World Cup South Africa 2010

Robmiester

Rookie
Predictions? favourites?

For me... as a passionate soccer fan.. I'm a little dissappointed no one cared to get around to making a topic about the best sport in the world (imo, take it easy guys)

Golden boot award goes to Lionel Messi..
And with that, if Argentina don't take it this year... simply because they will have the hardest drive.. Spain will become the victors..Torres and Fabregas alone carry the team, with some slick goaltending, young and fresh..

either way.. I hope portugal wins it all! GL vs Brazil boyees

VIVA PORTUGAL!

Let's discuss

I don't normally watch soccer, but during the World Cup I do. I don't know player names, I don't even really know what teams are in it, safe for USA and England seeing as they're playing on Satuday, so consider me a Soccer n00b.

I WILL however be watching this to see how it plays out, when it comes to sports I'll watch and enjoy anything except for basketball, that shit sucks

I think with myself and Kapow...we are now three football (soccer) fans of GR.

I think Spain have the best team on paper. And are favourites. And it's true torres is unstoppable when he gets the good passes etc.

Saying that, I think Brazil will go on a good run as usual. Their team has waned since the good years, but they still play damn good football.

As for my beloved England. I think we'll get knocked out in the last 8. We may have had an amazing qualification. But our pre-tournament friendlies have been God-awful!

Portugal have Ronaldo, so they also have a chance.

To summarize my thoughts on this World Cup:

I'm excited, but I'm working which means, as usual, DVRing games and I never feel the excitement quite the same (except for US and BR matches).
Italy will not repeat, I repeat, will not repeat. Must I repeat my repetition again? They won't repeat.
Brazil, as much as I love you...the Magic 8 ball isn't feeling it today. I second MattAY.
Spain, I fear Spain. For the exact reasons Rob said.
I disargree with you on Argentina though. They had some rough qualifiers, they need to be a team in the Cup, or else, and Messi has to be on.
England will be the stumbling block for top-tier teams but I don't see it going much further.
But most importantly, the US will stomp England and I will drink MattAY's tears (I'll need you to collect those and mail them to me).

I will certainly do that Bret!...For they wil be tears...OF JOY!! WE WILL WIN!!

USA have no hope, resorting to tactics in provoking Rooney to get sent of now! FOUL PLAY!

I want Ivory Coast to do well, but they need to get through Brazil and Portugal.....

The U.S should make a major impact this year, with the exception of England their entire group is a cakewalk for the most part, and there biggest competition might be in the top eight.

A lot of open teams this year, expect a few random ones like Turkey was four years ago.

Well Ivory Coast dont have didier Drogba for their game VS Portugal...so they're pretty much screwed there!

that group is the death group though,. poor North Korea...they havent a hope in hell!

Why is the World Cup trophy not a cup? Answer this and I'll consider watching your little tournament.

It used to be when it first started:

1999-20050604143930.jpg

And they made a new one, which consists of 18 carat gold!

...You all know what it looks like.

Mattay ......... ownage

used you gonna watch the cup now or what?

THE WHOLE WORLD SHOULD TUNE IN!!!

send soccer balls to africa! give them the joy of having fun!

So a friend I had down here at the embassy isn't here anymore. I thought he had moved to a new post, which so many of us do over the years. I found out yesterday that he was sent temporarily to South Africa. Why? Because the World Cup needs more security and he's an ex marine. He gets to not only be there, but he gets to watch it for free while making sure the place is safe, which I figure will consist of standing at a gate when the stands open. Lucky bastard.

As for me, I'll be drinking at a bar tomorrow watching the game on their TVs. Good times. Now if I just actually cared about the sport other than the times the Cup is on I'd know what was happening...

Hey guys! Remember when France was good!

..anyone... sigh... sucks to be french... i know...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod