Holidays??

Dobby2244

Veteran
Anyone got any plans coming up? I have a travel bug at the moment and looking for new ideas :D

Going to madrid next month for running of the bulls/ tomatina fest for 9 days, oktoberfest in sept, and ireland for st patricks day next yr plus another week around north and southern ireland........... Cant wait....... Im so set on an african safari soon too :D So what about everyone else????

wheres the money come from for all the edit: vacations? what's your secret?

(seriously)

i have a pretty well paying job but wouldnt even think about a decent edit: vacation at this point in time.

i would love to go to a billion places though and plan to eventually. i really want to go to scotland, that might be my first big vacation...

intoTheRain said:

(seriously)

i have a pretty well paying job but wouldnt even think about a decent edit: vacation at this point in time.

i would love to go to a billion places though and plan to eventually. i really want to go to scotland, that might be my first big vacation...

I just budget everything... My rent, gym membership, phone bill and £100 a month on food. I dont have a car and i walk to work.. That leaves me £500 a month left. I research lots before booking anything as well.... I hardly buy any new clothes unless its necessity, like new running shoes last month for £35 coz mine literally fell apart. Anyways... Scotland.... Hmm these sites look pretty good...

http://www.wild-in-scotland.com/10-Day-Island-Hopper-01-75.php

http://www.haggisadventures.com/scotland/compass-buster-tour

I might actually do one of these.... Hmmm!!!! :D

Scotland is gorgeous. I would definitely recommend going there if you haven't been.

As for me, I'm half into summer school now, and I'm gonna be going full on into school soon. I'm going to Mexico for Thanksgiving and maybe Safari for Easter, but no other plans.

The rest of my family is going to Israel in a month. I can't go because of school. Totally jealous though.

^^^ Awww nice ive seen some great trips going israel, jordan and egypt.... I need to save lots for that though. Proper safari in africa??? Ive never been to mexico either, where you going?

Cabo San Lucas. I've been going there at least once a year since I was 13, so I know the city like the back of my hand by now. It's a resort town, so it's completely safe, but also pretty boring. Good for relaxing, though.

For the safari, I dunno yet. No definite plans. Me and my dad travel all over together, but we never seem to make plans more than a few months before. One time we almost went to Japan on a whim, as in we decided to go a week before and booked our flights that day. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) a family emergency pushed back the trip a year. We actually planned out the trip a bit more and did a whole bunch of stuff, and since it was after the tsunami we were the only white people in Tokyo.

If there's anywhere I want to go back to, it's Japan.

^ Same. I have a travel paranoia where I'll accidently go on the wrong plane and end up in Iraq or somewhere. Travelling with someone - now that's what it's all about.
Being a diabetic kind of sucks when it comes to travelling too, because I constantly have to think about where my next prescription comes from. I cant go away for more than a month really otherwise I'll just worry too much!

Call me shut in, but the only travel I care for is out to the middle of no where. Why pay lavish fees to sleep in a fancy hotel in a city I'd probably care less about if I lived there.

Every year me and a few friends travel for a few hours up to Northern Ontario, portage across a couple of lakes, and set up a camp site in the middle of no where

used44 said:
That's always the best. But experiencing other cultures is great too.

No need to visit paris, if I want a frenchman to tell me I'm worthless, I can get a similar experience in Quebec

Seriously though, America being a melting pot, I get the desire to see other cultures, Canada is more of a mosaic, other people are encouraged to embrace their heritage, and while not as authentic as actually visiting foreign countries, I see enough to fulfill my curiosity, and prevent desires to visit their homelands

If I did, it would be purely for a one off, like the African Safari, or to visit a site of some significance, like the pyramids or something along those lines. I have no desire to live like an African or egyptian, not being an ass, just no desire.

I prefer to spend my free time with as few people as possible, I spend the other 350 days putting up with random strangers, it's my fucking time

Dobby2244 said:
intoTheRain said:

(seriously)

I just budget everything... My rent, gym membership, phone bill and £100 a month on food. I dont have a car and i walk to work.. That leaves me £500 a month left. I research lots before booking anything as well.... I hardly buy any new clothes unless its necessity, like new running shoes last month for £35 coz mine literally fell apart. Anyways... Scotland.... Hmm these sites look pretty good...

http://www.wild-in-scotland.com/10-Day-Island-Hopper-01-75.php

http://www.haggisadventures.com/scotland/compass-buster-tour

I might actually do one of these.... Hmmm!!!! :D

ahh i see traveling is just your favorite thing. so you save all your money for it. i want to travel but i'll only do it when i have enough disposable money that i won't miss it when i'm back.

maybe one big trip will change me though and make me want to do it a lot more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod