growing a beard

intoTheRain

Regular
GR beard brahs... if there are any.. i've always wanted to have an alpha beard.. and i figure there is no better excuse than the Leafs making the playoffs for the first time in a decade.

but i always get to a point where it gets so itchy it drives me nuts.. any tips to beat this phase (assuming this is just a phase)? should i wash it with something special or what? :p
I wanna do it this time! any help is appreciated.. but i fear i'll fail again if i don't figure out a way to beat the itch. doesn't help the itchy phase tends to be the phase where it looks the worst.

I don't think I have the genetics for a beard.The best I could probably do is a thin beard like those old Asian masters in kung fu movies.

I get a major neckbeard if I go a couple of days without shaving. It's terrible, since that's all the beard I get.

I grow my hair out and donate it to locks for love every few years. Does that count?

My employer doesn't employ me with a beard. Lame.

I only get the neckbeard/chinstrap combo going, for some reason hair is afraid of my cheeks, I can grow a dirt stash like no ones business, but that's as far as it progresses

Give me 2-3 weeks though and I look amish, easiest way I found to beat the itch is to massage skin lotion into it after a shower

I've got full beard in my genes, but I'm not allowed to have one right now. Maybe I'll grow one someday, but I quite like just a moustache and goatee.

Shave that neckline though. And cheekbone line, if you happen to be a wolf man like me who gets stray hairs above my beard.

I get everything except a small strip just about the lower jaw bone. So basically i have 3/4 of a glorious beard.

Also, the best neckbeard ever.

I only grow it out on my chin, because I can't grow anything to connect it to my mustache. My neck beard gets nasty after two days or so, so I shave every day pretty much. Also, my mustache looks terrible (because the hair is darker than the rest of my facial hair) so I shave that off every day too.

I was rocking the full beard up until a week ago. Now down to a goatee and chops.. My cheeks are so cold. I miss my face warmer.

Gonna grow it back out if the Sharks make the playoffs though! Which at this point I'm not sure if that's gonna happen.

The beard itch goes away after a week or so but then I get random beard itche from then on. To fix that I wash mine a couple times a week with t/gel or the like. Helps get rid of the itch when it's growing out or when in full bloom.

I've been blessed with the ability to grow a pretty full beard since High School. Itchiness is temporary! Giving in in this phase is what separates the men from the hairy boys.

Sadly, my current employer forbids me to have a beard. :(>

Sourdeez said:
I grow my hair out and donate it to locks for love every few years. Does that count?

My employer doesn't employ me with a beard. Lame.
Sounds like me. I'll be donating it more often now.

NickKmet said:
I only grow it out on my chin, because I can't grow anything to connect it to my mustache. My neck beard gets nasty after two days or so, so I shave every day pretty much. Also, my mustache looks terrible (because the hair is darker than the rest of my facial hair) so I shave that off every day too.

i have the mustache problem too, looks bad when first growing in because its so much darker

Now that my hair is touching the middle of my back, I should probably cut it.

Also, if I go unshaven, I look like a typical Berkeley homeless man. And that's not fun.

Beards are easy when you're a german irish bastard.

The Euro mullet is more stylish right now, and everyone can rock it.

Except you De-ting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod