any hockey fans?

TheNesMan said:
...canadians usually rely on the canucks or flames. I find the following to be roughly split between the two.
Dude, everyone outside of Calgary hates them. (or maybe just the fans?) :p

intoTheRain said:
i want the leafs to make the playoffs and show some promise, see how many people suddenly convert back to leafs fans overnight.
I've always been a Leafs hopeful, if not a Leafs fan. They're close enough, really. Of course there are Leafs haters, but most other people I talk to want them to do well...

I would love to see a return to Winnipeg. If We could get both Winnipeg and Quebec back in action, I will be a very happy Canadian.

However, I'll still be a pissed off Leafs fan.

well the leafs are pretty much toast now. the game in buffalo is a big one, but probably won't make much of a difference

That hit was brutal...but I think it was more the fault of the where on the ice he got hit rather than the hit itself. If that happens anywhere else on the boards he just hits the glass and its no big deal. The fact that there is a criminal investigation going on over it seems pretty absurd to me.

Yeah, I remember when Scotty Gomez fell into the open doorway and got effed up. Just wrong place wrong time.

used44 said:
Just wrong place wrong time.

I agree. You have to consider Zdeno Chara is 6'9 and over 250 lbs. If he wanted to do some damage against tiny Pacioretty, he could have done a LOT worse.

gg, toronto. way to play like the old maple leafs against the panthers. god last night was a frustrating game. with buffalo 4 points ahead with 2 games in hand, it'd take a miracle now.

OMG WOULD IT BE TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR BUFFALO OR CAROLINA TO LOSE 1 OR 2?

seriously, wtf. i hate buffalo so much, mainly because i want Ryan Miller to go fuk himself.

If Buffalo could lose 1 or 2, and Toronto could keep on winning, the upcoming buffalo game would be epic beyond compare. *crosses fingers*

i like Carolina, so it doesn't make me rage quite as much.

well the leafs have almost officially been a top three best team in the NHL for an entire half season. whether buffalo or carolina give up some wins to give them a shot i don't know. but what I do know, is i am PUMPED for next year.

i hope i hope burke lands richards, and maybe a decent defenseman or 2. richards can make kessel consistent.

leafs have 24-26 mill to work with, 2 first rounders and a third. it's gonna be interesting.

intoTheRain said:
well the leafs have almost officially been a top three best team in the NHL for an entire half season. whether buffalo or carolina give up some wins to give them a shot i don't know. but what I do know, is i am PUMPED for next year.

i hope i hope burke lands richards, and maybe a decent defenseman or 2. richards can make kessel consistent.

leafs have 24-26 mill to work with, 2 first rounders and a third. it's gonna be interesting.
top three...please...mediocre goaltending, and just general poor offense and defense all season, there's not one sports site with NHL power rankings that would put the leafs in the top three, not EVER all season.

On a side note, 7 points now ahead of the 2nd place team, Sedin, in the lead with 6 points for the art ross.

Sedin has been carrying my fantasy team pretty hard. And yeah, the leafs are still a sub par team. This last month playoff push where they finish 9th-11th is nothing new, don't get your hopes up.

TheNesMan said:
Sedin has been carrying my fantasy team pretty hard. And yeah, the leafs are still a sub par team. This last month playoff push where they finish 9th-11th is nothing new, don't get your hopes up.

yea being the 3rd team in the NHL for the entire last half of the season happens every year am i right? oh no wait you're talking about their usual 5-8 game streak and then failure again.

you're in denial if you don't think the Leafs have shown FAR more promise than they have in the past 6 years this year.

XboxLiveLover said:
intoTheRain said:

top three...please...mediocre goaltending, and just general poor offense and defense all season, there's not one sports site with NHL power rankings that would put the leafs in the top three, not EVER all season.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

yea you're right. reimer has one of the highest save percentages and best win/loss in the league. mediocre goaltending at its finest.

and record wise they were top 3.

i have plenty to be excited about finally, as a leafs fan. stick to your OP teams, i'll stick to the team i cheered for from the start 8)

its all over now though.

maybe i'll jump on the pick the best canadian team in the NHL for the current year bandwagon too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod