Roommates from hell.

WickedLiquid

Regular
Anybody have any interesting roommate stories?

I've lived with many different types of people during my 7 years of independence from my mom, but nothing could prepare me for my current roomies from hell.

As Rakon can tell you, my apartment, while not in the best neighborhood of Toronto, is still pretty spacious. Each of the two bedrooms are on opposite sides of the apartment with their own full bathroom, making it a perfect place for roommates to co-exist, and co-exist we have. But recently my roommate has been suffering from severe depression, I'm no stranger to depression myself and have tried to help her cope.

Fortunately she has a boyfriend who deals with that stuff. And no, it has never been awkward between the bf and I, because him and I are a lot alike and I actually get along better with him than her. And since the rooms are far away I never hear anything coming out of there, like awkward uncomfortable sex lol.

Anyway, long story short. Her depression took a turn for the worst and she had to be hospitalized, I tried to do whatever I could for her but like I said, I let the bf take care of it. She came home two weeks later and then things got... Odd..

She began accusing me of stealing her stuff and put an illegal chain lock on her bedroom door that would prevent the landlord from entering in case of emergency (she had a key to lock the chain when she left.) I tried to explain to her she needs to give a copy of the key to the landlord buuuuut she changed the subject by threatened to kill herself... Yeah...

Now I've dealt with unstable women in the past, believe it or not, and I've learned delusions and hallucinations are effects from severe clinical depression. I tried talking to my landlord but he is a lazy fuck and told me to just kick her out if she gives me trouble (the lease is under my name only and she is a co-tenant, like all my other roomies).

I tried talking to the bf but he pulled a 180 and started accusing me of stealing as well. The only solution to this mystery I can think of is the bf is stealing and has used me to place the blame. Which is a really shitty thing to do because I considered him to be a friend.

She have me a 60 days notice back in the end of August and is slowly moving her stuff out as we get closer to Halloween (which is ruined now because I have to be here to get her keys instead of going out partying). And lately things have gotten worse...

She went into another dellusional rant today about how I broke into her room recently. The cops were called and they didn't do anything since there was no proof and told her to stay somewhere else for the rest of the month. Thankfully she is going to her parents and I got an earful from her father aboit how I'm a thief. I understand it's his daughter, but still, he had no right.

This thread is just me venting I guess. Like I said, I've dealt with a crazy girl in the past and I don't know why they are drawn to me!!!

TL;DR bitches be crazy

Dude, dont worry about it - I've also had to deal with unruly roommates. I dont know what the renters laws are like, but if you like the location and its a good fit don't let her force you out of the place with BS accusations. You only have to live together you dont have to be BFF with your roommies (it def. helps though). Keep to yourself, and buy a lock for your room if necessary - if all else fails.. move out. sucks, but a shitty housing situation can play hell on your psyche. You want to come home and relieve stress after work, not pile on it. I've tried to help roommates move, picked them up from work, shared chores, house duties, and groceries - but if you have a falling out.. They don't remember any of that and I'd imagine that in the case of a roommate with depression it is probably exponentially worse.

I moved into a pimp place in San Jose, and was really happy... before I got to know the nightmare that I actually had walked into. It was 2 guys and 2 girls with a lot of space to do your own thing if you wanted, and a sweet common area for watching TV and eating. Unfortunately, one roommate - the 40+ yr old single female was making life hell for the rest of us (that's a broad quick synopsis based on my interpretation - just to be clear)... I suspect it was because she was in and out of relationships, wanted a baby n marriage and wasn't getting it.. so she took it out on us in the way of extreme passive aggression which eventually lead to the other three of us moving out within a month of each other. We're all still friends outside of the house with the exception of her.

They do be crazy, but if you have your own space and can lock yourself away without worrying about people eating or breaking your stuff... i say tuff it out.

41699d1c0dad80a0a763233811b7590c020c00e46b2a39fb4b33cd5be6a11007.jpg

Damn, that sounds pretty terrible.

I have only two roommate stories. (neither are quite as bad as yours) One typical, one slightly amusing.

*Warning, long stories ahead!*

Well, first one really isn't a roommate but we used to live in a three-flat. We were on the top floor. The family below us was a section 8 family (subsidized housing for those unaware) and on the weekend they loved to blast music loud enough damn near vibrate the whole building. The strong odor of weed would routinely emanate from their floor. (not that I have a problem with weed per se, just didn't like it in close proximity of my kid) Their teenage son had an ankle monitoring bracelet from some unknown crime he had committed (pretty sure he was in a gang) and there were constant arguments.

One memorable fight had the lady taking out dozens, and I mean literally dozens, of ceramic statues of all varying shapes and sizes and piling them up in front of the door to the building

Another time the guy had the nerve to come upstairs to ask for money so he could pay his (already reduced to almost nothing) rent. I laughed and said sorry, I got bills of my own to worry about. He got all pissy and for a while didn't hear much from them. Months later they left and I heard their floor was absolutely trashed and needed extensive repairs before it could be rented out again. They were a total trainwreck.

My personal roommate story is a bit more amusing. Many years ago (when I was around 18-19) I moved in with my at-the-time girlfriends friend. Before you start thinking of Penthouse letters, she was definitely not my type. When I moved in, the first thing I had noticed (she had been living there a while) was that there was a disgustingly thick, black ring around the tub. How the fuck does anyone shower in this I thought to myself. I actually went out and bought gloves, scouring pads, and comet and cleaned the fuck out of that bathroom before I would even consider using it.

Next, even though there were only the two of us living there, and even though she liked horrible, bland food, she felt the need to label all her food. Like putting her name on her skim milk when I drank 2%. Pretty sure I'm not going to mix those up!

One time after I got out of the shower, she was in the living room and joked about me dropping the towel. It was the first time I actually felt my balls trying to recede back into my body.

She had a crazy on again / off again boyfriend. He wasn't jealous or anything (my gf was way hotter) but because they would always be breaking up he'd show up at all kinds of crazy hours banging on the door to talk to her and work things out or some shit.

The funniest part was when she and her bf went on a trip somewhere for like a week. She asked me to take care of her little rat dog. She gave me specific instructions to keep it in her room while I was away at work and to take it out after I got home.

I did exactly that and that little dog fucked her room up something terrible. No way in hell was I cleaning that mess. But I did let the dog run around the apartment while I was there and took it outside all the time because I thought it was cruel to keep it locked in a room 24/7.

During this time, since we had the place to ourselves my gf came over in this sexy, lacey garter thing she had just gotten. We fucked all over that place, Everywhere except the friends room which was accumulating a nice pile of tiny dog shit by this time. Thankfully her room was at the back of the place so the smell was confined to the room. When my gf left I didn't notice at the time (and neither did she apparently) that she didn't bring the lacey garter thing with her

The day my roommate gets back from her trip was coincidentally my dads birthday. Me and my gf are at my parents house celebrating when my gf gets a call from my roomate. She says we have to come over there right away, it's very important. We instantly thought she is going through some crazy shit with her bf again, so I apologize to my parents and we jet over there fast as we could.

When we get there, my roommate is sitting calmly on the couch by herself. We sit down and ask what is going on. She says, "Is there something you guys need to tell me?" Me and my gf are looking at each other like, wtf is she talking about? She then produces from behind her back my gf's lacey garter thing. "I found this in my room. I can't believe you guys would do that in my own bed, I am so disgusted."

Somehow, sometime, somewhere that little rat dog had grabbed that thing and ran in her room with it and no matter how much we tried to explain it, she would not buy it. Things became much more strained after that.

The final straw was something about us having to move to a new apt while the one we were in was going to be renovated (and the rent was going up too) I said, nah, I think I'm outta here. For some reason she freaks out about this and calls the landlord who is also pissed for some reason saying if I broke our agreement he would ruin my credit.

I looked him dead in the eye and said, "Guess what asshole, I never signed a goddamn thing and I'm only 18 so I don't have shit for you to ruin anyway. So do whatever, I'm outta here." Moved out the same day.

So glad I'm not renting anymore.

Haha thanks brosef. *edit, to Brett*

Urbz, she's gone. She has to be out at the end of the month, and she is away at her parents for now and will probably be back on the 31st to grab her shit and drop off the keys. I just needed to vent. It really sucks how her bf turned on me like that and it feels like I lost a friend. And you're totally right man; I was very kind and helpful and patient with her through her bad times, but like you said none of that matters when the shit hits the fan.

*edit*
C Nate, that is a pretty awkward story about the roommate. It sounds like one of those times where no matter what you say, she just won't believe the truth. At least it was a good experience to learn when you were young. Living with others can be a great way to save on rent, but in a lot of circumstances it isn't worth it. I've also had to deal with horrible neighbours. Depending on your laws where you are, you can always call the cops for a domestic disturbance or cranked music past 11pm. I don't know if you've seen the movie Neighbors with Seth Rogen, but the part where they call the cops and the cops rat them out is bullshit. If you wish to be anonymous when calling the police then they won't say who complained.
*end of edit*

I wish my gf would move in with me, but unfortunately she still has two years of University to get her degree and I went back to school this year. She also has ridiculously racist parents (she's Indian, I'm white), but that's a whole other story.

My girlfriend and I once had an obese, bisexual, polygamist (or whatever it's called when a person has multiple partners) room mate. She stayed awake all night and slept all day. She would have her boyfriends and girlfriends over all night. She had a pet rabbit, that ran free in the basement and shit all over the floor, which she never cleaned up.

She would cook this ground beef slop on the stove and leave it out, on the stove, for I shit you not 6-7 days. And would come up every day and dump some of it into a bowl, heat it in the microwave, and then go downstairs to eat it. And she managed to not get sick.

Needless to say we moved out very shortly after she moved in and got our own place.

I could go into more detail but I must sleep now.

Good luck Wicked. I think everyone has experienced a crazy room mate. Being accused of stealing would rustle the fuk outta my jim jams tho. I'd probably buy her a surveillance camera just so the nut bag would have proof it wasn't me. Nothing I hate more than someone thinking I'm a thief. Would never steal anything. Thieves are some of the lowest scum.

I'd also have a hard time not punching her BF in the throat.

What happened to that 40-year-old dude? He seemed nice enough and left us alone for our "special time". You also don't live in the best part of Toronto, which might not attract the greatest company. Maybe try and find a place slightly more West? Obviously easier said than done, but I know you have a revolving door of roommates and it sucks to hear this one turned out to be crazy

tumblr_m23ataJUhw1rphs85o1_500.gif

Haha yeah that 40-something guy was alright but he met a woman on the internet and fell head over heals in love. They've got their own place now.

And I did live further South-West and once had lived with a transvestite. I didn't have anything against her lifestyle or choice to become a lesbian, it just wasn't for me. At least where I am now, in a tougher neighborhood, potential roommates are most likely not of that lifestyle. Also I really can't beat the rent for a student surviving on part time work.

And now everyone can laugh that I said Canada has tough neighborhoods.
"Gimme your money, no toonies eh!"

Yeah Ive also had some weird housemates. When I was living in London, with 7 other people, there was an older woman next to my room, who was recently divorced but she had become an alcoholic. Every morning I heard her call either to her work to say she was sick or asking men to come around. Often she would have sex all night long and hearing bottles clinking around, or hear her fall over. One day she was laying naked in the hallway and I tried to pick her up to bring her to the room and she asked if she could come to my room, I said no and brought her to bed and shes touching herself and asking to cuddle with her. When I leave she gets out of bed and runs into the wardrobe and everything falls on top of her. I feel really bad about this but afterwards, I wrote to the landlord to explain what happened and she needs help and shortly after this she was asked to leave the house - - oh so guilty.

Man, you guys have had some horrible room mates and experiences.

Wicked_Liquid, I hope you're alright man and I hope things are better for you soon without this person at your place anymore. I remember the "other story" regarding your girlfriend and her family, so I hope things are improving there too.

I feel kinda lame that I've never actually lived outside of home by myself. I'm twenty six years old and I still live with my folks but to be fair where I live is also very expensive. Rent is very expensive and homes are very expensive to buy, so I guess by living at home I not only get the opportunity to save money, but my parents can get me whatever they need me to do, so it works both ways. I want to buy my own home someday and if I was renting, then all of my savings would burn.

Wow, some great stories in there! I'm very thankful that the craziest room mate I ever had was simply an Arsenal supporter (soccer stuff, don't you worry)!

And Craig, I lived with my parents until I was 27 - no shame in it! People live with their folks into their 30s nowadays. House prices are appalling! And it's impossible to save when renting - for me it is anyway! Gotta catch a break with a good job, or have a dieing relative to give you money in their will...as frank as that sounds!

I moved out of my parents place, and then my dad moved to a giant new house, and so my gf and I both moved in with him and his wife's family. There are 7 of us, but I barely see ahh of them.

Dobby2244 said:
One day she was laying naked in the hallway and I tried to pick her up to bring her to the room and she asked if she could come to my room, I said no and brought her to bed and shes touching herself and asking to cuddle with her

Not gonna lie, that's pretty hot. Unless you're a dude then you did the right thing. :p I kid, I kd.

Good to see I'm not alone here. I always thought roommate life would be like Friends, could I BE any more wrong?

And don't worry Craig, like Matt said he didn't move out till recently and he is one sexy staliion of a man (no homo). To be honest I do miss living with my mom. Having my laundry done and dinner cooked every night is something you take for granted when you live at home lol.

Yeah I've never had any "room mates" per say. I mean, the longest I've ever stayed with people on holidays and stuff is like two or three weeks. Not really enough time to be driven insane by 'em I suppose, plus since I was on a holiday I'd hardly ever be at "home" anyway.

My exwife and I divorced over a year ago. We still share the same house (separate rooms for years). Her mom lives here too, moved in years ago with her stepdad (who promptly took off and left us stuck with this annoying, disgusting...woman). Her morbidly obese wheelchair confined mom. Who showers maybe once a month. Who has a plastic toilet in her room that she has to periodically dump into a real toilet (meaning carry a bucket of piss and shit down the hall past my room to the other bathroom). Who parks herself at the kitchen table for half the day with no regard to how how high her shirt or shorts is hiked up over her globs and globs of fat. Who brought her four fucking rat terrier dogs with her (I fucking hate small dogs and have managed to do away with two of them so far.) Who loves to talk and (shudder) sing at the top off her tone deaf voice.

She makes this house smell like a fucking construction site urinal non-stop. Incense and air fresheners are my best friends. This is on top of the awkwardness of sharing a house with my ex-wife. I can't wait to move out in the next couple of months. Probably out of Texas completely to be near family in Tennessee.

Fuck a doodle doo.

Haha Paradox, you had me at the first line! Awkward enough. Feel for you buddy - here's to you getting out. Also, how do people let themselves get so obese they get confined to a wheelchair?! There must be a point where they look down and think, "you know what, I should lose some weight if my legs start struggling to hold me upright!"

MattAY said:
Haha Paradox, you had me at the first line! Awkward enough. Feel for you buddy - here's to you getting out. Also, how do people let themselves get so obese they get confined to a wheelchair?! There must be a point where they look down and think, "you know what, I should lose some weight if my legs start struggling to hold me upright!"
I've asked that myself, but you know, we all give in to self-destructive indulgences, many of which aren't immediately visible.

In all honesty, that's something I've thought of too, MattAY. How people can let themselves get like that? In all fairness like De-Ting said, people give in to that sort stuff and it really is hard to get out. :/

Oh it's not her fault she's fat. Her ex-husband let her get like that. This is something she honestly believes. :x

I have a pact with one of my buddies who i work out with often that if either one of us ever gets morbidly obese either one of us will kill the fat one because i feel like life would absolutely suck being that fat and we both don't think we will get to that point ever

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod