Let's post some pictures! (Of yourself or..Whatever else.)

Boss: "Uhh glad that meeting is over, I wasn't really paying attention but I saw you were taking vigorous notes Craig. Mind sharing them with me?"

Craig: " ..... "

Thanks guys, glad you like my drawings. :)

Yeah, my boss has noticed me doodling like that in my work diary. He used to give me crap about it but now I think he just kind of accepts it. At the end of the day, I still do my job and I do it well. I only draw in my diary when I'm waiting on people, e.g. clients to come in, while I'm on the phone and on hold etc.

I don't actually draw in meetings though. Once a meeting starts, I'm usually the one who scribes the meeting and takes notes. I end up typing up all the notes and e-mailing it out to everyone too. Bleh.

I made and uploaded my latest YouTube video last night. This drawing tutorial focuses on one of my favourite techniques in Photoshop, which is drawing fire! This is a technique I discovered and taught to myself over ten years ago, which I still use today.

The video also features Scorpion, from Mortal Kombat X. Here's the final drawing seen in the video.

Scorpion%20fire_zps8gyp1m7h.jpg

And here's the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MazJiE1 ... e=youtu.be

Another quick sketch today, this time the protagonist from the old Square-Enix Super Nintendo RPG, Secret of Evermore. One of my favourite games when I was a kid.

FullSizeRender%202_zpsjrho4zo7.jpg

Dude, I LOVED Secret of Evermore. That was the first (and I think only) game as a kid that inspired me to write a short story. Fantastic art.

Thanks, man! :D

I played Secret of Mana before Evermore. I thought Evermore was a sequel to Mana, and while it sort of was (in terms of game play, mechanics etc.) it wasn't an actual sequel, but it was still a fantastic game in its own right. I love them both.

Both games I played when I was seven/eight years old. These are the games that showed me that video games could be an amazing form of story telling.

While I'm sure I got a few years on you (Odin help me, I'm 36) I never really played Secret of Mana. I tried to several years ago via an emulator, but it was still in Japanese. I think Secret of Evermore on the SNES was my first exposure to a crafting system (I remember subsequent playthroughs hoarding elements.) I even remember the commercials for the game with a female voice singing the name of the game over scene shots. While Final Fantasy VI (or III from what was my child hood perspective), was one of the best games of the era, Secret of Evermore has always held a special place in my heart and I love you, Craig, for your artwork of it.

Thanks Paradox, that means a lot to me. I'm glad you like my work. I'll certainly make a digital, done up version of this drawing, just for you! ;) Expect it to arrive sometime next week. :)

I first played Secret of Mana, before Evermore (to clarify, I'm twenty seven years old, I first played Mana when I was eight, and Evermore around the same age I believe). When I saw Evermore, I thought it was a sequel. It was... in a sense, but only in terms of mechanics and such.

Secret of Evermore was actually developed to introduce Western audiences to RPGs, JRPGs in particular. That's why it was made to be very "American", e.g. all the movie references and such.

When I first played Secret of Evermore, I didn't really like it because of the jungle setting, but slowly I fell in love with the game. I still remember the final boss fight of the jungles, that gigantic bug thing that's featured on the front cover of the game. I remember the boss theme music, and often hum it to myself. That's an awesome boss theme, in my opinion much better than Mana's. For comparison, see below:

Secret of Mana boss battle theme - "Danger!" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0IJPzf4mO0

Secret of Evermore boss battle theme - Boss Theme 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IvqZfIlUl4

Goddamn... makes me want to play this game again.

A quick sketch of Cloud Strife, drawn a tad more realistically.

Cloud%20small_zpsys20fy5i.jpg

Okay, it's not realistic, he essentially has normal looking hair and his sword is smaller. Just a different interpretation.

I felt a bit inspired and I decided to draw up my Boba Fett drawing into a wallpaper. The full version is 1920 x 1080, but this is a small version for the forums.

Boba%20Fett%20small_zpsurxvmavz.jpg

Took me about an hour to do. I'm actually kinda disappointed with it, but I hope you guys like it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133