The Fighter Character Battle, Year 4

Well hello there, GR people. Welcome to the four ever Fighter Character Battle! I figure, with the Final Fantasy showdown winding down, and the Comic Book showdown beginning with a strong following I hope. Last year 128 characters from various fighting genres duked it out with claws, paws, maws and mallets, and Kilik came out on top as the victor, joining the Armor King from Tekken and Ryu from Street Fighter in the winners circle.

This year, the rules are going to be revamped even further, because this year were doing something different.

Here are the current rules that you guys know and love (or hate, because I am a stickler for these rules.)

1. You guys will pick the combatants.

2. Some games that become fighter games will not be eligible. Games like Marvel VS. Capcom, Dragonball Z, Super Smash Bros, Mega Man VS, etc. that have liscenced characters that are not from an original fighter game, will not be allowed and if someone picks a combatant from the game, I will ask them to pick someone else. Also, "real" fighting games like UFC, WWE, Fire Pro Wrestling, etc. cannot participate, primarily because they are real athletes and real people fighting fantastical people, which would likely skew the voting in their favor. This is all based on the age old genre of fantastic characters in other worldly tournaments.

3. Some characters, like Ryu Hyuabasha, The Spartan Nicole, Link and Spawn from Soul Calibur, etc. Are also not eligible because they are not original fighter game characters.

Note: I am very strict about rules two and three, and every year a few people seem to skip them when nominating. If you are unsure, PM me first and I will do a sweep of the characters and the game to see if it is eligible. And if there is a problem still, work with me on changing the characters ok.

4. Characters with more than one persona may be eligible. For example, Jin Kazama and his persona known as Devil Jin, are eligible to participate as separate characters.

5. No M.U.G.E.N custom characters are allowed to participate in the showdown. It defeats the purpose of a VS Fighter Character Tournament if we include them, as they are mostly in the same realm as Spiderman, Megaman, etc. So please do not nominate M.U.G.E.N characters.

6. With a lot of the older fighting game series coming out with sequels, I will allow the new characters introduced in them to participate in the game (such as Hilde from Soul Calibur IV, Crimson Viper from Street Fighter, etc.). You can nominate them if you like.

Ok, now that the preliminary rules are here, lets get to the fun stuff. This year, were trying something experimental; were going to do a team tournament! Here are the rules for this aspect now.

7. Similar to how King of Fighters did teams, with some changes, each "team" will comprise of three fighters. The fighters can be from the same game, or three separate games, since you guys will be making the teams. Also if you like, give the team a name, it makes it more fun.

8. After the teams are created, we will begin with a weekly system, similar to Jokers game showdown, one member from each team will face off against another member from each team, and the W-L record will be tracked by me (and if anyone wants to help me co-host this, please ask. I might need it.)

9. A win will add 4 points to the teams score, a loss, 1 point. Ties now add 2 points to each team.

10. After the preliminary fighting is over, the top four teams get a bye to the second phase of the tourney, and the bottom four teams are totally eliminated. The remaining teams will fight based on their overall team ranking to join the other four teams who received their bye. Only four of these teams will make it.

11. The eight teams, which will be a total of 24 characters, will then fight each other in the final stage of this match, which I will reveal when we get to it.

So, I hope this makes sense, because I put a lot of thought into the rules. Because of the team structure, only 32 teams of 3 will be allowed, meaning spots will go quick this time around (I hope)Think long and hard about what team you want representing you.

And to make it an even thirty, because I know we don't have 30 people who would do this faithfully, two teams are determined already!

The first team will be our three winners, Ryu (Street Fighter) Armor King (Tekken) and Kilik (Soul Calibur) and are aptly named Team Winner.

The second team, the team i'm picking, includes John Talbain (Darkstalkers) Bad Mr. Frosty (Clay Fighter) and Robert Garcia (King of Fighters) and are named Team Underdog.

So thats two teams down. The nominations for teams will continue until August 24th (because I am going on a family vacation starting August 17th to the 24th) giving you guys ample time to nominate teams.

So let the teams start rolling in, and lets have a good fighter battle.

Team List

The Winners (Ryu, Armor King, Kilik)
The Underdogs (John Talbain, Bad Mr. Frosty, Robert Garcia)
Team SNKy (Kyo Kusanagi, Iori Yagami, Terry Bogart)
Team Samurai (Raphael, Mitsurugi, Yoshimitsu)
Team Paralyzer (Scorpion, Sol Badguy, Nightmare)
Team Mix Combat (Marshall Law, Steve Fox, Paul Phoenix)
Team Showdown (HahoMaru, Hanzo Hattori, Galford)
The Dark Hearts (Taven, Jimpachi, Havik)
The Demon Team (Shin Akuma, Ultra Rugal, Astaroth)
Team Mishima (Heihachi, Kazuya, Jin Kazama)
Super Alpha Turbo (M Bison, Sagat, Vega)
Blackstar's Angels (Kasumi, Ivy, Mai Shiranui)
Team Overkill (Hwoarang, Bryan Fury,Black Orchid)
Team Instinct (T.J. Combo, Glacius, Jago)
Team Hellfire (Raven, Prototype Jack, Ogre First Form)
Team Guilty (Ky Kiske, Jam Kuradoberi, Johnny)
Team Femine (Christie (Tekken), Sonya, Kira)
The MK Disasters (Dhramin, Chameleon, Reiko)
Blackstar's Angels 2: Full Throttle (Chun-Li, Christie (DOA), Candy Cane)
Team Grace (Asuka Kazama, Lei Fang, Talim)
Animals (Roger Jr. Panda, Kuma)

Hanzo Hattori (Samurai Showdown)
Mitsurugi (SoulCalibur)
Yoshimitsu (Tekken)

they will be known as Team Samurai.

EDIT: Sorry, I thought it was both teams and fighters.

But what if the only fighting games you like are Smash Bros and Marvel VS Capcom? lol

Ah well, guess I'll go with Street Fighter. And I'll pick 2 from MK so I'm not a SF hog

Ryu
Chun Li
M Bison
Vega
Blanka
Guile

Sub-Zero
Raiden

I didn't really get it Links, so I'm just going to make a team:

Team Paralyzer:
Scorpion (MK Series)
Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear Series)
Nightmare (Soul Calibur Series)

It will make sense when we start the actual fighting, I hope. It took me a week to design this system to make it as fair as I possibly can, and hopefully it works out. At the very least, experimenting with something new is always fun.

This is pretty strange, but I'll play along:

(Team Shodown)
Haohmaru
Ukyo
Galford

all hail from the SNK fighter, Samurai Shodown.

I'm not into some of the teams so If I can create one will be:

Demon Team or Team Oni:
Shin Akuma (Street Fighter series)
Ultra Rugal (King Of Fighters series)
Astaroth (Soul Calibur series)

Astaroth001 said:

Demon Team or Team Oni:
Nightmare (Soul Calibur series)

You'll need to re-select your third character, Nightmare's already in.

I'm sorry for not looking back in this thread. I suppose I'll do a SF team.

Team Super Alpha Turbo
Ryu
Ken
Chun-Li

And sorry for not reading the rules. I just read the first rule where it said I want you all to list 8 names from a fighter game, along with what fighter game they will be representing.

Tyrranis said:
Astaroth001 said:

Demon Team or Team Oni:
Nightmare (Soul Calibur series)

You'll need to re-select your third character, Nightmare's already in.

done, I changed it to Astaroth

GhostTrip said:
I'm sorry for not looking back in this thread. I suppose I'll do a SF team.

Team Super Alpha Turbo
Ryu
Ken
Chun-Li

And sorry for not reading the rules. I just read the first rule where it said I want you all to list 8 names from a fighter game, along with what fighter game they will be representing.

Yeah, I changed that.

also...Ryu is in already.

thetank said:
Team Mishima, anybody?

Kazuya Mishima (Tekken)
Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)
Jin Kazama (Tekken)
I thought about that, but then I found out about a team Paul and Law make with Steve in Tekken 6, and had to do that one.

BlackStar's Angels
Kasumi (Dead or Alive)
Ivy (Soul Calibur)
Mai Shiranui (King of Fighters)

You know, like Charlie's Angels...
<.<
What?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members