Great. Another banned game.

madster111

Rookie
L4D2.

Destructoid said:
Yet another videogame falls victim to Australia's backwards and broken rating system. If you live in Australia and decided to be part of the Left 4 Dead 2 boycott, your job has just been made easier as the OFLC recently refused classification to the zombie-smashing sequel, making it another in a long list of things that the country's residents aren't allowed to play.

If Valve wants Left 4 Dead 2 to be released in Australia, it will have to heavily edit the game and make it suitable for the 15+ market, since Australia claims to be a developed nation and yet doesn't have 18 certificates. Given the sheer scope of violence in L4D2, it's likely impossible to make an acceptable version without gutting the game completely.

This is sad news for Australians but, dismayingly, it's simply to be expected. The country's rating system just isn't practical for the modern day world, and is ill-equipped to deal with the real world. As always, Destructoid extends commiserations to our readers down under who have been screwed over, yet again, thanks to a few out-of-touch morons who think they know what's best for the rest of the population.

Utterly pathetic.
; http://www.destructoid.com/left-4-dead- ... 8882.phtml

I'm starting to get real sick of our government down here.
First the internet filter, now the banning of MORE games?
Pure idiocy.

This won't stop us Australians from getting it, as our government is obviously too stupid to do that, but it will inconvenience many people. And damage our economy, because video game retailers won't be able to sell L4D2.

Thoughts?

I doubt economically L4D2 is going to make a dent anywhere. The game isn't that big, and even games like GTA4 with record high preorders and sales didn't really dent the economy.

As for Australia banning the game, it sucks but it's a government's right to censor free speech if they so choose, just look at China.

Constitutions? Oh yeah, I think my country has one.

Madster, we will enjoy L4D2 here in the U.S. for you. Every headshot will be dedicated to you.

MattAY turns 23 and now is "son" this and "youngsters" that.

What are the "limits" when it comes to dropping the censor and ban on things in Australia?

All of my headshots are already "dedicated" to madster, if you know what I mean.

used44 said:
All of my headshots are already "dedicated" to madster, if you know what I mean.
We'll let that perverted joke slide unless...MattAY comes out of nowhere

Side from that, that does suck madster. You know I wonder if video games will be like druglords in South America. No matter how much our government is going to stop the drug trades across the border. It's not going to be stopped.

You would only see that FPS joke as perverted if you were either retarded or reading far too much into it.

Just move to the USA. Every problem you ever had or ever will have will instantly be solved. Forever.

*thumbs up*

Thinking about it, you should be thankful. Australia is one of the most stable countries in the world no?

Oh no, a game got banned...I think you'll get over it ;)

Knowing you, you'll probably rape someone and get hold of it anyway.

PS - I am very perverted (say a quarter of Urban's perverted level), but seeing that joke as sexual means you really haven't seen a vagina, Ugh :p

hey, since australia is a penal (penial?) colony any violent game might give all you crooks the wrong idea. go back to doing what you do best, raping the roo's while making fun of the zealanders for raping sheep.

KoalaRainbowPoop said:
hey, since australia is a penal (penial?) colony any violent game might give all you crooks the wrong idea. go back to doing what you do best, raping the roo's while making fun of the zealanders for raping sheep.

We EAT roos, not rape them.

so... does that mean the boycott won over there? :evil:
Actually, i just want to know what that Yahtzee fellow will say about that matter.

madster111 said:
KoalaRainbowPoop said:

That... That sounds more perverted :oops:

madster111 said:
KoalaRainbowPoop said:
hey, since australia is a penal colony any violent game might give all you crooks the wrong idea. go back to doing what you do best, raping the roo's while making fun of the zealanders for raping sheep.

But you won't deny raping Koalas.

Anyway, did you even have the first L4D down there? If they aren't allowing L4D2 then I don't see how could they allow L4D(1).

Who needs Australia anyway?
(crickets)
Anyone?
(more crickets and some circling vultures)
I thought so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle