what happened to the game revolution look!!?

UghRochester said:
LinksOcarina said:
Mojomike232 said:
This sucks. Looks just like every other video game website. Really disappointed to see how shitty GR has gotten, this is the site I've been going to for games since I was about 12, and it being no better and just as money-grubbing than a 1up or gamepro or whatever is supremely disappointing.

How so?

I mean, it's not like the reviews are being skewed or anything like that.
It's still the same sight...Just different layout, colour scheme, and kinks in the navigation. Other than that, it's still GR.

And the last part schimmel said, i will agree with

Remember a severe deficit of ads even just a few years ago as compared to now? This was the only gaming site I used to go to just because I trusted it more because of the lack of ads. I just don't trust sites that go to such extremes of advertising (as most other game sites do, and now GR evidently) especially to the point that my computer is wheezing every time I try to look at the front page. Also when crave is basically just calling the shots, its disappointing for being from a website I thought was proud of its independence. Someone also posted a comparison of this layout to the ign layout, which I thought was very apt.

I agree with TL and the other guys the white is too bright.

Reading more than lines of text makes my eyes more irritated than it did before with the black background.

If the advertisers must have white background, atleast make it more greyish.

My color scheme is still the old one, only thing that is different is the icons for new posts and read/un-read topics are different and have a white glow to them making them hard to read.

Then refresh your cached version, hit Ctrl + F5.

schimmel said:
Meanwhile, I'm actually starting to get annoyed at people complaining about the color of the site. I'm already used to it. Granted, the white isn't what we want, but we're not gonna get what we want and the sooner everyone realizes that and stops their whining the better.
Well, congratulations, you've got used to it. Meanwhile a very large majority of us haven't, so fuck you. As malakian said, this isn't a dictatorship and you're not calling any of the shots, so stop trying to pretend you're somehow any more important than anybody else on here. Telling people to quit bitching and get used to it is an insult, quite frankly, an insult I don't much care for.

GR-Logo-Original.jpg

masterchris said:
Then refresh your cached version, hit Ctrl + F5.

schimmel said:
Meanwhile, I'm actually starting to get annoyed at people complaining about the color of the site. I'm already used to it. Granted, the white isn't what we want, but we're not gonna get what we want and the sooner everyone realizes that and stops their whining the better.
Well, congratulations, you've got used to it. Meanwhile a very large majority of us haven't, so f*** you. As malakian said, this isn't a dictatorship and you're not calling any of the shots, so stop trying to pretend you're somehow any more important than anybody else on here. Telling people to quit bitching and get used to it is an insult, quite frankly, an insult I don't much care for.

I really don't know why you have it out for me, I've really done nothing to you. I also retracted that statement and admitted that I was wrong to say it later in this very same thread if you had read on.

Well I apologize again. I had a bad morning and as a result my forum post was clearly more insulting than I wanted it to be.

masterchris said:
I did, but I still wanted to reply to it because it annoyed me greatly.

I agree, its kind of like you just broke your leg in front of your friend having a bone sticking out of your leg, and your friend asking "Are you ok?" It honestly makes you want to scream at them "DO I LOOK OK!?" and punch them in the face. (True story btw.)

Briggsred said:
I agree, its kind of like you just broke your leg in front of your friend having a bone sticking out of your leg, and your friend asking "Are you ok?" It honestly makes you want to scream at them "DO I LOOK OK!?" and punch them in the face. (True story btw.)
:drink:

Wow, up to 580 votes (plus 75 if you count the tasteless and tacky) out of 1000 against this new scheme. Keep it up!

Will it matter? Probably not. I just hope duke is reading all of this and knowing he's losing folks that have been coming here for over a decade.

If this is the "oldest" gaming website still around then it should make a damn good effort to be different and unique, not a clone of bloated messes like gamespot and ign. An old man should stand proud and indifferent to the younger rabble instead of trying to be cool and hip and failing miserably.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
Wow, up to 580 votes (plus 75 if you count the tasteless and tacky) out of 1000 against this new scheme. Keep it up!

Will it matter? Probably not. I just hope duke is reading all of this and knowing he's losing folks that have been coming here for over a decade.

If this is the "oldest" gaming website still around then it should make a damn good effort to be different and unique, not a clone of bloated messes like gamespot and ign. An old man should stand proud and indifferent to the younger rabble instead of trying to be cool and hip and failing miserably.
This is the best post in here so far. Hits on everything perfect.

keepithowitis said:
Eyebrowsbv31 said:

Duke has said many times though he has little to no input over things like design and layout anymore. If he had his way odds are the place would still have the beat up car as its pre-homepage homepage.

I vote we bring back that beat-up car.

schimmel said:
keepithowitis said:
Eyebrowsbv31 said:

Duke has said many times though he has little to no input over things like design and layout anymore. If he had his way odds are the place would still have the beat up car as its pre-homepage homepage.

I vote we bring back that beat-up car.

Well then the "Revolution" is over. Gamecomplacent.com maybe? Gamecorporate.com?

I'd rather donate 20$ a month (with a promise to give PC gaming more attention) to this place then to see the garbage that atomic or crave or who-the-fuck-ever decides what it should be.

I know that the content is the same, the only thing that is changing is the looks, but would you date your girlfriend if she suddenly cut her tits off and replaced them with two large noses? Sure the same old girlfriend is there, but now you get to fondle the wrong type of honkers.

Congrats on your strangest analogy ever award.
I'm hoping you don't start a titty chopping-nose replacing trend :cry:

honestly, you know what...honestly?..... I'm starting to dig the fucking white.

dude it's almost like reading a Japanese newspaper. the splashes of color here and there make it, dare i say, even more unique.

I think everyone is being too dramatic. Layout of the website is one thing, and I agree, it's too corporate. But at the same time the reviews and previews are what matter in the end, and I don't see how Crave can control that.

If I could, id buy GR from them and give it to Duke so he owns it, but as it stands we need to make due.

As long as Duke doesn't leave GR, I can handle it by toning down my brightness on my screen for a bit. We're not really being over dramatic, when a forum causes physical problems such as headaches it should be remedied.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod