"I would like the next President to be..."

Who would you like to see as the next president of the United States of America?

• Barack Obama

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • John McCain

• Hillary Clinton

• Total voters
Obama > Clinton > McCain

Clinton must be kicking herself she didn't run four years ago, she would of bet Kerry and given America a better option then simply "I'm not Bush".

I'm sure she would of had a lot more votes in this poll if Obama wasn't around. I was pretty keen on the idea of the first female president but Obama is just too exciting.

It's a shame I can't vote.

I'd vote for The Lama. I wonder what kind of slogan he'd use. Something like "A vote for me, is a vote for unity." "Fourteen lifetimes gives me a shit-load more experience than the other guy."

And you can bet your ass he wouldn't start any wars. I'm looking at you Bush...

thetank said:
I'd vote for The Lama. I wonder what kind of slogan he'd use. Something like "A vote for me, is a vote for unity." "Fourteen lifetimes gives me a s***-load more experience than the other guy."

And you can bet your ass he wouldn't start any wars. I'm looking at you Bush...

You fail to understand American Politics, Bush didn't start the war. He asked to start the war. Congress (including Good old Hillary) said lets go get the bastards. Only 23 members did not go for it.

So Bleh :p

But it's fair to say that had Bush not asked to go to war, then Operation Iraqi Freedom wouldn't exist, and the war wouldn't have been started. Therefore, the war is still Bush's fault, and he started it.

A fight isn't started by the first punch, you know that as well as I do.

EDIT: American politics are easily as bureaucratic as Vogon politics. Scream at me until you're blue in the face, but based on my idea of what constitutes good government, America doesn't cut it. And unless Clinton/Obama/McCain/Whoever are the next Alexander the Great, it never will

thetank said:
But it's fair to say that had Bush not asked to go to war, then Operation Iraqi Freedom wouldn't exist, and the war wouldn't have been started. Therefore, the war is still Bush's fault, and he started it.

EDIT: American politics are easily as bureaucratic as Vogon politics. Scream at me until you're blue in the face, but based on my idea of what constitutes good government, America doesn't cut it. And unless Clinton/Obama/McCain/Whoever are the next Alexander the Great, it never will

It's a terrible system.

If bush hadn't of proposed it, someone in congress would have pushed for something (probably carpet bombings). If you remember at the start of the war we had UN support, but they suddenly pulled out after France and Russia learned their oil for food scam was in trouble(look it up).

Then there was the whole WMD mess. I remember hearing on NPR a story about an iraqi air col. who said he personally transported WMD's over the border into Syria by plane. Let me see if I can find that article.

Who knows?

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
You fail to understand American Politics, Bush didn't start the war. He asked to start the war. Congress (including Good old Hillary) said lets go get the b******. Only 23 members did not go for it.

So Bleh :p

Actually I'm pretty sure they said "lets go get those WMD" which they had been informed by Bush existed. Not to say they aren't to answer for their votes, but they we're mislead. Obama does have that benefit for the anti-war that unlike Clinton he never wanted to go to war.

thetank said:

I love that you put the Hitchhikers reference in that. Vogons are a silly bunch.

65% Obama and 9% Clinton vs 25% McCain
This board is far more democrat then I had thought. Although a lot of us arn't American so can't vote.

DocMoc said:
I love that you put the Hitchhikers reference in that. Vogons are a silly bunch.

Yeah, I'd just finished watching the remake with Martin Freeman for like the fourth time in two days.

Rekkie7 said:
65% Obama and 9% Clinton vs 25% McCain
This board is far more democrat then I had thought. Although a lot of us arn't American so can't vote.
The internet, or at least internet forums (excluding teens4christ), tend to be democrat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle