my size with clubs. Me being an Orc and all, I can totally take them.

Kills me in one friggin' hit. I haven't laughed that hard in awhile. I'm going to love this game.

TheDiesel said:
Recently doing some little bit side missions before continuing on with the main quest.

Saw some people twice my size with clubs. Me being an Orc and all, I can totally take them.

Kills me in one friggin' hit. I haven't laughed that hard in awhile. I'm going to love this game.

Did you go flying into the air? There's some funny videos of giants clubbing people and their bodies just getting thrown into the air.

NickKmet said:
TheDiesel said:

Did you go flying into the air? There's some funny videos of giants clubbing people and their bodies just getting thrown into the air.

Ironic. I just got done watching one of those videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QyvXL8Tno8

So...it's not bad.

Atmosphere is amazing this time around. Storyline is a bit more involved, although I hate the fact that part of the storyline is mirroring Dragon Age II, and Fallout: New Vegas...and Fallout 3...

My only gripe is the interface is cumbersome and the level up system is streamlined, but I really do miss a lot of the options they had before. That is me though.

It's a pretty classic storyline, from what I can tell. I'll know more when I play it, but it's typical stuff. And I'll second that opinion. I personally think that streamlining is the single worst thing to happen to the RPG genre.

Also nice triple post, Dan. That was tasteful.

So far I'm loving it and it's better than oblivion the ten hours I've put in so far. I need sleep!

Oh yeah,those frost giants are a bitch. :x

by the grace of god i somehow got tonight off work without even asking for it.

so other than watching the Leafs get destroyed by Ottawa, I will be playing Skyrim

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133