GAME OF THE YEAR - 2019

Master_Craig

Forum Moderator
Staff member
GameRevolution, you are making it so Goddamn hard for me to want to post on these forums. Even when I make a new thread, you assault me and my senses with the same, stupid video-ad that automatically plays every time I load a new page on the forum. I honestly feel like you guys don't want visitors to your forum or website anymore. I don't even know why I'm making this thread, as I'm unsure as to who, if anyone will respond, since GR essentially chased them out of the house.

Now that my bitter rant is out of the way, here's the thread for Game of the Year 2019.

Feel free to edit this list as December pulls up, because we all know 2019 isn't over when it comes to games on the way. For now... here are the categories:

1. Best first person shooter -

2. Best multiplayer -

3. Best action/adventure -

4. Best platformer -

5. Best fighting -

6. Best racing/driving -

7. Best RPG -

8. Best VR -

9. Best graphics -

10. Best soundtrack -

11. Best story/narrative -

12. Best performance (voice acting) -

13. Best DLC -

14. Best handheld -

15. GAME OF THE YEAR 2019 -

16. WORST GAME OF 2019 -

17. Most disappointing of 2019 (this doesn't necessarily mean the 'worst' game, maybe you played it and you still enjoyed it, but the hype train lead you to be disappointed. A great example is 2015's Batman: Arkham Knight) -

As a heads up, you do not have to fulfil the entire criteria. If you haven't played a particular category, that's all good.

Last edited:
Below is my list which may be subject to change until the end of the year. This list is also based off games that I have played and finished. I also tried to focus on games that came out in 2019, or that I at the very least, discovered in 2019.

1. Best first person shooter - Far Cry: New Dawn.

2. Best multiplayer - Far Cry: New Dawn co-op mode.

3. Best action/adventure - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, followed closely by Resident Evil 2 and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.

4. Best platformer - Owlboy.

5. Best fighting - Didn't play any.

6. Best racing/driving - Didn't play any.

7. Best RPG - The Outer Worlds.

8. Best VR - Didn't play any.

9. Best graphics - Resident Evil 2, followed by Devil May Cry 5, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and The Outer Worlds.

10. Best soundtrack - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, followed by Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.

11. Best story/narrative - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, followed by The Outer Worlds.

12. Best performance (voice acting) - Ashly Burch as Parvati Holocomb (The Outer Worlds), followed by Cameron Monaghan as Cal Kestis (Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order).

13. Best DLC - Resident Evil 2's Ghost Survivors.

14. Best handheld - Didn't play any this year.

15. GAME OF THE YEAR 2019 - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.

16. WORST GAME OF 2019 - Days Gone.

17. Most disappointing of 2019 (this doesn't necessarily mean the 'worst' game, maybe you played it and you still enjoyed it, but the hype train lead you to be disappointed. A great example is 2015's Batman: Arkham Knight) - Days Gone, followed by Rage 2 and Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.

In all honesty, I don't think I have played a game made in 2019, unless you count the Castlevania Anniversary Collection, of which I have only played three games so far. Even taking games that were made before 2019, I've only played Horizon: Zero Dawn, Batman Arkham collection, Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry, the aforementioned Castlevania games, and now Spider-Man. Assuming I finish it before the end of the year and get to Jedi Fallen Order, then Jedi will win every category that it qualifies for, simply for being the one 2019 game I've played.

I can suggest Mortal Kombat 11 as the best fighting game in 2019.
Best RPG is clearly Disco Elysium and nobody can convince me otherwise.
Can't really comment on most other categories since i'm really picky in games I play and I'm not really a huge shooter person.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod