Halloween!

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Anyone have any plans, or any costumes you'll be wearing?

We're still looking for a costume for my daughter, tough to find anything in her size. I don't think we have any plans anyway though. Just take her around to her grandparents houses and possibly get some photos taken.

I have to work, unfortunately. That's okay though, because The week after is when I take my paid vacation.

I've realized that I have few positive Halloween memories, and decided that I need to make some. I haven't planned anything so far, but I hope I do.

And by the way used, is Halloween in Alaska anything like I'd think it'd be? :p

De-Ting said:
And by the way used, is Halloween in Alaska anything like I'd think it'd be? :p

What do you mean?

Often, there's not even snow on the ground yet. The biggest difference is probably that kids start trick-or-treating earlier as it gets very dark in the evenings. If there is snow, you see most kids being driven from neighborhood to neighborhood by their parents, which is probably different than the lower 48. And kids will dress for warmth over or under their costumes, which can be funny.

But last year, like several other times during my childhood, there wasn't any snow and we would just run around the town like normal.

GF and I were thinking of going as Rogue snd Gambit. But this all depends on if I can find the right contacts in time with black eyes and red pupils.

Our first choice was Pyramid Head and a Silent Hill nurse but the costumes were waaaay too expensive.

If worst comes to worst we'll probably just be generic zombies.

Dude, shabby make it yourself costumes made from duck tape and carboard are always amazing. Being budget Silent Hill characters would be awesome.

I'm reusing my Warriors costume from a few years back.

No idea what I'm gonna do for Halloween itself though.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Dude, shabby make it yourself costumes made from duck tape and carboard are always amazing. Being budget Silent Hill characters would be awesome.
Yep.

Near Hallowe'en, there's usually a thing called the Parade of Lost Souls that happens downtown, and it's had various incarnations from full out street festivals to back alley walks where residents create displays in their backyards for people to see. It's pretty awesome, and last time I went, I dressed up as... I'm not sure. Something undead. That's always what last minute costumes end up being... I don't need to do much to become an undead pirate ninja.

Two years ago, I think, I was (literary) Romanticism. I wore this green dress with leaves on wire in my hair, and half my face/limbs was all smokey and black. I had literature on me, and I was wearing a bottle around my neck that was tincture of opium.

My friend is probably coming over this year, and we'll just have a party by ourselves, decorate, give out candy, dress up, watch some Tim Burton film, and drink drinking chocolate. I love decorating... We have this area in front of our house that's perfect -- we have a gate, walkway, the front area, and we put tarp up around it, get the strobe light going, black lights, dry ice, and my favourite part is putting up the spiderwebby cottony stuffs.

I wanted to dress up as Hornygirl from Baroque. Nothing really distinct enough to bring out, though. Somebody find a costume for me! Can I hijack this thread to be about matching people up with costumes? :p

Bretimus_v2 said:

I know but I suck at making costumes. I went as The Hulk two years ago and I looked like the retarded Ninja Turtle ice cream...

retarded-ninja-turtle-p-1lqd.jpg

Halloween is a great time of year.Although this will be my first Halloween in Canada and I'm not sure if I'll see the streets full of women dressed up as sexy school girls and sexy nurses.

If not I'll just go visit Chris and we can hit the streets dressed up like Bert and Ernie.

Hahaha, you should have a GR video game dress up contest amongst your writers and have the readers vote on the best.

My money is that Keri has full N7 armor, so I bet she'd win.

BlackStar said:
If not I'll just go visit Chris and we can hit the streets dressed up like Bert and Ernie.

forum_new.gif

Rubber ducky, you're the one
You make bath times lots of fun
When I bust my gat, mother fuckers take dirt naps
I'm all that and a dime sack... where the paper at?

forum_old.gif

PBS is where I learned the rap game.

It will be another year of nothing for me, so you guys need to post pictures of your costumes and pumkins. My only way experiencing halloween is through you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle