How hot is it? (or, you know,post some pictures of children)

Paradox

Soaring Phoenix
Having your home A/C go out during a Texas summer. So awesome. Like I need something else to stress about.

So now you live in your car, and your engine is just an overpowered generator?

Because that's what i did on one 43 degree day when the power failed in my area. Sat in my car with my air-con on and a 12>240v inverter with my gaming laptop plugged in.
Used 11L of petrol that day.

...It's 8 degree Celsius here in the bay area... And ti's gonna be a little colder this monday

F*** you texas!

No AC at my place. It was 33 today (whatever the hell that is in Fahrenheit). If I ever can't sleep because it's too damn hot I run the cold water in the shower, put an air mattress on the floor and sleep in the bathroom. It does the job, and I don't pay for water.

110 yesterday and the day before, still hot today, my battery was dead this morning in my car; 87$ for a new one. Heat kills.

2 Months of no AC electric bill: 12 dollars. 1 month w/ AC on: 129.88$

fuck.

Our air conditioning went out last summer. And a Fresno summer isn't that different. So I know your pain.

Oh man, last year I lived in the heart of Brooklyn during that scorcher of a summer where straight days of 110 degree weather were quite the norm, coupled with insane humidity. I remember buying three cheap fans and triangulating a vortex of air gusts to cool me off. Didn't work that well.

Glad to say that a year later I live in a very nice co-op building with centralized ac that I currently have adjusted to 68 mild degrees.

used44 said:
Air......? Conditioning???

ha, anyone in their right mind would rather live in sweltering heat than be an eskimo, even Canadians mock Alaska folk, that's sad

it's above seasonal here as well, 33 C, which is pretty warm given our location. I can just imagine the rank smell in texas though, the brutal heat mixed with the highest obesity percentage, it's got to be a giant pool of swamp ass down there

WickedLiquid said:
No AC at my place. It was 33 today (whatever the hell that is in Fahrenheit). If I ever can't sleep because it's too damn hot I run the cold water in the shower, put an air mattress on the floor and sleep in the bathroom. It does the job, and I don't pay for water.

Hey Canadian. Gonna share an awesome heat conquering trick ive come up with since youre Canadian.

Have a shower. First, prepare a large glass ive icy cold as cold water. Set by shower.

Have shower. Once ready to get out ease water down to cold, one step at a time
cooling down your externals.

When nice and chilled. Get out of shower and immediately chug that large glass of ice water.

Youll be worrying about getting warm for the next hour not staying cool.

Been doing this once a day for the past week or two in this dumb hot weather. I HATE the heat. I chose to be born in Canada because everyone was all on about igloos and hockey every day of the year. All i got was this shitty humidity and heat.

And im not environmentalist by any means. But even i couldnt let the shower run all night.

Apologies for cell phone typos. Too hard to fix

I've got AC which is pretty key, but it doesn't help because it's in the main room, and the cold from the AC is no match against the heat from 3 enormous windows with brown curtains (the ONLY thing my mom helped out with was picking brown fucking curtains. Seriously? Brown?), so the night is pretty brutal.

I just wet a blanket and keep a fan on me, and I have a great sleep.

Rakon said:
I've got AC which is pretty key, but it doesn't help because it's in the main room, and the cold from the AC is no match against the heat from 3 enormous windows with brown curtains (the ONLY thing my mom helped out with was picking brown f****** curtains. Seriously? Brown?), so the night is pretty brutal.

I just wet a blanket and keep a fan on me, and I have a great sleep.

you wet a blanket?

intoTheRain said:
WickedLiquid said:

Hey Canadian. Gonna share an awesome heat conquering trick ive come up with since youre Canadian.

Have a shower. First, prepare a large glass ive icy cold as cold water. Set by shower.

Have shower. Once ready to get out ease water down to cold, one step at a time
cooling down your externals.

When nice and chilled. Get out of shower and immediately chug that large glass of ice water.

Youll be worrying about getting warm for the next hour not staying cool.

Been doing this once a day for the past week or two in this dumb hot weather. I HATE the heat. I chose to be born in Canada because everyone was all on about igloos and hockey every day of the year. All i got was this shitty humidity and heat.

And im not environmentalist by any means. But even i couldnt let the shower run all night.

Apologies for cell phone typos. Too hard to fix

I tried this and it worked! THE INTERNET HELPED ME! 8) 8) 8)

How aboot that eh? Thanks pal, you're a good friend, buddy.

Its about 18*c here, i think thats the perfect temp.... If only it wasnt raining though. When it even gets to 25 i am crawling on the floor from exhaustion. Dont know how people live in tht heat

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle