growing a beard

Commiebot said:
Neckbeards are always itchy, and I've never really seen a person pull one off and look good. That said, just tough it out with the first few weeks and do not worry about trying to shape it until you know it comes in well enough.

For any other notions, this site is full of valuable info: http://www.artofmanliness.com/2008/11/2 ... nly-beard/

ive got a neckbeard but ive got a full cheekbeard too.. the only thing im not 100% comfortable with is my stash and my beard don't connect with 100% peacefulness. but the more it grows in the more connected it looks.

its actually the mustache that is bothering me right now.

unfortunately my uncle passed away last night, moreso for him, but also for my beard. i can't go to his funeral with a scraggly half grown beard. gonna have to shave and resume sunday.

When your beard comes in, you can look really manly while doing things like riding a horse.

45803_10150231861300051_5557775_n.jpg

(You can't tell, but I'm riding a horse in this picture.)

I'm one floppy hat away from being a Civil War Cavalry officer.

intoTheRain said:
NickKmet said:
I only grow it out on my chin, because I can't grow anything to connect it to my mustache. My neck beard gets nasty after two days or so, so I shave every day pretty much. Also, my mustache looks terrible (because the hair is darker than the rest of my facial hair) so I shave that off every day too.

i have the mustache problem too, looks bad when first growing in because its so much darker

Yeah, I really, really hate it. Keeps me from even trying, because I'm afraid to go out in public for the 3-4 days it would look really bad. I mean, I went to high school with this kid who seemed to think his nasty mustache was a good thing to be parading around. Made him look like a pedophile. I am definitely NOT shooting for that look ever.

GiftedMonkey said:
When your beard comes in, you can look really manly while doing things like riding a horse.
And when you grow old and shave it off, you look older. What I mean it, Chuck Norris didn't look old until his beard is gone.
chuck-norris-shaved-his-beard-570x286.jpg

So i have a funeral tomorrow to go to so I shaved yesterday because there was no point. Will resume Sunday.

But I gotta say when you have a half assed beard going on and shave it all off you feel like a super human, so light, so comfortable.

It comes and goes. I'm kinda lazy with hair stuff. I let it grow and when it gets so long that it needs upkeep I cut it short.

What I don't like about my beard is that my other cheeks grows wavy and curly while the other grows straight line. Like how the hell I'm supposed to deal with that. Also the hair on my jaw is so hard it needs to grow long to properly settle in to a nice form and the coloring is kinda wacky. Gingerish bronze brown.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod