The Fighter Character Battle: 2011 Edition

Hi guys...Well, real events are forcing me to post this earlier than I wanted too (my 89 year old aunt is basically in dire straits...) so I wanted to get this out of the way before I go incognito for a while.

Welcome, one and all, to this years Fighter Character Battle. Last year, we saw the rise of the leagues, with 13 different mini showdowns determining "regional" winners from various vs fighter games. This year...I had no time to do that and sadly no one took up the mantle. That said, the showdown will likely not be without it's bits of drama too it.

Last year, we saw Ky Kiske take down Noel Vermillion, the second ever winner from Guilty Gear becoming the champion after a fairly close matchup. Will Noel get revenge and push through for a win this year? Will Ky be the first repeat champion, or will any of the past winners make it to the top again (as none of the former champions have ever made the top 8 before.) Will an underdog or a complete unknown repeat the Cinderella performances of Sabewulf and Aaron in the past?

Le'ts find out, shall me? As we crown the winner of the seventh ever tournament! But first, the rules of the showdown

1. Some games that became fighter games or have fighter elements will not be eligible. Games like Marvel VS. Capcom, Fight Night, Dragonball Z, MK vs DC, Super Smash Bros, etc. that have licensed characters that are not from an original fighter game will not be allowed and if someone picks a combatant from the game, I will ask them to pick someone else. (I know i'm a pain with this rule, but the reason is to give the unknowns a shot over established characters who can sneak in, like Mario, Goku, Spiderman, and so on.

2. HOWEVER, original characters ARE ELIGIBLE, like Master Hand, for example. I am fairly lenient on this rule, so no worries here.

3. Some characters, like Ryu Hyuabasha, The Joker, Superman and others from MK vs DC, Yoda, The Apprentice and Vader from Soul Calibur, etc. Are also not eligible because they are not original fighter game characters. I am also including the Dynasty Warriors cast as well, since last year they snuck in and, while I did allow it, it was after a begrudging decision to do so.

4. Characters with more than one persona may be eligible. For example, Jin Kazama and his persona known as Devil Jin, are eligible to participate as separate characters.

5. No M.U.G.E.N custom characters are allowed to participate in the showdown. It defeats the purpose of a VS Fighter Character Tournament if we include them, as they are mostly in the same realm as Spiderman, Megaman, etc. So please do not nominate M.U.G.E.N characters.

6. TIES in the game will be resolved by a final vote by someone who has not voted in that round. For example, if Lien did not vote in a round that features Spiderman and Wolverine against each other, he may vote for the winner if it is tied. If he did vote in that round, he is not allowed to vote again. IF THERE IS NO VOTE AFTER TWO DAYS, NEXT VOTE WINS IT AGAIN.

7. A TOTAL of 128 characters will be eligible for this showdown. No more, no less. You guys will each nominate eight fighters of your choice. If a fighter was chosen I will ask you to nominate a new character.

The previous six winners, (Ryu, Armor King, Killik, Sol Badguy, Tiger Jackson, and Ky Kiske) are already in the showdown. I will also be picking a total of 10 more fighters to make it even, with 16 out of 128 total in the mix at the start.

So, without further ado, here are my choices:

Hugo (Street Fighter)
Billy Kane (King of Fighters)
Larcen Taylor (Eternal Champions)
Jon Talbain (Darkstalkers)
Watson (Battle Fantasia)
Spinal (Killer Instinct)
Arakune (Blazblue)
Duke B. Rambert (Battle Arena Toshinden)
Oddball (Thrill Kill)
Dandy-J (Waku Waku 7)

I intentionally picked an eclectic mix because I like dark horses in this showdown...and because you don't have to just stick with one game if you so choose.

Once we hit 128 we move on to the voting phase, happy nominating!

Noel Vermillion [Blazblue]
Nagi [Bloody Roar 4]
Uriko [Bloody Roar 3]
Unknown [Tekken Tag Tournament]
King [Tekken]
Pai Chan [Virtua Fighter]
Lau Chan [Virtua Fighter]
Shun Di [Virtua Fighter 2]

Metal king(Tekken)
Scorpion (MK)
Sub Zero (MK)
Vega(Street Fighter)
Guile ( street Fighter)
Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)
Chaos(Primal Rage)
Chung Li(Street Fighter)

Jam Kuradoberi (Guilty Gear)
Morrigan (Darkstalkers)
Lili (Tekken)
Siegfried (Soul Calibur)
Stryker (Mortal Kombat)
Charlie (Street Fighter Alpha)
Terry Bogart (King of Fighters)
Black Orchid (Killer Instinct)

I won't nominate since I'm not as deep into the fighters as I used to be, but I'll be voting again! Looking forward to a good showdown!

I would just say put up MK characters or something.

Oh, and Kingg, Metal King (which I am assuming is Armor King) is already in the showdown. I need a new pick.

Marshall Law (Tekken)
Forrest Law (Tekken)
Paul Phoenix (Tekken)
Akuma (Street Fighter)
Dragunov (Tekken)
Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
Dark Kahn (MK)
Talon (Primal Rage)

Oh fuck it.

Reptile [MK]
Mitrurugi [Soul Calibur (2, if it matters)]
Glacious [Killer Instinct]
Fulgore [Killer Instinct]
Kitana [MK]
Scarlet [MK]
Sonya [MK]
Sakura [Street Fighter]

Xianghua (Soul Calibur)
Cammy (Street Fighter)
Haggar (Final fight)
El Fuerte (Street Fighter)
Lei (tekken)
Sophitia (Soul Calibur)
Sabrewulf (Killer Instinct)
Yoshimitsu (Tekken)

LinksOcarina said:

Oh, and Kingg, Metal King (which I am assuming is Armor King) is already in the showdown. I need a new pick.
Damn it. Um your really putting me on the spot but I guess Ivy from soul calibur. Also longo you copied me with the Primal Rage one (God I miss that game)

kingg5 said:
LinksOcarina said:

Damn it. Um your really putting me on the spot but I guess Ivy from soul calibur. Also longo you copied me with the Primal Rage one (God I miss that game)
To be fair, I've done Talon for the last three years.

Longo_2_guns said:
kingg5 said:
LinksOcarina said:

To be fair, I've done Talon for the last three years.
Really? Never payed attention. Was really just joking.

Well, I should be back for a bit.

Want to point out to Matty that Killik is already in the showdown (as a previous winner) and that I need you to choose someone else.

And I hope we see more nominees soon.....

^ Apologies. Have edited my original post. It is now Xiaoyu (assuming that's spelt correctly!)

MattAY said:
^ Apologies. Have edited my original post. It is now Xiaoyu (assuming that's spelt correctly!)

Xiaoyu is from Tekken right? Or am I missin' somethin'? Or do you mean Xianghua from Soul Calibur?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod