OFFICIAL GR Forums Game of the Year Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best Downloadable Game (XBLA, PSN) - DC Universe Online
Best Music Game - LBP 2
Best PS3 Game - LBP 2
Best Kids Game - LBP 2

A running list would help

I haven't kept up much with the releases this year, so my picks are a little.. shorter than others.

Best FPS: Portal 2
Best RPG: Saints Row The Third
Best Sandbox: Saints Row The Third
Best Fighting Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Biggest Disappointment: Dead Space 2

Oh, come on. With the upgrade system, Saints Row The Third should totally count as an RPG. Respect is just another form of XP in that game.

Tyrranis said:
I haven't kept up much with the releases this year, so my picks are a little.. shorter than others.

Best FPS: Portal 2
Best RPG: Saints Row The Third
Best Sandbox: Saints Row The Third
Best Fighting Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Biggest Disappointment: Dead Space 2

Oh, come on. With the upgrade system, Saints Row The Third should totally count as an RPG. Respect is just another form of XP in that game.

So MW3 and BF3 could also go in that category. Hell, any shooter with an unlock system.

There are games with light RPG elements where you level up your character through gaining experience in order to progress in the game. But a true RPG is also about developing a strategy to bring down enemies. Saint's Row and FPS games involves a lot of running and gunning while Final Fantasy requires you to form a strategy with your gained abilities to bring down a foe.

What does RPG mean to you?
ThinkingMan_Rodin_328x284.jpg

lol, it was really hard thinking up games that came out this year. I need to play more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod