Let's post some pictures! (Of yourself or..Whatever else.)

FB7776AE-7E3A-4C37-85D9-7331EEF81BC0_zpsz8h5kkmv.jpg

I never put time into my Valentine box but we put way too much into these.

So, I see Charizard and Katy Perry's (on her right) Left Shark? Anyways, awesome stuff, Bret. I like how your son on the right is trying to smile lol.

I'm a dickhead who wants to one day try and work on a comic, but I get complacent and procrastinate. While waiting for class the other day, I did some sketching and I ended up re-designing one of my character concepts.

This is the original:

IMG_2799_zpsj0pe348k.jpg

Ignore the very dull pose.

Here's the updated design.

jumping_zpsdde9yp7e.jpg

I want this character to be good at running and climbing, like parkour basically, able to get from point A to point B as fast as possible, even if it's unorthodox, so I changed his clothing to be a bit more practical.

The shoulder guard on his jacket I made smaller, because I think the larger one would impair movement and be annoying, maybe impractical.

I got rid of his turban thing because I thought it would probably fall off. A bandanna would look cool, especially considering it can give a motion of wind and speed.

Got rid of the boots too and gave him shoes. I just thought too many of the characters I design wear boots. If I want him to run, he can have shoes instead. He's also got a sorta keep sake necklace on, again to add a bit more character and depth, and to give him more of a look of speed and motion.

Finally, I gave him some markings on his face and minimized the facial scarring. I gave him these markings (maybe they're tattoos) because I wanted to have him look like he was from some sort of remote, isolated community, like a tribe or something. This was inspired by the Indigenous people of America.

Hope you guys like it. :)

I was on the phone for about twenty minutes today at work. A lot of the time when I'm on the phone at work, I'll end up sketching and doodling in my work diary.

I honestly find that it helps me out on the phone, it calms me down and allows me to speak confidently. I ended up sketching my own interpretation of Sabertooth from X-Men. This took me about fifteen to twenty minutes.

Sabretooth_zpsjqcn8wlk.jpg

I like how you didn't let the binding get in your way. Also, it's drawn over the print in a work planner.

Metaphorical as all get out.

The binding can get f-

I started drawing with just the hand, suddenly it became a wrist and then suddenly, it became a Victor Creed.

Posting this for the De-Ting's Daily Ting.

Not my most recent photo, but here's a photo of my partner and I earlier this year while we were at Disney World, sitting by the pool at our hotel, the Art of Animation.

craig%20and%20candace_zpskp2mjkkc.jpg

Who doesn't love turtles?

Also, ive been going to the gym lately, trying to lose some more weight.

I am sort of getting there. For now here is a close up of me recently.

UrbanMasque, why do you always look so cool? ;)

LinksOcarina said:
Who doesn't love turtles?

Also, ive been going to the gym lately, trying to lose some more weight.

I am sort of getting there.

Good on you, man! It's great to hear you're going to the gym. Keep it up. :) You should post your progress and results in the New Year's Resolutions 2016 thread.

I'm attempting to get my diet back on track. It's pretty hard. In my opinion, eating well is the hardest part about trying to lose weight and get fit. I have a few goals by the end of April, so see how it goes.

Keep it up, Links. You're doing good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle