Game Revolution is unstoppable

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by segageek, Feb 23, 2013.

1. segageek

segageek Rookie

Seriously this site outlasted Gamepro 1 up and Gamespy thats pretty amazing gr forever

2. Optimus-Crime

Optimus-Crime Rookie

I named the 1 up network.
    it's true.

I ran into Crispin Boyer, one of the main EGM review crew dudes and surely editor in chief at some time, on Tetris Worlds on the original Xbox Live. He took a liking to my username: 1 Up. (actually, it was x 1Up x, because you couldn't start an xbox live gamertag with a number)

He says, "Hmmm, 1 Up. That's a good name."

Literally 2 weeks later, 1 Up is everywhere. On clothes sold at Hot Topic, and part of EGM's 1 Up network, a Ziff Davis publishing venture.

I have no proof. I do have old screen shots of me playing halo pc as 1 up, but that's not really proof.

I was a fan, so it was cool.

I had a part in that whole "1up" thing.

http://oi46.tinypic.com/xcm909.jpg
    http://oi49.tinypic.com/9s437l.jpg
    he said the review crew played Tetris Worlds online, so I thought I'd maybe run into him, Dan "Shoe" Hsu, or one of the other guys if I played more Tetris Worlds, and then I did.

If you ever wore a tshirt with that green 1up mushroom, first off HAHAHAH, and second, you're welcome!

3. danielrbischoff

Yeah I didn't think about that the other day, but damn we're going strong right now.

4. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Keep fighting the good fight, sirs. And if you fall, the PEOPLE will speak, Optimus_Crime-style.