Let's post some pictures! (Of yourself or..Whatever else.)

Thanks, guys! I'm glad you like it. :)

I like the perspective and I like the simpler, cartoony face that's similar to Professor Layton. Might give it a go in my comics sometime, maybe. We'll see!

That, or I might just try a fancy coloured version of this one.

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE...

I was going to say I like the cartoony face style! Reminds me of pip-boy, I wanna see more like this :D!

Hahaha, it is Layton face. I love it.

Imagine a game where Snake has to solve puzzles and finally just sneaks out from boredom.

There's a web comic called "Dorkly" that occasionally uses a similar style... I think they have different artists or something? I just don't want to look like I'm ripping someone off.

Although to be fair, people do often say my artwork looks like Penny Arcade's, which can either be taken as a compliment or otherwise. I do take inspiration from the work of Mike "Gabe" Krahulik.

Here's an example from Dorkly to show similar styles (e.g. Professor Layton face),

38bc64c6f25ea6e8f7ce1e9fdc3f5df4.jpg

Pretty funny strip, too. :)

At the end of the month before I head off for PAX AUS, I'm going to a friend's Halloween party. I wanted to dress up as Max Rockatansky from Mad Max, particularly the incarnation from the recent Fury Road film with the garden fork muzzle mask and all. I'm not very good at making props and stuff... but I've got a friend who's a bloody legend at it.

Here's the results.

Mask%201_zpsnooepooi.jpg

Mask%202_zpskcqi14wa.jpg

Mask%203_zpshxqnhqmj.jpg

All up it took an afternoon, maybe about three to four hours of work. I went to my friend's house yesterday and he showed me how he does this stuff. I bought the materials, he worked with 'em and showed me how it's done.

My mate Tom took measurements of my face, then he drew the design of the mask on paper with my measurements in mind. He cut those out, then placed them down on EVA foam (jigsaw mat). He then used the paper cut outs and traced around them with a marker pen. After that, we used a knife to cut out the shapes.

Tom used a heat gun to bend and mold the cut out shapes so we could get that curved look. He then used a thin, rubber foam stuff to create the straps of the mask. We then used a drill to create the fake bolts and details in the mask. Once that was done, Tom used two different spray paints... a rubber black paint for an undercoat, then a charcoal grey for the overcoat.

Tom also used velcro-tape as a means for me to remove and put on the mask.

I'm so happy with this. It wasn't that hard at all and I think the detail is amazing. I'm very grateful Tom did this for me and showed me how to do it. Maybe I can do it for myself someday? Tom's gonna help me next weekend to make a fake knee brace, just like Max's.

This is gonna be a great Halloween costume. I might even wear it at PAX AUS. :)

Mask%204%20-%20in%20hand_zpsn1a7bxde.jpg

First off, my mom found my Super Mario Maker costume at her house. So when I was up there, I had to make sure it fits. It still does! So now I live stream Super Mario Maker with it.

Lastly, there was a place that opened up about 15 miles away from where I live called "PA Coin Operated Gaming Hall Of Fame & Museum." Long ass title. They opened up in May and I always wanted to check them out, but had other problems to deal with during my summer. Last Tuesday, I finally took the time to check them out. Awesome place!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImX6D1uqEVQ

Sweet costume, Ugh! Ah, yes, the PCOGHFM! :p Man, I would lose myself for days in that place. All those rows of awesome Pinball games! Wow!

What was the name of that big one you hovered on at 9:45? That looked badass!

Craig%20and%20Candace%20-%20Halloween_zpsbr89wkac.jpg

My girlfriend and I went to a really fun, early Halloween party this weekend hosted by close friends. They had a photo booth there as well, which is actually the side business of another friend of mine. The first photo we weren't quite ready, the last photo we were joined by the photo booth guy and another mate of mine - dressed as an anime character, but ended up looking like a gimp.

My girlfriend Candace dressed up as a scary scarecrow. Personally, as biased as this will sound, I think she had the best costume there, although everyone had great outfits that night. I dressed up as Max from Mad Max: Fury Road.

Another friend of ours helped with our costumes. He made my mask for me and for Candace he made the scythe. My mother helped Candace with her hat, while she did the rest herself.

UghRochester said:
Your friend did an amazing job. Wish I could be artistic like that and create me a costume.

Thanks, man. He's very talented at prop making. He made my mask and honestly, I did nothing except provide him with the materials, then learn and watch. Theoretically, I know how to do this now, I'd like to try it myself some day. It's actually not that hard, as long as you have all the materials and tools.

My friend wanted to make me a knee brace, just like Mad Max, but we both got busy and ran out of time. It woulda been awesome, but luckily it wasn't necessary.

If you'd like, I could write a guide based off my mate's instructions, in case you'd like to do something similar in the future? The techniques he used can be applied for all sorts of props - masks, armor etc. :)

De-Ting said:
Legit DIY costumes.

Thank you, sir! :D

Thanks, used!

My mate made the scythe very quickly. A wooden curtain rod for the base, light wood cut for the blade, some rope and the fake, rubbery cut off hand. :p He did a great job though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coin Master