any hockey fans?

intoTheRain

Regular
how bout those toronto maple leafs? awwe yea... actually feels enjoyable to be a leafs fan right now.

will they make the playoffs? who knows. but regardless i'm a happy fan. they've proven in their last stretch that they ARE becoming a team, it wasn't just a fluke 4 game streak like usual, it's 10-2-4. couple hard games coming up though in philly and chicago.

they have a lot of potential in their players, and i can't wait to see them grow as a team, kessel who is finally scoring again and looks to break the 30 goal mark, grabovski (my favorite), macarthur who i hope they don't trade, kulemin, bozak, REIMER.. etc.

burke is making some good moves imo, and i'm glad he got rid of kaberle and versteeg for 2 1st round draft picks a conditional second and i believe a third. everyone is pissed about kaberle... but he's 32.. not gonna last much longer, was a good move imo. people were pissed because it ruined our playoff push for this year, OH NO, we won't get to be knocked out in the first round of the playoffs, for shame!

burke did the right thing, not lookin to make the playoffs, but looking into the future.

i'm most likely talking to myself. but maybe not. you can always just comment on how you feel about your team :)

I also happen to be a huge hockey fan, and an even bigger Leafs fan.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. However we always play great hockey after the all-star break, and this season is nothing new. However, players are starting to show their development (Kulemin is the 2nd highest scoring Russian in the league). I'm pumped for next year, especially if Colbourne and Gardiner will be ready.

Rakon said:
I also happen to be a huge hockey fan, and an even bigger Leafs fan.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. However we always play great hockey after the all-star break, and this season is nothing new. However, players are starting to show their development (Kulemin is the 2nd highest scoring Russian in the league). I'm pumped for next year, especially if Colbourne and Gardiner will be ready.

the playoff push is never this promising though.. it's always like woooooo- fuuuuuckin leafs!

so far it's like woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

and hasn't yet stopped.

intoTheRain said:
will they make the playoffs?

If they do, they won't make it past the second round. The first round might even be a stretch. I have been a Leaf fan my entire life but they have let me down, many, many times.

DocMoc said:
intoTheRain said:
will they make the playoffs?

If they do, they won't make it past the second round. The first round might even be a stretch. I have been a Leaf fan my entire life but they have let me down, many, many times.

why would they make it past the first but not the second? more likely they lose in the first round imo.

and im in the same boat as u bro... all the leafs fans jumpin ship, half of them are pittsburgh fans now simply because they have Crosby. the rest are canuck fans because they're awesome this year. it'll be awesome when the Leafs are actually a good team again to still be a loyal fan. and it looks like they're startin to do some work now.

i doubt they make the playoffs.. with new jersey on their asses now 9-1 in their last 10, buffalo 2 points ahead with 2 less games played, the leafs tough stretch coming up, etc. but like i said, regardless this season will leave me a lot more optimistic going into the next

We have a local team that's like super minor league. It's pretty fun. If I had a team worth rooting for, I could easily see myself getting a little into it. But the best I have is the San Jose Sharks, and fuck that!

My team isn't doing poorly at all, in fact they're shining. They were injured for about two months because of players being on the DL and they only dropped from first to third. Yeah, that's right, I'm talking about the...
Detroit%20Red%20Wings%20Logos%201.png

We pwn all of you... well except or Vancouver and Philadelphia...

i try to catch most of the sharks games on TV, they are on an awesome run right now. hopefully they dont choke in the playoffs again.

I used to be a huge Avalanche fan before I moved to seattle, no hockey around here :(

but back then damn! patrick roy, joe sakic, forsberg, even young adam foote and martin skoula. we were stacked! too bad the stars and red wings kept beating us

Leafs for the cup. Believe it.

And PICK UP YOUR DAMN SOCKS, RED WINGS! Are you going to let yourselves be outdone by the FLYERS!?

In other news... Anticipating Vancouver choking. (And Lapierre? really?)

I said it at the beginning of the year when they were 4-0; they aren't making the playoffs. Kessel and reimer are extremely hot right now and that is the only reason they are stringing wins together. However, this wont last long as kessel is a notoriously streaky scorer and reimer is an unproven goalie in a media frenzy hockey market.

Even if they do make it to the playoffs, they will run into a brick wall that is most likely philly. Yes yes I know, they actually beat the flyers today! But keep in mind that playoff hockey is an entirely different brand and the flyers are a team built for playoff hockey. Their scorers are gritty, they have 4 forward lines that any team in the nhl would take as their 1st line and their defenseman are mean.

PS go nucks though!

Leafs aren't that fragile right now. I think they could last a lot longer than some other teams...

btw, I'm also freaked out about Kaberle. I'm not pissed -- I just can't handle change. :p (pfft, versteeg. how appropriate.)

TheNesMan said:
I said it at the beginning of the year when they were 4-0; they aren't making the playoffs. Kessel and reimer are extremely hot right now and that is the only reason they are stringing wins together. However, this wont last long as kessel is a notoriously streaky scorer and reimer is an unproven goalie in a media frenzy hockey market.

Even if they do make it to the playoffs, they will run into a brick wall that is most likely philly. Yes yes I know, they actually beat the flyers today! But keep in mind that playoff hockey is an entirely different brand and the flyers are a team built for playoff hockey. Their scorers are gritty, they have 4 forward lines that any team in the nhl would take as their 1st line and their defenseman are mean.

PS go nucks though!

weirder things have happened. and the streak is not at all solely on kessel and reimer, they have almost ALL been playing far greater hockey. this is far from their typical after all-star break streak. what do you mean it won't last long anyway? it's been almost 20 games, what do you classify as long? it's very possible it could end any moment, and the leafs could go like 2-6-2 in their next 10 or something terrible, but i gotta stay optimistic. like i said, this is the best thing anyone has seen from the leafs in years. theres no reason not to be.

wooooo last nights game was epic. sucks carolina and buffalo had to play each other AND go into OT, but at least three teams are now in reach.

and being a detroit redwings fan is like being a fan of the yankees in the MLB, unless you're from detroit of course.

i find it extremely exciting to be a fan of a team in a rebuilding phase. i think it'd be boring if my team was guaranteed to make playoffs every year :p i was more excited last night when boyce scored, and reimer saved aulies fuck up than i think i've been in the playoffs.

PS : i love how many more canuck fans there are this year than last xD 3 canadian teams in the playoff run, 1 is french, the other is fighting for its life. one is on the top. BOOM CANUCK FANS EVERYWHERE.

not saying this applies to you, you could have been a canuck fan forever. but it applies to a lot ;P

i want the leafs to make the playoffs and show some promise, see how many people suddenly convert back to leafs fans overnight.

intoTheRain said:
and being a detroit redwings fan is like being a fan of the yankees in the MLB, unless you're from detroit of course.

So true. It makes it hard for me, just because I hate the yankees and yankees fans so much! But I am from the area and have always cheered for Detroit sports teams, and since Ive stuck with the Lions and Tigers through a lot of terrible times, I feel less of a douchebag when it comes to cheering for the yankees of the NHL

A lot of people have a team from the east and a team from the west. Considering how little the oilers have made the playoffs in the past 10 years means that canadians usually rely on the canucks or flames. I find the following to be roughly split between the two.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod