|OT| Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Green_Lantern said:

Did nobody notice this?:

Right off the bat, the gay supporting software company Blizzard, shows the player images of decapitations and after the third of forth head chopping, a necromatic dragon appears and sets the player free from righteous punishment.

**Emphasis Added**

EDIT: And now I feel like an idiot for not realizing the whole website is steeped in satire - not just the article.

NickKmet said:
Did nobody notice this?

I was confused for a second when it said "the world of MMORPG first person shooters" but after it said "cream filled" and "fecal fornication" I knew. Then it just got gay. REAL gay.

drathbone said:
NickKmet said:
Did nobody notice this?

I was confused for a second when it said "the world of MMORPG first person shooters" but after it said "cream filled" and "fecal fornication" I knew. Then it just got gay. REAL gay.

I realized it was satire from the start, but I didn't realize that those mistakes were meant as part of a broader satire on Christian crazies - which made a lot more sense once I looked at the rest of the website.

Pic related.
Why you simply do NOT fuck with me.

Glass sword that does 44 damage + Fire, Light armor with a rating of 250+, Gauldur Amulet glitched with an Amulet of Talos.
Aww Yee.

[Edit]
So i just got 100 smithing.
Man, Dragon crap really is a letdown. Put my dragon armor on and my overall rating drops down to like 130, due to my perks.
Would need an entire, fully upgraded set (what, 15 scales?) just to make it worthwhile.
Dark Brotherhood armor once (very easily) upgraded is simply the shit.

Is Dragon Armour light armour? Daedric = heavy? Is that not why Dragon seems like a let down?

So after rerolling because my other toon gitched to shit, I decided to go straight to riften to get 100 speech, from that I started to work on my smithing, while using the daggers from that to upgrade my enchanting, and make some cash.

After a couple hours, I ended up with 100 speech, 100 smithing, 75 enchanting and 10k gold, while getting to level 29 in the process. All this was done before talking to the Jarl at Whiterun for the first time, so no dragons have been slaughtered.

Make myself a full set of glass armor and weapons, and head out to the field ... oh boy, not having ANY combat perks at level 29 is something ... so say the least... lol.

MattAY said:
Is Dragon Armour light armour? Daedric = heavy? Is that not why Dragon seems like a let down?

Dragon has light and heavy and Daedric is only heavy, but daedric heavy > dragon heavy

drathbone said:
MattAY said:

Dragon has light and heavy and Daedric is only heavy, but daedric heavy > dragon heavy

Dragon armor is worse than daedric but it so much easier to make trying to find four daedric hearts took me forever to find them and then there is the ebony to find, mine, and smelt into ingots. But is totally worth it because everything i have is daedric from my armor to my axes and my bow i kill everything in my path and nothing really hurts me that much about a 600 armor rating i don't have a need to heal.

So after playing for a good while, I've come to a pretty solid conclusion about this game.

It is a very, very fun game.
It is not a very good game.
It is a sort of bad Elder Scrolls game.

I have no doubt I'll have to explain myself, but I don't have time now.

I used to think Skyrim was Game of the Year...but then I took an arrow to the knee.

MattAY said:
I used to think Skyrim was Game of the Year...but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Then i had to become a guard but being hit by ice spears through the head and chest and having them stay there did nothing, but that damn arrow hurt like a son of a bitch.

Several months ago, in a Bethesda development meeting:
"I've got an idea! Lets make it so that the player can do a cool animation to finish off a group of enemies!"
And they all agreed that this was at least a decent idea.

"I've got another idea! Lets make it a mandatory thing but not iron out the kinks in the animations!"
And they all agreed once again that this is what they should do and that it was a great idea.

"Oh! Another idea! What if we gave these to enemies as well, so that despite having 1/3rd of their health left, a follower and something summoned, the player can be randomly killed in a single, unavoidable, unpredictable attack and lose a considerable amount of dungeon crawling!"
And they all agreed that this was the best idea ever, and then went out for coffee.

End scene.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaminglovex