The condition of the boards.

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by White_Rabbit, Nov 26, 2005.

?

Do you think, as a whole, the GR posting community has started to let the boards slide?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Who cares? It's all about what makes [i]me[/i] happy. To hell with the GM's and how the forums look.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Rookie

The new boards are here. Same people, a few new faces.

So why is everything so ugly here? I don't mean layout, I mean the topics being made, polls being abused, and quality of posts. Look at miscellanous alone and look at how many polls there are, where no real question is even asked. A poll on Peter Griffin being lame or not? Double "u" tee eff. A "do you like me" poll?

Come on guys!

I know I say some no tpleasant things to people sometimes, but it's all in fun and I'm really not meaning it usually. I like to argue for the sake of arguing, yet I'm rarely mad or mean it. I know I could post topics to change the boards, and spend less time tearing apart DwTCs latest post. The thing is..So can you!

I say we stop posting pointless stuff, and get the boards back into a decent working order.

Who cares if you don't have your ranks? We don't need more topics on it.
    Who cares if someone flamed your boyfriend? No need to get pissy at every poster here.
    Who cares if TNO is a GM? News flash, he ASKED for it to help the site. Which is more than any of us are doing. Besides, it isn't like dUKE said "here you go, you're a GM without asking". So don't feel left out.
    Who cares if you're liked or not?

The polls are a privelege don't abuse it like you would abuse a red headed stepchild who just deleted all your David Hasselhoff pr0n.

Anothe rthing, don't think that the mods are slacking or the staff don't care enough about the boards, so you can have an easy out and say "if they didn't let them turn to this". The staff are busy as hell right now and the mods have more of a life than alot of us. They have school(university mind you, not high school), jobs and other matters to tend to.

The new forums aren't just for us. Be considerate and keep in mind that Game Revolution, even if using a bolt site, is still a professional gaming site. I'm not saying we need to start speaking like senior english professors, just saying for every spam topic let's try and make one decent one. Surely we couldn't have run out of good things to discuss?

At any rate...I'm going to go get dressed and see if I can find some more David Hasselhoff pr0n...Hmm..Him and a Twi'Lek...Now that is hot.

PS. Grey owns me. :(

2. Grey

Grey Rookie

No its not, we're still in Beta.

I noticed a few people left, thankfully it was some of the less desirable posters. :x (No naming.) A lot of new faces, most of them similar to the typical GameFAQS poster, which makes me think about leaving even more. I might just give up here and stay at HerV, I already left SRK for reasons which are starting to show up here.

SRK flashbacks. ; ; Im hoping hte gimmick wears off and people realise how pointless it is to abuse the polls, but their's a good chance it won't sink in.

Come on guys!

Personally I think its been needing that long before the board switch. :|

Not me!

Not me!

Not me!

Gnomes stole my socks!

That's...nasty.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spoken like a true Presidential candidate, WR
    I haven't posted as much anymore because, frankly, I don't like these boardsas much anymore. :cry:

4. piracer

piracer Rookie

well said white rabbit, i just think cos of the beta, ppl are stil lllike, lets screw around and well, not be so cool in the boards. watever tho, this is gr, i love her, but yet, it is a bit of an embaressement in wat she has become. but, ive been here to long to leave her.

5. link56

link56 Rookie

Personally, I've been liking it a little more. I feel like one of the elites now that all these n00bs are here. Sure, my posts haven't improved but still...n00bs...

*goes to drink a 40 with Slickbenjamn*

6. Blue_Frog

Blue_Frog Rookie

As long as we have posters like you White Rabbit, I'll keep coming here. Maybe the quality in topics have deminished since the board moved into it's new home, but the same posters I like are here so it's all good when your in the hood brotha! :p

7. Typewriter

Typewriter Rookie

Wait...you're not talking about me, are you?

8. monkeygoat

monkeygoat Rookie

He most definatly is.

9. bob_marley

bob_marley Rookie

I wholeheartedly agree. Btw disregard my poll :twisted: :D

10. Kool_Aide_Man

Kool_Aide_Man Rookie

Some of the posts do piss me off, like the bullsh!t polls " What do you think of Peter Griffin!!!!111 LOLZ", but, call me a n00b or whatever, i wasn't here for the old GR and everyone talks about it like it was the best. What was so good about it, because i don't see any problems in this new site. So what did the old GR have that this new one doesn't?

11. MrHimashi

MrHimashi Rookie

I think if SK came back everything would be ok

12. downwitdaclown69

Gr is dying a pain death IMO.

Colin i wuv you....tear this post apart as much as you wish.

13. Optimus_Crime

Optimus_Crime Rookie

lol

This is the process that's been keeping the GR forum active for years now, this very same thing.

It's great, it slows, it starts to suck, some people start fighting back (in their own ways ;)), the boards calm down until a Rauno stops by, and soon we have the rebirth.

it's not new, I just don't know how many of us picked up on that.

I don't get why you guys don't like Jared. What's the point in hating someone you know...okay, then what's the point in hating someone you obviously don't know (or will ever see) like Jared. I don't know where you find the enthusiasm to waste, but then I remember that most of you guys are teens, mostly younger teens at that. The oldies are few and far between.
    People are leaving. I left many times, but I always came back. Will people leave and return now that the boards have changed, time will tell. But this is to be forgotten, the boards don't really deserve a Wiki as they're not up to standards yet. These are the early days--the "next-gen" boards, whoever stays from here on out is truly old school.

I didn't vote because it doesn't really matter what shape the boards are in right now, this is a process and so are these topics.

I do think that anyone making a Gamepost Wiki would be wise to include some details on the old boards, it's those same details we're missing now.

14. Typewriter

Typewriter Rookie

^ Optimus_Crime, I officially look up to you as my superior on these boards.

15. kmg0

kmg0 Rookie

Well it doesn't matter to me. I'm still hated and such to some but it's not baddd. I think GR is the most creative forum I've seen from Gamespot to YTMND and others. I like it here! And I won't leave! :)

16. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Rookie

Optimus the boards being shite isn't new...But for this extended period of a time it kind of is from my recollection. It's been in a steady rut for quite some time, seems worse with the new layout. I'm just trying to remind people to smarten up and not abuse their priveleges is all :).

Stephen, I can't tear that post apart. I wuv you too. I just said wuv and I feel dirty...

17. incognito

incognito Rookie

WHAT THE FUCK?!?!

TNO IS A GM!?!

18. masterchris

masterchris Rookie

^ Temp GM

This is why we didn't have polls on the old Gamepost, and also why I was so set against it whenever the topic came up in Covert Ops (omg, non-hummingbird stuff in CO, wtf!?). No offense, but some of you guys just can't be trusted with it.

Best advice I've heard in a while.

19. roaring_raven

roaring_raven Rookie

The forum is going through bad phase.Relax it'll be allright soon.

20. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Rookie

Oh I'm relaxed.

I've been here for four years. I know a bad phase...This one is just more annoying than the others so I'm making a nice little reminder topic that we shouldn't let them get *too* bad is all.