Holidays??

Icepick said:
Call me shut in, but the only travel I care for is out to the middle of no where. Why pay lavish fees to sleep in a fancy hotel in a city I'd probably care less about if I lived there.

Every year me and a few friends travel for a few hours up to Northern Ontario, portage across a couple of lakes, and set up a camp site in the middle of no where

yeah, and I don't like staying in hotels either. I prefer camping or hostels. Most of the time I travel alone, so staying in a hotel you will just seclude yourself from everyone. Plus hotels are in the very touristy areas of places and expensive, while if you stay in hostels or camping, I feel like you get to see the real life of a country, plus make lots of new friends. But saying that, we stayed in a proper nice chateau in France in the middle of no where, that was absolutely beautiful!

RIGHT, well I've planned out my next few years, only in the last couple days :p ............

After Ireland, next summer I will go all over scotland, then long weekend to brussels/bruges (Belgium), then in the autumn go all over Egypt, then snowboarding in the winter maybe to bulgaria, I have friends there, and somewhere nice for New years eve but I havent decided where yet.... Then the year after go to morocco in the spring, turkey in the summer, and croatia & hungary, and I really want to go island hopping in greece too....... then maybe africa.......... then prepare to leave for Australia/new zealand for a year and around asia........................... i forgot about scandinavia...... well thats going to have to fit in there somewhere too........... :p

I have a week off of work to use pretty much whenever I want, but I really don't have any plans at the moment and without plans I would just stay laying at home bored.

I would really like to visit USA or China, but I don't think I have the possibility for that in a long time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle