Rose Bowl

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by The_Joker, Dec 3, 2005.

?

Who are you rooting for in the Rose Bowl?

1. Southern California Trojans, and I predict they win

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Southern California Trojans, but I predict they lose

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Texas Longhorns, and I predict they win

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Texas Longhorns, but I predict they lose

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. The_Joker

The_Joker Rookie

Alright, with Texas routing Colorado and USC routing UCLA today, the Rose Bowl appears to be set. So, who's interested in seeing who will take home the national championship this year? And of course there are many other bowl games of interest. I won't ever be able to really get into college until they fix the BCS, but it's fun to watch.

So, discuss the end of the college football season! I think USC wins it all again in a shootout, Bush wins the Heisman and is player of the game in the Rose Bowl, and Penn State beats either VaTech or Notre Dame, whoever they have to play, to be recognized as 3rd best in the nation!

2. Simsy

Simsy Rookie

Trojans all the way!!!

What is the Rose Bowl?

3. The_Joker

The_Joker Rookie

Well, I don't totally understand the college football system myself, but this year the Rose Bowl is the championship game for college football. The #1 team (USC) takes on the #2 team (Texas) and the winner is declared best in the nation. Every year, for reasons I don't understand, the championship game switches bowls. Some year it's the Orange Bowl, others it's the Fiesta Bowl, etc.

The system is flawed because the #3 and below teams don't have a chance at the championship, EVEN if they went undefeated and played the best they possibly could have.

4. link56

link56 Rookie

Lol, PENN STATE!!

But, no matter how this game ends up, I have to say I underestimated both Texas and USC. I had no idea these two games would turn out like this. After today, I can easily say these are two of the best teams to ever play college football and this National Championship will rival the one played by Miami and Ohio State as the best of all time.

With that said, I'm gonna go with USC. Ask me just 3 days ago, I would've said "Texas, by a long shot" but after today, seeing Reggie Bush run all over a good team, I can definately see USC winning. But it will certainly be a shoot out.

BUSH FOR HEISMAN!

5. yorky

yorky Regular

Utes all the way! That is unless I attend BYU. The University of Utah is much more probable, though.

6. piracer

piracer Rookie

wat the hell is the rose bowl?

7. link56

link56 Rookie

If you don't know what the we're talking about, don't reply. It should be pretty obvious after the Joker's post.

8. FallingEastward

I believe it's quite certain that it's a game in which two teams compete to fill a big bowl with flowers and the first team to do it wins...and by flowers I mean footballs and by bowl I mean players and by fill bowl I meant to score touchdowns.

9. MikeyVassallo

MikeyVassallo Rookie

It will be the USC Trojans and the Texas Longhorns. I just got back from the Big 12 Championship today and let me tell you staying for a full 70-3 victory was WAY BORING.

Honestly I think the Rose Bowl will be close but Texas will eek out the win.

I have to say that. Texas is my school :)

10. The_Joker

The_Joker Rookie

Especially with the starters getting pulling halfway through the 3rd (and if memory serves, no points scored after that)

How about VaTech? Vick isn't ready to play with the big boys after all.

11. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

How can you guys predict "shootout" ?

Both offenses are amazingly productive, but so are both defenses. It may be highscoring, but I don't think it will neccessarily be a walk for either offense.

I'm going with Texas, simply because I think they will cause more turnovers than USC.

God, it's going to be good, though.

12. The_Joker

The_Joker Rookie

Well, inbetween Leinart and Bush, I gotta believe the trojans will find some way to put up serious points. Texas isn't quite AS multi dimension as USC, but USC has given up alot of points this year. The defense isn't quite was it used to be. They gave up 42 points to what appears to be a average Fresno State team.

13. Jormungand86

Jormungand86 Rookie

you forgot to add a choice for people who don't give a crap about NFL, let alone american college football. or maybe i just won't post. but i think i will, just to spite you.

YOU HAVE BEEN SPITED/SPITTEN!

14. kapow

kapow Rookie

looooooonghorns!

i normally dont like texas but i never like usc

15. MikeyVassallo

MikeyVassallo Rookie

TEXAS FIGHT!

I now have to be annoying in this topic until Jan 4.

TEXAS TEXAS YEEHAWW!

16. The_Joker

The_Joker Rookie

Alright, looks like the Orange Bowl is Penn State VS. Florida State, The Sugar Bowl is Ohio State VS. Notre Dame, and the Fiesta Bowl is Georgia VS. West Virginia. Not too bad.

Go Penn State, Notre Dame, and Georgia!

17. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Oregon got the shaft. Oh well.

18. The_Joker

The_Joker Rookie

Damn. As a resident of the Northwest I might have been rooting for Oregon...

Oh well...

19. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah. I'm a Pac 10 fanboy. The BCS seems to think that the only Pac 10 team that can draw good ratings is USC. Such a flawed system.

20. MikeyVassallo

MikeyVassallo Rookie

I was ALWAYS a big PAC 10 fanboy. I loved going to the Apple Cup years ago. But Texas Football this year is way too exciting (Hell it was exciting last year and it will be exciting in the years to come) So I can't pull away from my boys.

USC is GREAT, but I think Texas can hedge out a victory.

TEXAS TEXAS YEEHAWW!