Most Dissapointing Game of the Year

Eh, about what the last two people said abut fallout is true. The story isnt compelling enough after a long time of playing if you do just that. But i found myself too weak to do much of anything without doing that first. It was probably cause i was light arms spec, but oh well. Just, i dont find the side quests too much fun either.

You know, I feel that allot of people who believe that GTAIV and/or Fallout 3 are/is the most dissapointing game/games of the year are really nitpicky.

Dissliking GTAIV because it's trying to be a serious game, instead of one of cheap, gimmicky thrills that costs $60?

For Fallout 3, criticisms for that game sound like they come from those picky fan-boys who are only satisfied by having the exact type of gameplay found only in the original game.

I personally really liked Fallout 3. I didn't just do the main quest, I explored so much of the game, discovering over one hundred and twenty locations, clocking over fifty hours of game play etc. I don't know why but I just really enjoyed Fallout 3 for the exploring. I'll say though while I liked Fallout 3 I was disappointed with it due to the amount of bugs and glitches, and I'm also unhappy that the PS3 version is apparently not receiving downloadable content.

For me I didn't really like the storyline of Fallout 3. It just didn't have the same "magic" as the original games. No spoilers here but in my opinion, the ending sucks.

I've noticed The Force Unleashed is receiving downloadable content but it costs a bit to get, and I doubt it'll enhance the game any further.. extra level, costumes.. how about some bug fixes and whatnot? :p

farcry2pc.jpg

Last time i trust other peoples opinion. I blew $79 bucks after hearing it was the next Jesus.

But see, heres the thing.
Ive never played a fallout game until now, so im not a nitpicky fan boy, i just didnt have my expectations met on how fun it would be.

It looks like most of us are on the same page about the lemons of the year.

Too Human: man i waited for this thing for like a year and a half. It's near unplayable. definitely my vote for "WTF?!" of the year.

Mercs 2: not awful, but not as good as the first and completely dropped the ball on expectation meeting.

Call of Duty 5: I don't think anyone meantioned this blunder. After the sucsess of CoD4 : Modern Warfare (MODERN I SAID!) you think storming the beaches full of germans for the 1000th time would be a thing of the past, guess not.

Thank god infinity ward is back for CoD MW2

Far Cry 2: picked this sucker up after rave reviews and was immediatley dissapointed. I still decided i wanted to beat it but after I had a game saved "frozen" to where it loaded frozen every time i put that bitch up on half.com

Prince of Persia: another hope builder, Duke had it right in his review when he said it's just a button pressing rhythm game. An "accessable" PoP built newbie friendly a good game does not make.

On the note of Far Cry and PoP, i think Ubisoft has fucked up a few times this year.

Off topic, but i was playing fable 3 and was on some quest, when i realized there was a little island shaped like the lionhead logo. It was weird and unexpected...

Huge dissapointments were Too Human and Civilization Revolution. but somehow i still ended up buying them.

Mushroom Men ate sh*t moderately hard when considering the expectations that preceded it. Like alot of wii games, it was stylisticly great, but just a little too ho-hum. I'm glad that I only rented it.

Honestly, ive made it a habit not to get my hopes up for a wii game. Ive enjoyed very few games on it thus far, and i wont like them anymore in the future.

Uver said:
Off topic, but i was playing fable 3 and was on some quest, when i realized there was a little island shaped like the lionhead logo. It was weird and unexpected...
Fable 3?
Oh, and back on topic, Fable 2 was mildly disappointing. The story did little to get you engaged, and overall, once you can get your hands on a decent master weapon (easy from a good hour of work or if you wanna cheat, then do that too), you can basically chop up everything in your way with no challenge whatsoever. Peter Molyneux doesn't enjoy creating challenge, does he?

Guitar Hero: World Tour.

WHAT HAPPENED. We were promised so much content, so many things and they all ended up coming to life, only half as how they said they would. Creating music is severely limited and the tones do not come aplenty. Set list compared to Rock Band/2 is terrible...not as much great download support and not as many independent artists, just bigger names, not better music.

The drums were glitchy too, even with tuning. Guitar parts felt slightly off sync at times until you figured out the delay (not the calibration.)

Fail.

For me it was GTA IV.
- Repetitive
- Nothing to do really after the story what were.....
- Repetitive
- Multiplayer had it's potential, but because of the lack of players on ps3, never got into it.
- Too realistic, The over the top hulabalooza in gta:sa made it one of my favorite games.
- City, I would have wanted more variation.

Actually I thought it would be a SA with next gen graphics, but they took it to another direction.

Too Human, for many of the reasons already listed here. An action game that uses the analog sticks for attacking....makes no sense. How can an action game not require the use of your thumbs in an "action" type of way? (bad analogy, but you all get the point) Holding my thumbs in one direction for long periods of time is not action packed at all.

I love The Force Unleashed to death. But I do admit it was slightly disappointing that it didn't quite live up to all it's hype. However, that does not make it a bad game.

My choices for most disappointing games that I played this year would have to be Far Cry 2 and The Force Unleashed...

FC2 had a ton of potential...But the realism (or lack there of) of having to repair an engine every 10 minutes just destroyed any fun I was having in the game. Also you can't get ANYWHERE without being shot at...

And I have never gotten more pissed off about a game than I did playing through TFU...I mean, yeah it's fun for a bit, but once the coolness of destroying stormtroopers gets old all it does is repeat itself over and over and over...And how lame and stupid was the destroyer battle??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod