THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

Ok, here's the facts. If you don't care about the NCAA Men's Football National Championship Game that starts tomorrow night at 7pm CST at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California then you are probably a couple of things. Number one being a homo. Number two being Canadian. Three, probably not destined to go to college. Four would be a hockey fan.

For this rest of us, this is a topic solely about that subject. Sit back hater, let Daddy Stal learn you a few things. Trust me, it will make girls like you.

The Number One Ranked Alabama Crimson Tide (yes, this is their nickname and I guess mascot)? will face the Number Two Ranked University of Texas Longhorns (again, slightly phallic, but hey this is football!).

If you are an idiot you think that Alabama is going to run away and hide on Texas and that Colt McCoy (I defy you to find a better name for a Quarterback from Texas) and his burnt orange brosephes shouldn't have even gotten on the plane headed from Austin to sunny California. The reason you think this is because ESPN, Sports Illustrated, USA Today and several other media outlets have crowned SEC football the "BEST CONFERENCE IN THE WORLD" and every other conference is awful. If they had it their way, Notre Dame, USC, Utah, Boise State and sometimes TCU would also be playing in the SEC so they would never have to talk about any other Men's Division 1 College football team ever again.( Want proof? Here ya go That is thinly veiled tongue in cheek provided by big 12 Alum Pat Forde... what a tool.)

But there is a problem with that. Probably because it is retarded. While Alabama is ranked 1 in the BCS Standings they are only ranked so because they trounced a highly over-hyped Florida team that was riding the Tim Tebow train until he ran out of Jesus Juice because he used it all to subdue the poor little African kids last summer before whacking off the tips of their wieners. Don't believe me? Well, you , son, have some googling to do. Regardless, Alabama hasn't dominated their conference. Sure, they went unbeaten, but so did Cincy and you saw what FLA did to them, right? Probably not. All I'm saying is that there were two teams, Tennessee and Auburn, who gave Alabama a run for their money and nobody seems to be talking about it. I wonder why? Oh yeah, because the Crucified Jesus a few weeks ago.

And not only did they nail the holy Tebow to the tree, on the same night the Number 2 ranked Texas Longhorns Men's football team sat in a giant stadium in Dallas and watched some boy named Suh tear up their offensive line and make McCoy look like a rag doll. And how did that shell shocked team respond? They won the fucking game. But Mike, sir, they were suppose to win that game! Oh fuck you, Alabama would have been in the same boat. Nebraska's Defense was unstoppable. Probably the most underrated defense in the country. Now ask me why that is? Go ahead. I'll wait. Oh, you would like to know why Nebraska was so underrated? BECAUSE THEY AREN'T IN THE SEC! Also, I can promise you if Alabama was hit in the mouth like Nebraska hit Texas, they probably wouldn't have recovered. Their QB doesn't have the experience or the talent.

Now, Texas isn't without their chinks in the armor. I'd say Texas has issues along its offensive line and Bama has a fantastically speedy and pushing defense. Texas also has a very miniature run game when compared to Alabama, however Colt McCoy might be a better all around QB than Vince Young, and remember what he did to USC a few years ago? Boy, I do. That was also the team Texas wasn't suppose to beat. With Colts talent and smarts and Texas' kicky fast receiving corps lead by my personal man crush Jordan Shipley; I see the advantage going to Texas. It might be the only spot where they edge each other out a bit, WR and DB play on either side of the ball... except Bama doesn't throw.

The biggest disparity lies in special teams. And this is something I am wondering why ESPN won't tell me over and over like they have about how Colt and Jordan are roommates and Ingram's daddy be all up in "jail 'n shit". I thought they did sports analysis, but I might be wrong.

Alabama's kick and punt coverage SUCKS. Seriously. It blows. This is from before the season. Guess what, nothing has changed. It still sucks. And Texas has two of the best if not THE BEST kick returners in the country in DJ Monroe and J. Shipley. This is where I think Texas wins the game. I think 'Bama is forced to punt late and old Jordan, Mr. Colt's Roommate, takes it 60 yards to the house for a final score of 17-0.

That's it. That is my prediction.

TEXAS 17
ALABAMA 0

BOOOOM!

um, excuse me. the all-important gmac bowl is first. li'l respect, plz.

btw I have Texas winning 35-27 to cap my awesome GR fantasy bowl pick'em win! o, and colt mccoy is going to lead the houston texans to 7 super bowls.

My predictions:
-Colt throws one Pick-Six.
-Texas misses an extra point, whether blocked or wide
-Alabama fumbles on a kick off return.
-Texas can't stop Ingram

Texas 22
Alabama 30

Trippy, if Texas can't stop Ingram I'll eat my hat.

Also, if Colt McCoy is drafted by the Houston Texans I'd probably get season tickets.

Up the street and around the corner. When driving Texas a map sure helps, or you could just approximate the townies' colors to the local football team to figure out your locale.

"Nice little restaurant. Decked out in maroon and white. We must be near Aggie country (College Station).... now where's 35 north."

it's always cool to see.

anyways 45 - 17 Alabama

My money is on Texas in a squeaker.

At least, thats what my brother bet on, and I watch College Basketball over football anyway.

I'm reason number 2.

And four.

But I just don't care for college football. Or basketball for that matter.

College football needs a playoff, until then there really never is a real champion.

Texas will probably win this game.

BigZell2020 said:
College football needs a playoff, until then there really never is a real champion.

Dude, did you watch Cincy against Florida? TCU and BSU?

There weren't teams who could touch the top 3 teams this year. I agree with the playoff desire, I have it too, however these are your two best teams this year. This is a Championship game.

BigZell2020 said:

And people will still gripe, saying such-and-such deserved to be in the playoffs, or such-and-such team was still actually better even though it lost, or the championship should feature such-and-such versus such-and-such. If there's one thing sports fans know how to do it is gripe.

Personally, keep the BCS. Any system that continually inspires hatred and wishes that it "breaks" by putting teams that don't belong in the national championship game and then breaks all those wishes is fine by me. It's more entertaining, and here's why.

The BCS is like this really hot woman that holds this contest for many guys and selects two to have a threesome with her. Even the pimply outcasts like TCU have a shot. And every contest she gets viewers' hopes up that she'll pick one of those pimply outcasts and ruin what would be an awesome threesome with two dynamo guys who have "high-powered offenses" and "stout defenses." Except the viewers never get to see the BCS cringe when she mistakenly picks that pimply outcast. She instead often settles for two worthy guys, perhaps one who's not the most well-endowed. Everyone thinks she should just give way to a much sexier woman who knows how to make decisions by letting the pimply outcasts fight to the death in a playoff with the more well-endowed men so she can be fully satisfied in the end with one true champion atop her. The removal of luck from the sexier woman's selections would just make it less entertaining over the long-run because pimply men, generally speaking, are usually crushed by the "stout defense."

Also, I'm wearing my 'Don't Mess with Texas' shirt for the game tonight, which means an automatic Longhorns win.

Just to provide a counter-point:

ROLL TIDE!

Seriously, I don't really care about this game. The Gators aren't playing for the championship, so things are down right peachy as far as I'm concerned.

The thing is though Ted...people can still gripe about who that last team in the playoffs should be, but an 8 or 16 team playoff would eliminate the scenario where a team goes undefeated and still has no shot at a national championship since there are only ever a handful of teams who do that. So at least you can always tell those baby fans crying about how their team didn't get that 8th playoff spot "hey if you won all of your games you would have made the playoffs and had a shot."

I like what i heard on the Dan Patrick Show yesterday. It was suggested that since Obama has already said he wants a playoff he should make a stand and invite Boise State to the White House along with the winner of the Texas v Alabama game.

BTW...Alabama wins this game by 10 24-14

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod