The Fighter Character Battle: Seasonals

Hello boys and girls, it is time to get cracking once again as our favorite swordsmen, ninja women, kangaroos and werewolves shall be fighting it up again.

Although this time, it will be different. Because as the title suggests, were going seasonal for this one.

What is going to happen is bi-weekly "tourneys" basically. We will be going through a shit ton of VS fighter video games, having the characters of said video games go against each other, and the winners will move on to the final tournament at the end of the year.

Here though are some ground rules.

1. Some games that became fighter games or have fighter elements will not be eligible. Games like Marvel VS. Capcom, Fight Night, Dragonball Z, MK vs DC, Super Smash Bros, etc. that have licensed characters that are not from an original fighter game will not be allowed and if someone picks a combatant from the game, I will ask them to pick someone else. (I know i'm a pain with this rule, but the reason is to give the unknowns a shot over established characters who can sneak in, like Mario, Goku, Spiderman, and so on.

2. Some characters, like Ryu Hyuabasha, The Joker, Superman and others from MK vs DC, Yoda, The Apprentice and Vader from Soul Calibur, etc. Are also not eligible because they are not original fighter game characters.

3. Characters with more than one persona may be eligible. For example, Jin Kazama and his persona known as Devil Jin, are eligible to participate as separate characters.

4. No M.U.G.E.N custom characters are allowed to participate in the showdown. It defeats the purpose of a VS Fighter Character Tournament if we include them, as they are mostly in the same realm as Spiderman, Megaman, etc. So please do not nominate M.U.G.E.N characters.

5. TIES in the game will be resolved by a final vote by someone who has not voted in that round. For example, if Lien did not vote in a round that features Spiderman and Wolverine against each other, he may vote for the winner if it is tied. If he did vote in that round, he is not allowed to vote again.

6. Each week, there will be a different game series represented. Every character in the game series that meets the criteria mentioned above (no MUGENS, no guest characters, etc.) are eligible for votes. I will also provide a list of combatants (mostly picked randomly from the games, with some exceptions.) of who you shall be voting on, what games they have appeared in, and their previous count of appearances in the FCB Showdown.

So entrants will follow a template. (NOTE:) I Abandoned this idea....too much time...

7. There will be a MAX OF 32 characters per series (if a series has a max of 32 characters of course.) If a series has an odd number of a characters (like 10 for example) only 8 will fight. As to who will fight, I will be picking the names randomly.

8. Voting will proceed as normal. The winners of the showdowns will get automatic bids into the FCB Tournament. The runners up will get a special prize later.

9. Different game series will not be represented by different spin offs. For example, Street Fighter Alpha characters fall under the street fighter banner. Also, if someone is not picked, don't sweat it, because at the beginning of main tourney, we will still need to choose some more characters in the end. But I am putting a limit on it to 64 (128 is too many) which means we will have to choose less when the time comes for it. An at large bid, if you will.

10. Characters from multiple series MAY PARTICIPATE in various showdowns, but if they do win, they will be barred from continuing. For example, if Yoshimitsu wins the Tekken Showdown, he can't participate in the Soul Calibur Showdown.

This will go on until the tourney is ready to begin, or until we get a set amount of automatic bids, whichever comes first.

With that, we will begin this right now. The first game we will be tackling is of course, STREET FIGHTER.

As for the 32 participating in this, it will be a random drawing, so I beg you to not go nuts if someone you like did not get in.

Also, if you have any fighting games that I may not know about, please PM them to me (and if you have any pics I may need for the more obscure games, don't hesitate to send me some. Thanks.)

BALROG
HAKAN
ADON
YANG
GILL
VEGA
HUGO
BLANKA
KEN
KARIN
DHALSIM
CRACKER JACK
CHARLIE
CAMMY
T. HAWK
CRIMSON VIPER
PULLUM
ALEX
MAKOTO
ACE
BIRDIE
SAGAT
DAN
ABEL
RYU
ORO
RAINBOW MIKA
GUY
GARUDA
SHADOWGEIST
URIEN
FEI LONG

In a bit I will be posting the info for the first two rounds. Remember, this is all random, the order above is just the order the characters happened to be picked (got to love names in a hat.)

CURRENT WIN LIST

1. Street Fighter: Winner: SAGAT Runner up: CAMMY

2. Red Earth: Winner: KENJI Runner up: GIGI

3. Guilty Gear:Winner: BRIDGET Runner up: FAUST

4. The Last Blade: Winner: SETSUNA Runner up: SHIGEN

5. Mortal Kombat: Winner: SUB-ZERO Runner Up: KENSHI

6. Bloody Roar: Winner: ALICE Runner Up: SHINA

7. Virtua Fighter: Winner: WOLF Runner Up: JEFFRY

8. Waku Waku 7: Winner: FERNANDEZ Runner Up: POLITANK-Z

9.BlazBlue: Winner: NOEL VERMILION Runner Up: IRON TAGER

10. Tekken: Winner: KING Runner Up: KAZUYA

11. Weaponlord: Winner: ZORN Runner Up: JEN-TAI

12. Darkstalkers: Winner: DONOVAN Runner Up: JOHN TALBAIN

13. Battle Arena Toshinden: Winner: DUKE B. RAMBERT Runner Up: TEN COUNT

14. Soul Calibur: Winner: TAKI Runner Up: SOPHITIA

15. Eternal Champions: Winner: LARCEN Runner Up: XAVIER

16. King of Fighters: Winner:

We shall see, I guess.

FIRST TWO ROUNDS UP

MAKOTO

makoto-capstyle.jpg

Games: Street Fighter III: Third Strike, Super Street Fighter IV, Card Fighters Clash
FCB Appearances: 0
Record: 0-0

VS

KARIN

karin-action.png

Games: Street Fighter Alpha 3, Card Fighters Clash, Capcom Fighting Evolution

and

KEN

ken-nx2.gif

Games: Street Fighter Series, Super Puzzle Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom.
FCB Appearances: 3
Record: 3-3

VS

BALROG

balrog-an.png

Games: Street Fighter Series, Capcom vs SNK, Card Fighters Clash

I am voting for Makoto and Ken, let the battles begin.

Makoto

And M.bison.... oops i'm sorry i forgot. You're all yanks, Balrog :D

And the lack of skullmania makes me a saaaaad panda. And yea, i know, we can get him on later on... But i still spit on your choosing hat!

And in an easy sweep, Makoto and Ken move on.

Next match

VEGA

vega-s4.png

Games: Street Fighter Series,Street Fighter: The Movie, SNK vs Capcom Chaos
FCB Appearances: 5
Record: 10-5

VS

PULLUM

pullum-fixart1.jpg

Games: Street Fighter EX Series

and

RAINBOW MIKA

rmika-alphafix1.jpg

Games: Street Fighter Alpha 3, Card Fighters Clash

vs

FEI LONG

feilong-s4.png

Games: Street Fighter Series, Card Fighters Clash
FCB Appearances: 1
Record: 1-1

I will be voting for Pullum and Fei Long, let the battles begin.

Thats the idea, for it to go quick, because there are about 20 or so games that have to be sifted through.

Plus I figure mini showdowns would be an interesting change of pace.

HK, next time I won't count the vote so you know. Boobies can mean Fei Longs man pecs for all I know.

Anyway, Pullum and Fei Long move on.

CAMMY

cammy-marvel2action.png

Games: Super ,Street Fighter 2, Street Fighter: The Movie, Marvel vs Capcom 2.
FCB Appearances: 3
Record- 4-3

VS

CRIMSON VIPER

cviper-sf4-2.png

Games: Street Fighter 4

and

ACE

ace-sp.jpg

Games: Street Fighter EX 3

VS

GARUDA

garudohr2.jpg

Games: Street Fighter EX

My votes go to Viper and Garuda, let the battles begin.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle