Modern Warfare 3 debut

Being someone who's bought the past 4 CoD titles, I'm definitely contemplating about purchasing it knowing I don't own any of the past 4 CoD titles. I may just borrow it from a friend a couple months after it comes out, when they're getting bored of it.

danielrbischoff said:
Battlefield 3 will definitely outclass MW3.... EA's got to have their s*** together.

I'm really hoping the frostbite 2 engine lives up to its hype. I really doubt anything Call of Duty could really measure up to that, especially if they started development that soon after shipping black ops.

But yeah, Battlefield 3.

I've always enjoyed the battlefield style of game-play a hell of a lot more than call of duty when it comes to multiplayer.

NickKmet said:
I'm really hoping the frostbite 2 engine lives up to its hype.

The destruction looks amazing... much better than frostbite used to account for. I always kind of scoffed at frostbite. I didn't feel like it added that much to the game and it looked pretty cheap. It was like "I leveled buildings in Red Faction 2, why should i care about it now."

One thing I've always felt about battlefield was that the guns felt lighter, more plasticky than the weapons in Call of Duty. Maybe its because they were all higher pitched than in CoD. Especially now I've got a decent audio set up I need the guns to sound deeper, more solid in BF3.

danielrbischoff said:
NickKmet said:
I'm really hoping the frostbite 2 engine lives up to its hype.

The destruction looks amazing... much better than frostbite used to account for. I always kind of scoffed at frostbite. I didn't feel like it added that much to the game and it looked pretty cheap. It was like "I leveled buildings in Red Faction 2, why should i care about it now."

One thing I've always felt about battlefield was that the guns felt lighter, more plasticky than the weapons in Call of Duty. Maybe its because they were all higher pitched than in CoD. Especially now I've got a decent audio set up I need the guns to sound deeper, more solid in BF3.

I would have to agree with the guns feeling lighter, though treyarch really took a step back with black ops in my opinion. I was disappointed with how they removed a lot of the recoil associated with various weapons. aiming really became way too easy for me. I've been able to take massively long breaks (a month or so at a time) from black ops, no thanks to college, and still come back and dominate because the guns are so bloody easy to aim and shoot with. With modern warfare 2, I always felt like I needed a number of games before I was really able to say I was playing well.

NickKmet said:
With modern warfare 2, I always felt like I needed a number of games before I was really able to say I was playing well.
Part of that has to do with the fact that Black Ops is also SOOO much slower than MW2 was. Ugh, I disgust myself with my penchant for shooters. I'm trying to break the habit but I have to admit that I enjoy them quite a bit.

Nothing wrong with that. You should be able to enjoy what you like without feeling guilty.

I recently made the switch over to Battlefield 2 and I'm really enjoying it. There are problems with game balance, when you're up against a bunch of lvl 50's, but there's nothing as cheap as long range shotguns.

danielrbischoff said:
NickKmet said:
With modern warfare 2, I always felt like I needed a number of games before I was really able to say I was playing well.
Part of that has to do with the fact that Black Ops is also SOOO much slower than MW2 was. Ugh, I disgust myself with my penchant for shooters. I'm trying to break the habit but I have to admit that I enjoy them quite a bit.

I suppose that's true. With my shooters, they'd either be fast pace (as with MW2), or slow but more realistic and teamwork based.

A couple of the guys in my building like to play COD so I played with them the other day and not having played BO and MW2 in a while I realized that I don't like them as much as I used too. After playing them I realized that maybe COD is a little too easy and truly is a pick up and play game. I always liked killstreaks but replaying made me dislike the concept, I was doing good in the game but I realized that killstreaks basically rule the game whereas in medal of honor they can help but don't truly cause dominance. I don't know I'm just starting to like it less. I'm still most likely buying MW3 but I think the series might be losing it's luster. Maybe if the games weren't released every year it wouldn't make me feel like this

Delorean88 said:
Maybe if the games weren't released every year it wouldn't make me feel like this

that's my biggest problem right now, and probably why I'll be moving on to Battlefield 3 instead.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle