|OT| Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Guernica said:
LinksOcarina said:
Well...its been nice knowing you, but I have a feeling I will be shot or something because of this article...

http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2011/11/editorial-5-grievances-skyrim/

I still love Skyrim, but it's game of the year.

I mostly agree with all but #3. While I agree that it gets rid of part of the "feeling" of a race I really like that I can be the race and "class" I want. I think all in all it was a good change.

Yeah, true.

But in like D&D, its rare to see Dwarf wizards going around. It happens,but they are typically weaker than Elf wizards or something. We lose that feeling in Skyrim, as I said, I could be a Orc Thief if I wanted too, I would just be a weaker thief, making the game more challenging in the process.

Longo_2_guns said:
Several months ago, in a Bethesda development meeting:
"I've got an idea! Lets make it so that the player can do a cool animation to finish off a group of enemies!"
And they all agreed that this was at least a decent idea.

"I've got another idea! Lets make it a mandatory thing but not iron out the kinks in the animations!"
And they all agreed once again that this is what they should do and that it was a great idea.

"Oh! Another idea! What if we gave these to enemies as well, so that despite having 1/3rd of their health left, a follower and something summoned, the player can be randomly killed in a single, unavoidable, unpredictable attack and lose a considerable amount of dungeon crawling!"
And they all agreed that this was the best idea ever, and then went out for coffee.

End scene.
If I could sig all of this, I would.

Longo_2_guns said:
Several months ago, in a Bethesda development meeting:
"I've got an idea! Lets make it so that the player can do a cool animation to finish off a group of enemies!"
And they all agreed that this was at least a decent idea.

"I've got another idea! Lets make it a mandatory thing but not iron out the kinks in the animations!"
And they all agreed once again that this is what they should do and that it was a great idea.

"Oh! Another idea! What if we gave these to enemies as well, so that despite having 1/3rd of their health left, a follower and something summoned, the player can be randomly killed in a single, unavoidable, unpredictable attack and lose a considerable amount of dungeon crawling!"
And they all agreed that this was the best idea ever, and then went out for coffee.

End scene.

GiGKW.gif

Am I crazy for feeling like the visuals on Skyrim aren't all that great compared to the screenshots that were released prior to the games launch?

Yeah that's why i'm really wanting my damn money to hurry up and come through so i can put an order in on a gaming PC.

Skyrims graphics are good, but not too good at the same time. I love the lighting effects, but the textures need work and the draw distance on consoles isn't the best.

Also, the map with it's clouds is fucking shit.
What idiot thought that was a good idea?
"I know, let's have a map that obscures 90% of itself so players can't see shit!"

lokness said:
Visuals are lacking, but with a few mods, you can touch up the place a bit. These 2 make the environments look a lot better, you can't go back to vanilla.

see: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1051 and http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=823

I've got around 10 other minor mods that touch up the place subtly. i.e realistic smoke/fire, better faces, texture updates, etc. Look in the top 100 of that site for a good place to start.

So to fix it all - add blue?

NecroWolf said:
Man, you guys (and girls) are terrible. :(

I've had my fair share of groans about the game, especially seeing how a glitch gimped one of my go throughs .. but I agree with you Necro. Way too may babbling baby faces about a game that offers so much.

Daddio said:
NecroWolf said:
Man, you guys (and girls) are terrible. :(

I've had my fair share of groans about the game, especially seeing how a glitch gimped one of my go throughs .. but I agree with you Necro. Way too may babbling baby faces about a game that offers so much.
Yeah, we should just ignore all the flaws the game has and talk about the rest.

So, uh...

I saw a mudcrab the other day. Nasty creature.

Hey, I didn't throw out any accusations or anything. Chill. Calm. I said my opinion, just like some of you have. It's all well and good. I enjoy the game, I don't see most of the flaws you're talking about but that's fine, doesn't mean they don't exist. What is a flaw to you, might be a benefit to me. Sometimes, I don't understand the criticism or where it came from, and some of the criticism makes no sense whatsoever to me. I'm not getting into specifics because frankly I don't want to pick a fight, and I don't really want to debate it.

Haha, I was mostly just trying to set up a joke.

Anyway, back on topic, finally maxed out my smithing. I was going to do daedric armor, but it just weighs too damn much. And I just realized that the +100% magicka regen robes I had been using didn't do shit during a battle. So it's a switch to armor I go!

It might weigh a lot but hell you can sit there and laugh at people who hit you when they take little to nothing out of your health

madster111 said:
Yeah that's why i'm really wanting my damn money to hurry up and come through so i can put an order in on a gaming PC.

See visually, I'm referencing the PC edition. It could look better on a current gen card like the GTX 560 but even with all my settings maxed on the GTX 260 it's not as impressive as say Oblivion was back in the day,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaminglovex