Most Dissapointing Game of the Year

And the nominees are:

Star Wars: Force Unleashed
Too Human
Mirror's Edge
Spore
Need for Speed

And the winner: Mirror's Edge

I actually cannot look at that game for more than 10 seconds, because it's so immensely dizzying. Too Human I haven't played, same with Need for Speed (but I hear both are very bad). The other two have redeeming qualities, and Spore isn't actually that bad (it's just not amazing). Star Wars was bad, and probably would win this, but Mirror's Edge was just too bad.

Spore and Star Wars..

Why was there no DUEL mode on 360 and PS3?
Or atleast some sort of better skirmish, where you could run all sorts of scenarios.
Online duels would be awesome.
If it ever come as a DLC I might repurchase the game (I traded it for LBP)

Spore, well we were promised a lot, and all we got was a turd-in-a-box.

I've never played it yet, but to me, Spore seemed like it was a game developed by Peter Molyneux. Allot of anticiptation and promise of being deep and innovative, but underneath it all, it's gameplay and interface is incredibely simple.

Far Cry 2 - Boring, repetive gameplay (although the fire was pretty cool) and a lack of enemies dying in cool ways.
GTA 4 - A fun game with a sort of interesting story line and some fun physics, but not reeaally a GTA game (where the hell are the katanas and the harriers and the monster trucks and all that other gooood shit?).

Although I'd say Force Unleashed probably tops the list, I don't own it. So, I'll have to say Resistance 2.

It became more of a generic shoot instead of following the unique style of the first.

De-Ting said:
Although I'd say Force Unleashed probably tops the list, I don't own it. So, I'll have to say Resistance 2.

It became more of a generic shoot instead of following the unique style of the first.

I got disgusted as soon as I realized that you can only carry a few weapons. Still haven't played through it.

Diabolus said:
I got disgusted as soon as I realized that you can only carry a few weapons. Still haven't played through it.
I still managed to beat it on every difficulty, besides casual. Only carrying two guns doesn't make you concerned about ammo, just about variety.

I am torn between 2 games dc vs mortal kombat and Too Human mortal kombat was so lame the powers and the fact that sub zero could beat superman Too human was just so much waiting and when it got here it was a sad story and it wasnt any fun to play

jokerx81 said:
I am torn between 2 games dc vs mortal kombat and Too Human mortal kombat was so lame the powers and the fact that sub zero could beat superman Too human was just so much waiting and when it got here it was a sad story and it wasnt any fun to play
What a terrible spin-off of Zero Punctuation. <.<

Spore, hands down.

It had so much potential, we were promissed so much depth, i was really excited. Instead we get DRM bullshit and an incredibly shallow game, what a waste. :(

Ill agree with you trippy. I loved the demo, but when i got the game and played further than what the demo is, i wanted to rip my eyes out. I just couldnt do it anymore, its like so many other ruined rpgs like the ps2 versions of everquest. Its all dungeon roaming to the point where its senseless.
But for me, it would have to be GTA IV for lack of keeping interest.
Fallout 3 for the same reason, because seriously, the side quests are too few and far between for me, i just couldnt do it.
Fable 2 just for having such an odd ending. I was fine with it ending after 10 hours though, gave me my chance to kill everyone quicker.
The Soul Calibur game for the Wii. WORST.TEKKEN.MIXED.WITH.DYNASTY WARRIORS.GAME.EVER.

Dont get me wrong, i love all of these games -albeit soul calibur-, but they just had those things that made me switch to another game and forget about it for a while.

The only game I bought in 2008 that I was pretty disappointed with was Mercenaries 2. It can be fun, but usually it's just annoying. The first one is definitely much better. Also, they made Nielson into a badass dumbass, which just pisses me off. The game itself is unpolished and buggy, with a frustrating menu screen and a nonsense storyline. But the gameplay is fun. It's fun to run around blowing things up, for a while.

Fallout 3 gets my vote for Most Disappointing Game of 08' simply because after clocking a little over 10 hours in the game, every cell in my body told me to put the controller down and never return. At first I loved the game. Everything felt great about. But alas, once the true colors shown through, it left me wanting more.

I feel many of you are forgetting two of the key elements that make Fallout such a fantastic series: exploration and replayability.

Yes, if you run through the main story line, the game is short and unimpressive. But if you go out into the wastes, you'll find some exciting little nooks.

Then, as I stated, there is the replayability. Were you a good guy the first time through? Why not create someone who blows up Megaton. Why not create a sniper, an explosives expert, create Kenshiro and go unarmed?

Besides, they are already working on two new downloadable expansions for the game.

SPORE people

If you are happy with a pretty if repetitive space sim then hooray for you,
it's just not the elaborate transcendental life simulator we were promised.

Peanutkiller said:
If you are happy with a pretty if repetitive space sim then hooray for you, it's just not the elaborate transcendental life simulator we were promised.

Quoted Straight out of Zero Punctuation. :)

The Force Unleashed.

I initially found myself being very excited seeing Wookies fly around helplessly at my command but that certainly got old after ten minutes.
I really didn't like the "God or War" style action scenes. I found them to be irritating.
And finally, the graphics were not great. they did not meet all the hype.
I'm disappointed Lucasarts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle