Official GR Anti-KidZone Topic

God it's great having a surplus of expendable income to not waste on some brat who wouldn't be thankful for any of it until I'm long dead and buried in the ground.

Hey, you want something? Well save up for it. Nah, fuck that, just buy it now, because it's not like you have a litter of mini-assholes to feed at the house! Hell yeah! *high five!*

Traveling, going out on expensive dates, coming home whenever I damn well please, not having to deal with the headaches that only a sweet child brings (blecch!).

This topic is for you, the guy that says to hell with having children, there's enough of those assholes running around as it is. Or maybe you're the "one day, but not right now" type, and that's perfectly understandable and respected.

One awesome problem I ran into being single the other day was I was going uptown looking for a place for a really nice chicago style pan pizza. It was totally out of my way but I went anyway. Took some friends, we had a great time and i'm glad I finally found a place in dallas that has a great chicago style pizza. Guess what? Not one call from the brats telling me they have a project due tomorrow or they need a ride to the "big soccer game" or any of that nonsense. Just pure bliss. Welp, gotta go for now. I'm saving up to buy a fucking yacht, but not for some brat!

One day, but not right now - that's me. I kind of like the thought of being there for a child though - especially my own. And without having one, I dont think we can understand the feeling of what having spawn feels like!
Hell, I have a dog and I'm attached to it. If I were to have a child I'd imagine it's 10 times more attachment!

The only reason I dont want one now is because I'd like to be more financially stable. More money so I can comfortably bring up a child rather than struggle to make the next bill payment, so little Matty has to settle for clothes from the charity shop again.

I like my freedom though. I think the one thing I'm not taking for granted is lie-ins. When you have kids, you wont get a lie-in again for 18 years! Sleep the good sleep people!

I actually have two cats. I used to be away from home alot so I figured they wouldn't get lonely with another cat around. Which is also why i wouldn't want to have kids. Plus my friends with kids all envy me.

And while my cats are never lonely all they ever do is brawl.

Longo_2_guns said:
I don't even have a job.
l.jpg

I hate you Chris. Your first paragraph made me hate you. Reminding me of all the shit I didn't do when I had no kid.

Take heed good fellows! Do not put off your plans to travel and live life to the fullest while you have your looks (some of you), charm (perhaps even less of you) and disposable income (hopefully most of you!)

I don't have any children, I'm certainly not ready for it. I'd like to have a kid or two one day, but definitely not now considering I'm only twenty six.

I'm sure there are a lot of joys to having children, but I can see how it might make things a bit harder. I'm grateful my parents managed to put up with me and two older brothers while we all grew up.

Girlfriend and I both agree to never marry and never have kids. It works out perfectly. We live a very equal relationship. We both get a loving relationship the rest of our lives and we never have children or big daddy government with unjust laws interfering with our personal lives.

Ive known enough men and women in my life to know marriage and kids are for the most part bad news and does not in any way really fix your problems. It only creates new ones.

As a father, I am quick to tell people that kids are not for everyone. Some people think it's part of some natural progression as they get older. You need to meet someone, settle down, and start popping out some kids. And it just isn't true.

Some people aren't mature enough, some people are too selfish, some people don't want to change their lifestyle. Some people might not be any of those things and just don't want any. Any of those are valid reasons to not have kids because when a couple has a kid out of some pressure related reason like one partner wants one real bad and the other is just going along with it to make them happy, or maybe pressure from the parents who want grandkids someday, the one that suffers the most is that kid.

Having kids is a sacrifice. Not just that yacht or your free time but even little things. Just yesterday I made a kick ass sandwich and out of nowhere my son pops in the room, sees it, and gives me the puppy dog eyes and asks if I will share with him. So I give him half. His face lights up and he runs out the room. Seconds later, my daughter comes running in the kitchen cause she saw him and shes jumping around saying "me too!" so I give her the other half, sigh and start all over again making another. My kids will always eat before I do even if that means I don't get to eat. That's just part of being a parent to me.

And hopefully when I'm old and gray they'll sacrifice a bit too and let me live with one of them and not put me in a shitty nursing home. =P

Not to get too sappy, but my kids are the best thing to ever happen in my life. I knew pretty early on that I eventually wanted to settle down and have kids and it's worked out great so far.

But if you have even the slightest doubts about starting a family, then don't. Wait till you are ready even if that day never comes. You'll be happier that you did.

Thanks, Longo. Glad you don't have kids. ;)

Please don't bring your "what being a parent should mean to you" bullshit in here, because the people in here chose not to be parents.
You're definitely looking for that other thread. The whole point of this thread is a celebration of not having kids. Yes, celebration.

Because you see, this is the ANTI-KidZone, and everything bout a stanky ass kid, we don't give a fuck. You can deal with that little dickface all you want. They beg, they want, not just any want but the newest and most expensive of wants, and they sit in your house until they're old. Your marriage becomes secondary to your children's happiness. And for what? So they don't put you in a house? How about saving the money you didn't spend on those brats and buying your own, with your own on-call nurse?

Our local news ran a bit about how a local fancy restaurant had a no kids under 16 rule. They wanted it to be a quiet romantic lounge environment that a couple could go to get away from their kids for a romantic night. They then interviewed a bunch of grouchy mothers who cried that its discrimination that they cant eat there and blah blah blah.

I approve of a businesses creating a no children environment.

Yes, I'm celebrating that there are some people who are self aware enough to know that, for them, having kids is not a good idea for any number of reasons.

It's been my experience though that this is a attitude that younger people usually have that changes dramatically over time, especially if they meet a special someone that they would like to spend the rest of their life with along the way.

A lot of you are still 20 somethings. As that turns into 30 somethings, that mindset sometimes changes.

Then again, there are some people that never change. I know a guy who is 65, never got married, never had any kids. He's got more money then he knows what to do with. He got to retire early and basically gets up every day and does what he wants when he wants. If that is the kind of life you aspire to, there is nothing wrong with that either.

I agree with C_nate, again I'm not a father myself but I do agree that "kids aren't for everyone". The reason I say this is because, as horrible as this will sound of me, I know a lot of people who shouldn't have had kids to begin with.

I know one girl for example who is unemployed, lives off government funds, has a four year old and is going to have twins soon, and she's not even twenty five yet (with two separate fathers). I also know another girl who has four kids and her partner only works a full time retail job while she herself is unemployed. To me, that just sounds very hard.

It is horrible of me to say these things and I do feel like a douche but I guess to be fair and look on the brighter side, these people do love their kids and would do whatever it takes to look after them, but I can't imagine how hard it must be sometimes.

I don't know when I'll be ready for kids, let alone "if" to be honest. We'll see how it plans out. Everyone's different I guess and lead to different circumstances.

My roommates sister in law(Divorced) has 6 kids. She is unemployed, lives off of only government funds and child support. She literally wont get off of her couch. She makes her kids(Ages 6-14) be her slaves, makes them cook and clean the whole house.

And then her kids were about to be expelled from school because she wont get off her ass and drive them to school. My roommate intervened and started taking his nephews to school but damn she still didn't even feel bad about it. She thought what she was doing was perfectly ok.

I hated knowing that worthless bitch.

C_nate said:
Then again, there are some people that never change. I know a guy who is 65, never got married, never had any kids. He's got more money then he knows what to do with. He got to retire early and basically gets up every day and does what he wants when he wants. If that is the kind of life you aspire to, there is nothing wrong with that either.

Yeah, that's more like it. Let's hear more about that guy.

I always wonder the motive of parents who ask non-parents questions like, "Well don't you want to start a family?" Me + my lady = my family. "What about children?" We don't want any. And if we did, there's a ton down at the orphanage.

I wish I could ask them why didn't they just adopt instead of being so selfish in the first place, but that may come off as rude, though their queries into our thoughts on children somehow doesn't?

Yeah bro, anti-kid. Those parents who sit on their asses all day long and do not do not belong in this thread by definition. Those are parents.

which begs the question:
Why am I getting so much parent vibe in here?

Tell me something you're doing right now, even if it's sitting at home playing Titanfall Beta on PC all day long (and if so, could you please PM me a key!), something you couldn't be doing if it were for one of those rugrats buggin' ya'!

Or we can just talk about bad parents and would be parents and those who will blah blah blah parents parents kids parents

I can see myself having kids sometime when i get my life in order but right now I hate the little bastards when I'm on a date or hell even going to church all i hear is crying and thats not that part the really irritates me its the parents that don't do anything about they crying makes me wonder if they even care

Optimus-Crime said:
C_nate said:

Yeah, that's more like it. Let's hear more about that guy.

I always wonder the motive of parents who ask non-parents questions like, "Well don't you want to start a family?" Me + my lady = my family. "What about children?" We don't want any. And if we did, there's a ton down at the orphanage.

I wish I could ask them why didn't they just adopt instead of being so selfish in the first place, but that may come off as rude, though their queries into our thoughts on children somehow doesn't?

Yeah bro, anti-kid. Those parents who sit on their asses all day long and do not do not belong in this thread by definition. Those are parents.

which begs the question:
Why am I getting so much parent vibe in here?

Tell me something you're doing right now, even if it's sitting at home playing Titanfall Beta on PC all day long (and if so, could you please PM me a key!), something you couldn't be doing if it were for one of those rugrats buggin' ya'!

Or we can just talk about bad parents and would be parents and those who will blah blah blah parents parents kids parents

To be honest, part of me is envious of that guy. The other part of me feels sorry for him.

There is nothing wrong with not wanting kids, but going so far as to say you are anti-kid is kinda harsh. You were a kid once yourself as were we all. If your parents had the same attitude as you, you would not be sitting there today and imagine how much more dull this forum would be because of it.

But since this thread has now been deemed a parent free zone as well, I guess I'll move along. But before I do, I'll throw you a bone and tell you the number one thing having kids interferes with since you asked to tell you something you couldn't be doing with kids bugging you.

Having young kids around really messes with your love life. No more spontaneous, spur of the moment action in the living room, no more loud marathon sessions (well, not never but few and far between) Foreplay becomes, "Are the kids sleeping? Ok, hurry up before one of them wakes up." And make no mistake, they have like a 6th sense when it comes to that. You can put on Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 for the 10th time and try to sneak away while they are distracted but then they notice you aren't in the room and go looking for you. Next thing you know they are knocking on the door and telling you to come out and you tell them go sit down, you'll be right there and you try to get back to business but now your concentration is thrown off and you tell your spouse, "fuck it, we'll try again later". Fun!

It's like when you were younger still at home when you brought a girl to your room and tried to sneak a quickie in before your mom got suspicious and started coming to your room every few minuets to check on you.

Anyway, back to you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod